Bad buyer on eBay... How should I handle this?

Reluttr

I did insure the package for up to like 700$. Also I just counted, I have like 30 pictures of various angles of the box, inserts, guidebook "inside guidebook as well", game cart "also pics of the mirror finish on the contacts", and the cardboard frame that holds it in place. All I can say is thank god that one guy requested additional pics.

There really is no way he can argue it was in bad shape assuming ebay isn't one sided about it. The big problem is the supposed "smell", I really dunno how you can prove the smell of something. Whats sad is that ebay usually sides with the buyer with the "he said she said" type scenario's. I'm hoping though that since he is saying the box, game, and book is heavily damaged and I have proof it clearly was not when it was in my possession that they will see he is just having buyers remorse.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insuring it was a good move. However, did you ask for signature confirmation? In the future, it's the only way to win such a debate with PayPal and/or eBay.

If you got signature confirmation, that should pretty well protect you because that's proof that someone saw the condition it was in prior to signing it. If he waited 30 days to complain about it then you got yourself a regular old douchebag on your hands. Were it me, I'd be inquiring the night I received it and asking for an insurance claim to be filed.

Hah, I informed him that I had 30+ pictures that I took for another bidder and I dont see any stains or damage in the photos.... so he replys by asking me to send him said photo files to him via email, then he will send me some pics of the game with his name by it. XD

Does he seriously think I'm that dumb? I give him those photo's and they magically become ones he had taken of one of his "good copys". Besides why does he need my photos to take pictures of the game? Does he not have the game in his possession anymore?

Reluttr you should send a final email to him telling him, to contact eBay or just stop replying to his emails, once you stop replying he should give it up in a day or two

I decided this was the last email Ill send him.... He replied and said that after I send him the pictures he will send me a detailed video showing the problems "by friday when he is less busy with other things".

Ive also took the liberty to report him for abusing the buyer protection feature. I know it probably wont amount to a hill of beans... but ehh I can try.

As long as you don't send the pictures you will be good, and yeah report his ass for abusing the buyer protection policy. I have seen the sellers win before

Did you & the buyer exchange feedback yet on ebay? if yes what was it negative or positive?

has it been over 5 weeks since your ebay auction ended? if yes,then according to the paypal rules,his chance for a refund has expired.

how many days/weeks did you allow for a refund on the ebay listing page of this auction? if the days/weeks have expired then according to ebay rules you don't have to accept his refund.

Yes,Great plan,call up ebay on the phone or report him thru email to ebay for abusing the buyer protection return/refund policy.

he might be a experienced returner/refunder & he needs to get reported to ebay to prevent him from harming other sellers on ebay.

definatelly add this buyer to your block list. in addittion set your ebay preferences to not allow zero bidders,no bidders with under 2 feedback & no bidders with no paypal account set up. it's possible this buyer might get made at you & try to ruin your other ebay auctions. by bidding on them with new accounts,having fake names & addresses then refusing to pay after he's won. most of the time this revenge bidding comes from the same ebay buyer creating fake ebay accounts with zero feedback or under 4 feedback.

I hate ebay,this is why I left ebay over 4 years ago.

Archived