Official Pics of FOC Soundwave and Soundblaster

Lord_Onslaught

He looks great and I'm looking forward to him. But my question is why does he seem to come with a G1 Prime blaster...or at least a very very close look alike.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prime Soundwave sucks. Ive only seen the first season but the writing for him is craptastic. I like the head ALOT and his looks sort of grew on me but the toy is kind of fail.

Prime Soundwave sucks. Ive only seen the first season but the writing for him is craptastic. I like the head ALOT and his looks sort of grew on me but the toy is kind of fail.

Oh, Breaker...no.

I kid. It is amazing what some people like and what some people dislike. I personally think the offerings from Prime have given us Soundwave at his absolute best.

I remember there being two versions of Soundwave when I grew up (as was the case with at least half of the characters from G1): the blindly loyal lapdog I saw on my TV screen courtesy of the G1 cartoon and the chilling character description provided on his tech-specs card. The account that impressed me the most was the information put forth on his tech-specs. I got the impression early on that in many important ways, Soundwave WAS the Decepticons, was the very foundation upon which their uprising stood, and was the iron fist that held the uprising firmly in Megatron's unyeilding grasp.

Animated was the first continuity that I saw that represented Soundwave as a legitimate solo entity, a grave threat of the highest order, and I was very appreciative of that, because the lapdog iteration of the character had more than run its course as far as I was concerned. Then along came the Bayverse and while the persona of the character was MIA, the satellite and Mercedes Benz forms of the character were so wonderfully aberrant as compared to what we might normally expect of Soundwave that I fell in love with the look of the character right off the bat and totally wish that more had been done with this character. While I loved the overall character that we saw in Animated, I loved that the Bayverse held virtually no visual clues to tie Soundwave into the original G1 version other than his head design.

Enter Prime, who took elements from both Animated and The Bayverse and offered the TF universe with this ever more aberrant and creepy iteration of the character: downright chilling, completely re-imagined and yet more G1 than any other Soundwave than G1 itself. I am in love with this character right now, which is amazing since the only thing you can base anything off of with him are his actions alone. Everything about this character, from his alternate mode to his oppressive silence to his dark and malevolent and slightly batlike look, impresses me like you wouldn't believe and the only thing I'd want now is a voyager toy of TFPrime Soundwave. The only thing I didn't like about the toy are the limits in his leg poseability, which seems to be due to equal parts joint setup and the aircraft kibble on the highest point of the calves (?).

What I really like about the FOC toy (as I said earlier, it's just a bigger version of the WFC DLX, and I LOVED that) is that the feet look much less boatlike than those on the DLX. I do wish the arms could have been beefed up, but that's me nitpicking. It's a fine-looking toy...I've just been spoiled by Animated, Michael Bay and now Prime. I now want something less representative of G1 from this character.

Oh, Breaker...no.

I kid. It is amazing what some people like and what some people dislike. I personally think the offerings from Prime have given us Soundwave at his absolute best.

I remember there being two versions of Soundwave when I grew up (as was the case with at least half of the characters from G1): the blindly loyal lapdog I saw on my TV screen courtesy of the G1 cartoon and the chilling character description provided on his tech-specs card. The account that impressed me the most was the information put forth on his tech-specs. I got the impression early on that in many important ways, Soundwave WAS the Decepticons, was the very foundation upon which their uprising stood, and was the iron fist that held the uprising firmly in Megatron's unyeilding grasp.

Animated was the first continuity that I saw that represented Soundwave as a legitimate solo entity, a grave threat of the highest order, and I was very appreciative of that, because the lapdog iteration of the character had more than run its course as far as I was concerned. Then along came the Bayverse and while the persona of the character was MIA, the satellite and Mercedes Benz forms of the character were so wonderfully aberrant as compared to what we might normally expect of Soundwave that I fell in love with the look of the character right off the bat and totally wish that more had been done with this character. While I loved the overall character that we saw in Animated, I loved that the Bayverse held virtually no visual clues to tie Soundwave into the original G1 version other than his head design.

