Bad buyer on eBay... How should I handle this?

Reluttr

You could always cancel your paypal and ebay account and wait a few months and set them back up later.

Be sure and tell him that you put infrared marks on the cart and if he shipped a different one, he won't see a dime.

Problem is the split second eBay decides against you, they automatically withdraw the funds from your primary account (or secondary if primary won't cover it). By the time he got the letter with their decision, they likely withdrew the money. I'd actually be surprised if he even sees the material come back to him.

This happened to a friend of mine a year ago. He sent off a camera that a buyer won. Two weeks later, the buyer filed a complaint saying he never received it. eBay didn't even give my friend time to trace the package before siding with the buyer AND withdrawing the refund from his account in the same stroke. Where my friend failed (and eBay told him this flat out) is he didn't purchase insurance or signature confirmation. eBay DOES NOT accept delivery confirmation as proof of delivery. Funny thing is, the next auction the buyer placed on eBay had remarkably better photo quality than his last.

Since the buyer feedback system has been gone, buyers have more ability than ever to cheat the system and shaft the buyers. If I can give any one piece of advice to people who use eBay, it's this. All shipments... ALL SHIPMENTS... should be sent with a SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION and INSURANCE! NO EXCEPTIONS! I prefer using UPS because you can have it set to where only the person it's addressed to can sign for it. It's an extra charge, but well worth it. Also, if it's under $100, insurance is included with the shipping charges. After $100 there's a charge, but it's reasonable. Since I've switched to this method, I've had ZERO issues.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious of something... ebay has stated he has to ship it back with a tracking number before they give him the money... Yet I have not yet seen a tracking number at all. Is it possible for him to submit a tracking number and I not see it?

Well, that's new. Maybe eBay is wising up. When I got burned with my Nextel phone, he never had to send it back.

I bet you he sent it back using delivery confirmation, which eBay does NOT accept as a form of tracking. This could work to your advantage... :tfevil

3 days, I honestly hope he didn't do any tracking so you can claim he never mailed and somehow can get it all turned back on him

Another thing make sure the one he sent you is the one you sent him, if not I would bring that up to eBay

Well I got it today. Everything seems to be alright, does not even look like he tried to play it...

Guess ill resell it and just eat the difference in cost. :redface

Still though, I would block this guy, because just with the ebay and paypal fee's alone I am going to end up eating like $100... This is NOT counting the fact the game will probably sell for less this time around and the ebay and paypal fee's for the second sale....sigh

I think he was trying to flip it and failed. Do any of the complaints he made about condition hold true? If not, I would try to file an appeal and take current photos. The key words to use in your appeal request is DISPUTE and FRAUD.

No none of his issues hold true. The cart does not even rattle when shaken... He must had been using another game of his to make the sound.

Should I relist the item? I mean what would ebay do if I filed a appeal?

Archived