Bad buyer on eBay... How should I handle this?

Reluttr

OK, time to make this official like. Here is an excerpt from eBay's timeline policy on dispute resolution:

If you haven't received an item' date=' you can open a case after the estimated delivery date (if available) or 7 days after making payment (if no estimated delivery date was provided). [b']If you received an item and it doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case after receiving the item. You must open a case within 45 days of making payment.[/b]

The seller has 7 days from the time you open the case to reply.

You should receive a refund within 3 days of the seller promising a refund or within 10 days of the seller receiving the returned item. If you haven't received a refund by then, please contact eBay through the Resolution Center, and we'll work with the seller to provide you a refund.

In the rare situation where a seller doesn't reply to you or follow through, and 7 days have passed since the case was opened, you can escalate the case to eBay. If we determine you're owed a full refund, we'll ask you to send the item back to the seller with delivery confirmation (plus signature confirmation for items that are $250.00 and above), and we'll issue you a refund within 3 days of the seller receiving the item.

If it's been 46 or more days since he paid you, he can't do squat diddly poop. :bounce

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well even if he files a case I can use his own messaging against him.

his complaints were.

-store stickers on box

-yellowing of box and cart

-smoke smell

-rattle of the cart

So lets recap...

-Store stickers were in listing image and pointed out in description

-Buyer said yellowing was due to "humidity" or "from being played". I have pics of the game contacts to prove its never been pushed into a system, it had to be the humidity.

-Buyer stated Smoke smell was due to again, "humidity"

-Buyer stated rattle was from factory not tightening the screws fully and not really my fault.

How is it my fault that the humidity in his area caused the box to yellow some? Or that the factory did not tighten the screws to his satisfaction. Or the fact that he did not properly read my listing or look at the listing image. If he was going to be ever so particular about the game when didn't he inquire it before the listing ended?

Needless to say, his claim that the game "should had sold for 300 less" is a wad of Bologna, a game that had a huge chunk ripped off the front sold for only ~80 less than mine.

Definitely sounds like a combonation of buyer's remorse and an inability to flip it. Good luck, man.

Humm another thing... check this guys youtube channel. He has like 3 videos similar to the one for earthbound for other games. Doesn't ebay look at how many times they have filed cases when deciding also?

You would hope. However, eBay's main motivation is appeasing the buyers so they can collect more fees from the seller. [sarcasm] You as a seller should be fortunate that eBay gives you the opportunity to be charged listing fees.[/sarcasm]

I think, he thinks, that makes him look to be "extra super careful" and a "smart collector". Because, you know, in movies and on tv they always wear black gloves when moving something valuable...or trying to steal something valuable without leaving fingerprints.

UPDATE:

The buyer just sent me this.

"Hello. I sent you the video a couple of days ago and I was wondering what did you decide to do?"

lol I guess he lost the memo that "couple" means 2. He sent me the video link at 10:58 on the 8th. It has not even been 48 hours since he sent it. XD

Edit:

Ha, he disable comments and ratings for the video. Guess Tfboy touched a nerve.

Good. lol

Btw, what is the general area where that buyer lives that enough humidity to start "yellowing" the box? :/

humm... according to paypal it was on the 26th.

April 26th or March 26th? Because if it's March 26th, today would be his last day to file a buyer protection dispute. If you can stall him over the weekend, your worries are over :tfevil

Archived