Enter Prime, who took elements from both Animated and The Bayverse and offered the TF universe with this ever more aberrant and creepy iteration of the character: downright chilling, completely re-imagined and yet more G1 than any other Soundwave than G1 itself. I am in love with this character right now, which is amazing since the only thing you can base anything off of with him are his actions alone. Everything about this character, from his alternate mode to his oppressive silence to his dark and malevolent and slightly batlike look, impresses me like you wouldn't believe and the only thing I'd want now is a voyager toy of TFPrime Soundwave. The only thing I didn't like about the toy are the limits in his leg poseability, which seems to be due to equal parts joint setup and the aircraft kibble on the highest point of the calves (?).

What I really like about the FOC toy (as I said earlier, it's just a bigger version of the WFC DLX, and I LOVED that) is that the feet look much less boatlike than those on the DLX. I do wish the arms could have been beefed up, but that's me nitpicking. It's a fine-looking toy...I've just been spoiled by Animated, Michael Bay and now Prime. I now want something less representative of G1 from this character.

Yeah, what Shellformer said :P

I think TF Prime designs do a better job of resisting the urge to be G1 homages in favor of capturing the essence of the characters than any show that I've seen yet.

But I would never tell a man his business in regard to his favorite character either.

I think I'll go with Soundblaster since I have deluxe Soundwave

Well i liked what little bit he portrayed. When he snapped the picture of the kids, how he just randomly appears behind Starscream and startles him. But thats just two things in the whole series that I thought was cool. Everything else has just been meh. Granted Ive only seen season 1 but Ive never seen him actually fight and the whole silence thing started to wear thin. I was really wanting him to contribute more then just the "Soundwave contact this guy," or "Soundwave where are they?" followed by silence and a video/audio clip.

Does he get substantially better later on? I'll probably watch more Prime but it just didn't click with me. I didn't feel like I had to see what was going to happen next. Not like Animated where I was craving the next episode.

Well i liked what little bit he portrayed. When he snapped the picture of the kids, how he just randomly appears behind Starscream and startles him. But thats just two things in the whole series that I thought was cool. Everything else has just been meh. Granted Ive only seen season 1 but Ive never seen him actually fight and the whole silence thing started to wear thin. I was really wanting him to contribute more then just the "Soundwave contact this guy," or "Soundwave where are they?" followed by silence and a video/audio clip.

Does he get substantially better later on? I'll probably watch more Prime but it just didn't click with me. I didn't feel like I had to see what was going to happen next. Not like Animated where I was craving the next episode.

It's kind of a tough call: if you're already unimpressed with what you've seen from TFPrime Soundwave, then I honestly--as much as I love the series--don't think the rest of the series will change your mind. I say that because he remains silent and the character is mostly about his actions or the interpretation thereof and subtleties that may not be immediately obvious. The series feels more like a lead-in, a slow progression where this character is concerned, as though we haven't seen what this Soundwave is truly all about yet, and that (IMO) makes the character seem even cooler.

I will admit that my first exposure to the series was watching various Starscream and Megatron clips...and then, the one time I saw Soundwave fight, he took on and thrashed Airachnid in part 3 of "One Shall Rise" which was Billy Jack-esque in its badassery. Since then, I have totally immersed myself in the Prime continuity.

I would like to see Soundwave totally trounce somebody. I don't think I've ever seen him do that before, in anything. Ever.

I would like to see Soundwave totally trounce somebody. I don't think I've ever seen him do that before, in anything. Ever.

Youtube "One Shall Rise" part 3. Other than episode 1 of "MTMTE" when he dropped 2 or 3 Autobots when the Decepticons boarded The Ark, this is as close as you will get to seeing Soundwave go all Charles Bronson on somebody.

Airachnid did not even begin to win that fight.

Archived