Bad buyer on eBay... How should I handle this?

Reluttr

Ok I found his video... figures it wasn't the link he gave me.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6rx888d

It appears to be the same game I shipped him... However, there is a bunch of holes in the back of the box, not like that when I shipped it to him, and is apparent in the pic I took. Also he is bitching about the game rattling, has anyone ever had a cartridge game that didn't rattle a little? Plus it only rattled when he shook it a certain way.

Also the yellowing is obviously because of his lighting, as the cart is stark grey in my picture.

Overall its matches my listings picture and description, if he had a issue with the store labels then he should had NOT bid.

Also... I was a bit mistaken and confused this listing for the one for my other game, He waited only like a week to start complaining. :(

I watched the video. The box is just what you had pictured in your auction. Why the hell did the game rattle only once but not any of the other times he shook the cartridge? He needs to learn how to white balance his camera. The cart looks like the standard gray color to me. The use of the gloves just makes him look like a creep.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I found his video... figures it wasn't the link he gave me.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6rx888d

It appears to be the same game I shipped him... However, there is a bunch of holes in the back of the box, not like that when I shipped it to him, and is apparent in the pic I took. Also he is bitching about the game rattling, has anyone ever had a cartridge game that didn't rattle a little? Plus it only rattled when he shook it a certain way.

Also the yellowing is obviously because of his lighting, as the cart is stark grey in my picture.

Overall its matches my listings picture and description, if he had a issue with the store labels then he should had NOT bid.

Also... I was a bit mistaken and confused this listing for the one for my other game, He waited only like a week to start complaining. :(

I watched the video. The box is just what you had pictured in your auction. Why the hell did the game rattle only once but not any of the other times he shook the cartridge? He needs to learn how to white balance his camera. The cart looks like the standard gray color to me. The use of the gloves just makes him look like a creep.

See that's my problem, I just don't understand what the issue is with it. Now the guy keeps sending me messages wanting me to verify I got the video link and what my decision is.

Should I reply to him and basically restate what I have from the start? That I just don't see whats wrong with it or how my listing was misleading.

Also when deciding on a case ebay does look at the messages exchanged between the two members right? If so then I don't possibly see how they could side with this guy because he keeps changing his story. Plus he has basically said that all his "problems" are actually either not really a problem, a nitpick of his and not really my fault, or was caused by himself or the climate.

Either this guy has buyers remorse "because the 10$ clearance sticker on the corner of the box" or he is trying to scam me somehow. Because he keeps insisting I give him a refund THEN he will ship it back, which I know is a load of BS because ebay requires all returns to be in the sellers hand before issuing a refund. Doing otherwise will be on the seller and if they dont get back the item then its tough muffins.

Also... we should start a ebay buyer blacklist on here. Basically it be like a regular forum but have the newer posts first, that way we get a roughly up-to-date list of what accounts scammers are using currently. Although it would not had done me much good since this was a video game. But still something like this would be handy.

eBay seems to side a lot with the buyers. They basically are more interested in keeping buyers than sellers. Even if the messages point to his inconsistency, they will look at two things:

1) You did NOT use signature confirmation. Therefore, you have no proof that he was the one who physically took delivery of it. That's a big one with eBay

2) It's basically your word against his. I find with eBay that they'll take the buyer's word every time.

At this point, you're best off telling him that you stand by your auction and you will not be issuing a refund. Let him file the complaint and send all your correspondences to eBay. I'd also follow that up with a phone call to them. I think this guy is having buyer remorse and is attempting to use eBay's lopsided policies to his advantage. I feel bad for you. Hope it works out for the best. However, with eBay's 'policies' I don't see how you're going to win at this point.

There is one last thing you can do. This is a harsh alternative, but it might protect you. Go to your bank, tell them you think someone is about to commit fraud on your account and have all your accounts linked with PayPal and eBay closed. Then, just abandon your eBay account. Sounds harsh, I know. But losing $600 to some douchebag is also harsh. It will mean that you won't be able to use eBay again. In my opinion though, with the way eBay operates anymore, it wouldn't be a huge loss.

Ok I put my foot down, I explained that I don't see what his issues are and do not see how I deceived him, given he has told me in his messages that all his issues are "non-issues", and simply told him I cant take a refund.... Being as polite as possible of course.

I guess all there is to do now is wait and see.

Ok, so I did a little research on the humidity levels on where you live ( Neelyville ) and where the seller lives ( NYC ) and I found out that the humidity levels where you live ( Neelyville ) is actually about the same as NYC, ( though Neelyville can get a little higher the NYC sometimes in the summer. ) So, unless you've kept this item inside an air tight bag all this time, humidity shouldn't be a problem. :P

EIDT: Plus, even if it was higher in NYC, it would take at least a few weeks for the Humidity to auctually affect anything, espesally if the item is always indoors.

The guy filed a case.

I put in my side of the story, reasonings for not wanting to take a refund, and mentioned everything this guy has said. I then escalated it.

Best of luck! Evilpay rarely sides with the seller, but this guy clearly sounds like a flipper!

Well its been a couple of hours and ebay is still deciding what to do.

I guess this could be a good thing, since alot of time when ebay sides with the buyer its within a hour or two.

eBay is waiting for his response. However, don't be too surprised if you find $600 missing from your bank account tomorrow :(

The guy filed a case.

I put in my side of the story, reasonings for not wanting to take a refund, and mentioned everything this guy has said. I then escalated it.

Well its been a couple of hours and ebay is still deciding what to do.

I guess this could be a good thing, since alot of time when ebay sides with the buyer its within a hour or two.

Personally,I'd reccomend you call the ebay live phone number & the paypal live phone number. I think it'll be better for you if you further explain the situation on the phone to both ebay & paypal.

Archived