Take a Look at Artwork of the Slimmed Down Depth Charge, the Transformers Collectors Club Incentive Figure

Peter_Van

transformers-collectors-club-incentive-figure-freebie-depth-charge-terradive__scaled_100.jpg
Fun Publications has also released a clear look at the artwork for Depth Charge, the Transformers Collectors Club incentive figure for next year. This is the same artwork that was shown during the club panel at BotCon 2012 where Fun Publications also announced their subscription service. The figure uses the Transformers Hunt For the Decepticons Terradive mold, and the organizers joked that Depth Charge went on a bit of a diet this go around when compared to his Beast Wars counterpart. Read the Full News Story Here

I think it's a decent homage toy for BW Depth charge. I like the king neptune trident staff this mold has that at least ties something to the sea.

As far as this TFCC Freebie 2013 depth charge having a jet mode with wings,compared to BW Depth charge's sea beast mode. Honestly the BW mode did have wings As it was a transmetal & had a 3rd flying mode. it did dive/fly around in the sea & air. So I see no big difference in a jet mode that flys thru the sky & the BW alt mode that flew thru the oceans.

As noted the HFTD Terradive head sculpt does have a fishy styled face,so at least it looks a bit like BW depth charge's fishy styled robot head sculpt.

I think this is a great TFCC 2013 freebie club toy. because at least it's based off a popular toy/media character that got tons of 3-D persona.

Well, I don't hate it by any means, but it is a little hard to reconcile that body type with the Depthcharge I'm used to. Still, I look forward to adding him to my collection.

He's definitely better than ROTF Depthcharge. I liked him well enough, but never picked him up because as scale goes a battleship just doesn't belong in the Scout class.

Reminds me more of Sky-Byte then Depth Charge. The should have done something with the Seaspray mold

No. I hate the pink. Its too distracting. It would have been much better suited just being blue chrome, silver chrome and black. Seriously, if they made it transmetal I would be on freakin' bored. But this just looks crappy.

Is it SUPPOSED to be BW Depth Charge? Or like some wacky transdimensional version of him? Or G2?

In any case I wish the incentive figure was Breakdown. At least I wont feel like I have a reason to renew next year.

Reminds me more of Sky-Byte then Depth Charge. The should have done something with the Seaspray mold

I agree,the HFTD sea spray mold would have made a nice depth charge. due to both toys being overly bulky & having water based alt modes.

Archived