TF Con convention,Art,Custom & Contest info.

Shadowpanther

Canada's Annual Transformers Collectors Convention – July 27th to 29th, 2012 – Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre – 6750 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, Ontario.

TF CON,Art,Custom and Costume Contest Info below:

"This year sees the return of the TF con art and customs contest. Entries may be submitted from 9 am until 12 pm the Saturday of the convention. After 12 pm all art pieces will be judged by the LamerCon Art Judges. The winner will be announced at a time on the event schedule. This year there will be 3 categories for the art contest attendees are welcome to enter, 2D, 3D, and costume. All entries are to be PG-13. Pieces previously entered cannot be entered again. No collaborative entries, the piece has to be 100% your own creation. Limit of two entries per person.

2D entries can be anything from a painting, black and white drawing, color drawing, computer render print out, basically anything that’s on a flat piece of paper qualifies for this category. It is preferred that any 2D entry be mounted, framed or in a protective covering. 3D entries can be anything from a diorama, kitbash/custom, toy repaint or statue.

2D entries will be judged on originality, perspective, creativity, lighting/shadows, application of color/tones, detail, realism/suspension of disbelief and the judges overall impression. 3D entries will be judged on detail, originality, use of color, proportions, realism, use of materials, innovativeness, neatness and the judges overall impression.

The 3D art contest prizes will be custom made trophies from TF con. These prizes will only be offered to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries so be prepared to come ready to compete!

TF con Costume Contest

This year sees the return of the TF con costume contest. Come to the show dressed as a Transformer or Transformers character and be prepared to be showcased for the judges and an audience of attendees. Entrants are asked to meet in the scheduled panel room at the start of the contest, sharp. Please see the schedule for up to date times.

Sunday come dressed in your favorite 80s themed costume for a second costume contest. Once again meet in the scheduled panel room at the start of the contest, sharp. Please see the schedule for up to date times.

Guidelines

-No restrictions on the character species (robot, human, etc…)

-Participants are free to create their own character, although a known Transformer may garner more interest

-As children enjoy participating in this event, please keep all costumes PG

-A costume of your own creation will be further rewarded

-1 costume per person per day

-Past prize-winning costumes are ineligible to win, but are free to attend the gathering

Sign-up

-Entrants to write their name & costume Character, on an entry form

-Can include a brief description for the host to announce

Categories

There are 2 prize categories this year:

1st prize: Best Costume – Close up review of the design and craftsmanship that goes into costume creation and construction. How does the outfit look? Does it Transform?

It’s all about costume quality if you want to win 1st prize!

2nd prize: Best Performance – You’re wearing a costume, but can you act the part? We’re looking for a great performance in a great costume.

Character presentation is the key to winning 2nd prize!"

My 2 cents: I love looking at all the talented TF fans art,customs & Costumes at conventions via my computer.

I have a few questions:

1- Will hasbro attend TF Con? I think they might have in previous years.

2- Will their be 3rd party companies selling stuff,showing off future projects & having live panels? I think they might have in previous years.

Canada's Annual Transformers Collectors Convention July 27th to 29th, 2012 Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre 6750 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, Ontario.

TF CON,Art,Custom and Costume Contest Info below:

"This year sees the return of the TF con art and customs contest. Entries may be submitted from 9 am until 12 pm the Saturday of the convention. After 12 pm all art pieces will be judged by the LamerCon Art Judges. The winner will be announced at a time on the event schedule. This year there will be 3 categories for the art contest attendees are welcome to enter, 2D, 3D, and costume. All entries are to be PG-13. Pieces previously entered cannot be entered again. No collaborative entries, the piece has to be 100% your own creation. Limit of two entries per person.

2D entries can be anything from a painting, black and white drawing, color drawing, computer render print out, basically anything thats on a flat piece of paper qualifies for this category. It is preferred that any 2D entry be mounted, framed or in a protective covering. 3D entries can be anything from a diorama, kitbash/custom, toy repaint or statue.

2D entries will be judged on originality, perspective, creativity, lighting/shadows, application of color/tones, detail, realism/suspension of disbelief and the judges overall impression. 3D entries will be judged on detail, originality, use of color, proportions, realism, use of materials, innovativeness, neatness and the judges overall impression.

The 3D art contest prizes will be custom made trophies from TF con. These prizes will only be offered to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries so be prepared to come ready to compete!

TF con Costume Contest

This year sees the return of the TF con costume contest. Come to the show dressed as a Transformer or Transformers character and be prepared to be showcased for the judges and an audience of attendees. Entrants are asked to meet in the scheduled panel room at the start of the contest, sharp. Please see the schedule for up to date times.

Sunday come dressed in your favorite 80s themed costume for a second costume contest. Once again meet in the scheduled panel room at the start of the contest, sharp. Please see the schedule for up to date times.

Guidelines

-No restrictions on the character species (robot, human, etc…)

-Participants are free to create their own character, although a known Transformer may garner more interest

-As children enjoy participating in this event, please keep all costumes PG

-A costume of your own creation will be further rewarded

-1 costume per person per day

-Past prize-winning costumes are ineligible to win, but are free to attend the gathering

Sign-up

-Entrants to write their name & costume Character, on an entry form

-Can include a brief description for the host to announce

Categories

There are 2 prize categories this year:

1st prize: Best Costume Close up review of the design and craftsmanship that goes into costume creation and construction. How does the outfit look? Does it Transform?

Its all about costume quality if you want to win 1st prize!

2nd prize: Best Performance Youre wearing a costume, but can you act the part? Were looking for a great performance in a great costume.

Character presentation is the key to winning 2nd prize!"

My 2 cents: I love looking at all the talented TF fans art,customs & Costumes at conventions via my computer.

I have a few questions:

1- Will hasbro attend TF Con? I think they might have in previous years.

2- Will their be 3rd party companies selling stuff,showing off future projects & having live panels? I think they might have in previous years.

answer to question 1- yes Hasbro will be there!!(and so will i)

answer to question 2- kinda, i'm sure there will be third party stuff you can buy, they dont have the rule Hasbro brought to this years Botcon. but as the third party companies actually being there, i dought it, because the last time that happend there was a huge falling out with fansproject!!

edit, since the exclusive this year is from igear...check out there website and read the bio of SHAFTER, (for some reason everytime i write TF con in website form it comes out lamercon) for all the details!! you'll have to google it!!

Archived