Bad buyer on eBay... How should I handle this?

Reluttr

Ok I found his video... figures it wasn't the link he gave me.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6rx888d

It appears to be the same game I shipped him... However, there is a bunch of holes in the back of the box, not like that when I shipped it to him, and is apparent in the pic I took. Also he is bitching about the game rattling, has anyone ever had a cartridge game that didn't rattle a little? Plus it only rattled when he shook it a certain way.

Also the yellowing is obviously because of his lighting, as the cart is stark grey in my picture.

Overall its matches my listings picture and description, if he had a issue with the store labels then he should had NOT bid.

Also... I was a bit mistaken and confused this listing for the one for my other game, He waited only like a week to start complaining. :(

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears to be the same game I shipped him... However, there is a bunch of holes in the back of the box, not like that when I shipped it to him, and is apparent in the pic I took. Also he is bitching about the game rattling, has anyone ever had a cartridge game that didn't rattle a little? Plus it only rattled when he shook it a certain way.

Also the yellowing is obviously because of his lighting, as the cart is stark grey in my picture.

Overall its matches my listings picture and description, if he had a issue with the store labels then he should had NOT bid.

Also... I was a bit mistaken and confused this listing for the one for my other game, He waited only like a week to start complaining. :(

Wow he did a U-tube video? is he planning on showing this to ebay?

Yes,I realize this ebay buyer did this u-tube video to show you the item & explain it's condition to you. but one has to wonder if he plans on showing this u-tube video to ebay & to paypal too.

This buyer from the way you described him seems like a obvious professional experienced ebay thief/scam artist.

I suspose you can alert ebay that he clearly has multiple items of the thing he's trying to get a refund from you. check his ebay feedback & won ebay auctions & alert ebay that he bought this item from other sellers too.

If he didn't buy the items from other ebay sellers. then alert ebay to all the emails & that u-tube video where the buyer clearly explains he has multiple items of this thing.

does this buyer want a 100% refund? or a partial refund & he wants to keep the item.

I'm actually surprised this buyer hasn't sent the item back to you with delivery confirmation & a trackinmg number. most buyers need to show paypal & ebay the confirmation & tracking number to get a refund.

I'd be worried this buyer would try to return a different item or a $5 whatever item than the one he received. ebay & paypal take the buyers word more,so as long as he gets a confirmation & tracking number,he'll get a refund.

Ebay is awful & horrible. why exactly do buyers needs 5 weeks to decide if they want their money back? why exactly does ebay allow buyers 14 days plus to be allowed a return? isn't a week or a few days enough,why do they need a month plus to ask for a refund/return.

Either way,If it's been over a month. then I suggest you stall the guy & engage him in needless polite conversation for a week. because after 5 weeks have expired,this buyer is no longer entitled to a paypal refund nor ebay return.

Nice video... I disliked it. :P

Did anyone else notice how the cart was grey... until he went to point out the yellowing? Then the lighting started to really mess up and it started going in and out of focus.

Also given what he has shown, don't you think it still fits into the category of "like new"?

The spots in the book are obviously age spots, the game is over a decade old here and the cards are regular card stock treated with a scented coating.

As far as the store labels go... I noted them in the description and they are visible in the listing picture. If he didn't see them then its kinda his own fault.

Edit:

Ha, he disable comments and ratings for the video. Guess Tfboy touched a nerve.

This guy is dumber than a box of hollow rocks. I think he's trying to pull a fast one. I would just end all communique with him.

Yeah I just cut off communication with him after the youtube link was given....

What will happen if he files a case, wins, but then paypal deny's the refund due to insufficient funds?

Yeah I just cut off communication with him after the youtube link was given....

What will happen if he files a case, wins, but then paypal deny's the refund due to insufficient funds?

If it's been past 30 days and he hasn't filed a claim yet, I don't think he can file. If he does file, wins and PayPal yoinks the funds you'll be responsible for ISF fees most likely.

Ok he sent me another message all his own. Now he is saying the smoke smell was probably caused by atmospheric humidity and that the yellowing on the "game chip" was from "poor storage conditions".

So... basically he is saying I should have to take a refund because its really humid where he lives, which reacted with the 15 year old game and made the box suddenly get a smokey smell and yellow slightly. Also he keeps saying the game board yellowed "now because the humidity", its nintendo brown, how does brown yellow? Besides there is teh fact I took pictures of the game contact area with and without flash to prove the contacts were pristine.

Can I be held liable to acts of god due to the area where the buyer lives?

Nope. Send him an email and tell him that you have done everything to the best of your ability and that if he still has issues to file a complaint. He's going to find that his window to file a complaint has closed. I hate people who wait forever and a day to file a claim. Like someone else said here, he was probably hoping to flip it and it backfired on him. In that case, serves him right.

Archived