here's a question for Prime and G1 fans

Hellscream85

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we talking about strictly G1 designs, or would the Generations updated designs be in play?

If so, I think I could see a G1 Knockout be more a mixture of elements from Gens/RTS Wheeljack/Tracks.

I said stop. Next one gets a warning.

Sorry, I'll behave...

Are we talking about strictly G1 designs, or would the Generations updated designs be in play?

If so, I think I could see a G1 Knockout be more a mixture of elements from Gens/RTS Wheeljack/Tracks.

Yeah but they've just done Runamuck and Runabout from that mold. so it'd be overkill of the Bumblebee kind if they used them again so soon

In terms of character, Knock Out definitely channels quite a bit of Sunstreakers sociopathic vibe, so in that respect it would be an easy call to tag Sunstreaker as the template (although Tracks definitely rivals Streaker in the vanity department). But from a toy perspective, both the Turbo Tracks mold and the Classics Streaker mold leave a little something to be desired if one is dead set on using those molds to represent Knock Out...if for no other reason than that Knock Out--from the waist up--cleverly shows a new way to transform a car into a robot, and I personally would hate to lose that. With that said, I'd have to go with Classics 'Streaker--even though I do feel Tracks' alt mode fits Knock Out better, 'Streakers' bot mode is much better IMO.

For the record, I was really only thinking of Knockout's Vanity, Nacissism, Sociopathic tendencies, as well as quite a few quotes from Knockout during the series(most notably from this weeks episode "Tunnel Vision"). His actual job, and many other traits of both Sunstreaker and Tracks that they may or may not have in common were not contributing factors(especially since there appears to be a can of worms here, thanks Dreamwave). He may not be as battle-hungry as Sunstreaker, but personality-wise, there really are a ton of common factors.

I think they should bring Sunstreaker into Prime and have him act the same only difference is he is an Autobot. I still think they should release a Headmaster version of Sunstreaker. It is one of the very few things that I like about IDW.

I think they should bring Sunstreaker into Prime and have him act the same only difference is he is an Autobot. I still think they should release a Headmaster version of Sunstreaker. It is one of the very few things that I like about IDW.

I think releasing autobot version of decepticon in a existing TF cartoon/toy line/universe is a great idea.

For years,I wanted hasbro/Takara to repaint various movie-verse barricade toys into prowls colors/persona.

Having autobot versions of decepticons & vice-versa as mortal enemies & duke it out just makes for interesting stories & conflicts. at the very least it shows what make a similar traits persona choose the good or bad path in life.

Archived