Bad buyer on eBay... How should I handle this?

Reluttr

I recently sold a rare item to someone for ~$600. I was honest with my description and had a accurate photo in the listing.

After about a month week after the buyer received the package they have started complaining of a smoke oder, saying the guidebook is "stained", and that the game cartridge has been dropped and now rattles. This person also drops in the info that they have gotten several copys of said game from creigslist.

Now I don't smoke and even had this item sealed in a airtight container untill the point I preped it for shipping. The rest of the game was in really good condition and had none of the issues he is stating. I have many many pictures to back this up.

The buyer is demanding a full refund of all 600$, but to be honest I no longer have it, it has been a month after all. Plus I am worried this guy will just send me one of his lemon copy's of the game.

What should I do?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently sold a rare item to someone for ~$600. I was honest with my description and had a accurate photo in the listing.

After about a month after the buyer received the package they have started complaining of a smoke oder, saying the guidebook is "stained", and that the game cartridge has been dropped and now rattles. This person also drops in the info that they have gotten several copys of said game from creigslist.

Now I don't smoke and even had this item sealed in a airtight container untill the point I preped it for shipping. The rest of the game was in really good condition and had none of the issues he is stating. I have many many pictures to back this up.

The buyer is demanding a full refund of all 600$, but to be honest I no longer have it, it has been a month after all. Plus I am worried this guy will just send me one of his lemon copy's of the game.

What should I do?

what's his user name? did he have good feedback?

After about a month after the buyer received the package they have started complaining of a smoke oder, saying the guidebook is "stained", and that the game cartridge has been dropped and now rattles. This person also drops in the info that they have gotten several copys of said game from creigslist.

What should I do?

what's his user name? did he have good feedback?

He has about 47 positive feedback to my 250. Neither of us has any negative. "although sellers cannot leave negative feedback"

did you read his feedback? Sellers not able to leave negative feedback to buyers is a load of shit. I tried selling a Trypticon on ebay 4 months ago and the buyer who won it had 15 "positive" but if you read them, they were all negative words. Buyer never paid for my item. So read his feedback and see what others might have said. has he already left feedback for you and vice versa? I'm would shoot him a message saying that he received the package on x date and it's been y many days since then. With him saying he's bought other copies of the game on ebay, it's very shady that the copy you sold him started rattling all of a sudden y days after he received it. Definitely watch what you say to this person.

Definitely forward it all to eBay since it has been 30 days or more and like you said he has said he has bought many before. He might be trying to get his money back by claiming that the one that is like that is yours.

It sounds shady as hell. He is trying to get a copy for free

Looks like he was definitely hoping to flip it into profit, but he got greedy and paid too much so now he is causing problems hoping to get his money back.

He is definitely a flipper, buys then resells almost immediately

I''m just wondering if he didn't damage it. Like spilling coffee on the guidebook and is trying to pin it on me.

I asked him why he had so many copy's of the same game. He got defensive and more or less said he sold them within a month of obtaining them at a profit.

How would eBay handle this? Just from his messages alone he has made himself look guilty. For example in the first message said the game rattled and it stunk of cig smoke. Then in the next started the rattle was actually how it was from the factory but still stated the smoke smell was unbearable. Then in the next message stated the rattle was from "abuse", the guidebook now has mysterious stains, , the game has been played, and the cig smell is worse.

I have more then enough pics to prove the book damage and game damage was done after he got it. But how do you prove the smell of something?

Also he keeps insisting I mislead him with the "like new" status on the auction, although my listing easily fits into the category.

I would get eBay involved and forward all the emails from him to them. And I'm sure eBay would back you up. especially the one about selling them for profit. He is a definite flipper. and angry that he overpaid and wont be able to make as big of a profit as he was hoping to.

Archived