Bad buyer on eBay... How should I handle this?

Reluttr

eBay won't do scrap. I sold a NexTel phone to someone specifically stating it was shipping UPS Ground. He gave me negative because I didn't ship it Priority and because "I needed to be taught a lesson about how the buyer has all the power". I forwarded all correspondence to eBay. This was their verbatim response to me over the phone:

"You did nothing wrong, but if we reversed his feedback then it would look like we were taking sides"

eBay is liquid sh*t anymore. I only use them if desperate. They need to allow negative feedback on buyers because some buyers are on an ego trip.

Your only hope is that you sent the item to him using a signature confirmation. If you didn't make him sign for delivery, they will side with him and you will be hosed. If he DID sign for it, you're 100% protected.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could do something about the sellers that do not leave feedback. out of the 5 I have had to contact about them needing to leave me feedback, only one has, and Blitz yes. Sellers need to be able to leave negative feedback on buyers otherwise what is the point about even having positive and negative feedback?

Ebay keeps adding newer rules & policies that favor the buyers & hurt the sellers.

I haven't sold antything on ebay in over 4 years. I stopped selling stuff on ebay when they took away the sellers right to leave negative feedback.

I visit the top 10 TF sites/forums daily. I read all the horror stories about ebay & it's newer policies/rules daily from other TF members experiences.

Best advice I can give. Is to call the Ebay customer service phone number. ask to speak to a represenative. ask him questions,get advice. explain your seller & his buyer situation.

eBay is trying to cater more to the corporate/large scale sellers. They really don't care about the people who helped them get where they are, which is the low volume casual sellers.

Called up ebay... wasn't much help, they basically said that all I can do is either just refund him or wait for him to open a case.

Should I keep talking to this guy? Or should I just let things lie where they are and wait for him to file a complaint?

On one hand it gives him more opportunity's to incriminate himself. On the other, if I just let things lie he might find something more worthwhile to pursue and forget about me.

If both parties have already left feedback, the Ebay part is done. Are you already past the buyer protection window for Paypal? If so, its just between you two.

You have pictures of the items condition prior to shipping, but the item was damaged. It could only have been damaged in transit. In which case, that isn't your fault, the buyer should deal with the shipping company. Was there insurance on the package?

What I want to know is why is the seller complaining about the item now? I mean, you said it has been over a month, right? Where the heck has the package been since you send it? Has he just been storing it and waiting to sell his "other" copies of the game, and NOW he desides to open yours? :/

Some buyers are bastards. Simple enough. I would let the issue go. If he hasn't filed a complaint by now, he's likely just hassling you. And if he's already left the negative strike, in my opinion there's no incentive to work with him.

There is a function called BLOCKED BIDDERS. If you enter his/her screen name on that section, it will prevent them from placing a bid on any of your future auctions. I have a nice little list going there :)

Archived