Lets all review & rate the Re-generations 80.5 freebie issue.

Shadowpanther

Lets all review & rate the Re-generations 80.5 freebie issue.

Spoilers are inside thread,you've been warned,this is a review.

My 2 cents:

This freebie comic was pure awesome. it had a even mixture of flash back & newer story arcs/plots getting introduced.

I love simon furman & the way he writes TF comics. the man is a genious. he's got this mystical magic when he writes. I really missed simon from the TF IDW comics & his return here was pure awesome & dynamite.

While I'm a huge Simon furman fan. Even I must admit that second page. where simon explains what he's been up to since 1991 was way over the top & in the level of supreme self praise. I did enjoy what projects everyone was doing but the way it got explained,it felt like these guys were in the same iconic league as stan lee.

I don't think anyone actually transformed in the year 2012 in the present day. I'm referring to the core autobots & decepticons not transforming in this issue not the citizens nuetral cybertronians. so I think this was clever. as The last few issues of the marvel TF G-1 comic. left off with some getting turned into action masters. no we'll have to see if the action master process got reversed,forgotton about or if simon will dig deeper into this.

I must admit adding kup,ultra magnus & hotrod as core characters is just awesome. as I love season 3 more than season 1 & 2.

I loved that hotrod said optimus called him "the chosen one". optimus is mentoring hotrod. hopefully we see a rodimus prime before this regeneration comic ends.

Having soundwave as the current decepticon leader on cybertron & rallying the bad guys is great.

I loved that the art has a similar Marvel TF G-1 comic feel to it.

Having cybertron looked restored & populated with cybertronians looked amazing. loved seeing them go about normal situations,like the taxi cab picking up someone & cars driving on the steet/highway.

The explanation of the last autobot & his further role in helping to restore cybertron was brillantly written.

seeing soundwave get that satelite & use it to blow up/destroy the last autobot was the ultimate jaw breaking starting pointing cliff hanger.

I love how some decepticons refuse to mingle in with the peace. love how they portray themselves as outcast & think their getting the low end of the stick.

I kinda wanted to see a update on what megatron was doing all these years. but I guess these fire works will take a entire issue to show case.

I really liked all the old school art touches & stuff like the yellow banners,similar art & so forth.

Loved how they showed flash back marvel TF G-1 Comic art scenes. but it was updated with newer drawn art.

Having the trio team who did some of the marvel TF G-1 comics make a return for this regeneration series is pure old school retro awesomeness.

I'm really looking forward to reading & enjoying all the regeneration issues from #80 thru #100. I have a feeling once simon furman is done writting this. he's gonna get asked to either continue this with issue #101 & beyond. or simon will become the newer writter of the IDW On-going 2014 TF comics.

I have a strong feeling once simon furman is done writting this regeneration TF IDW Comic. simon is going to go down in TF fictional history as the best TF comic writter ever.

• 1 month later...

I love that we're finally getting the opportunity to give a proper send-off to the Marvel G1 comic's, and for those that aren't as thrilled, just think of it as final closure! Like a bad relationship that ended because she cheated, it'll be that sense of closure you get from burning all her stuff, and everything she ever gave you in a trash can on her lawn at 3 o'clock in the morning. Oh sweet satisfaction!

I love that we're finally getting the opportunity to give a proper send-off to the Marvel G1 comic's, and for those that aren't as thrilled, just think of it as final closure! Like a bad relationship that ended because she cheated, it'll be that sense of closure you get from burning all her stuff, and everything she ever gave you in a trash can on her lawn at 3 o'clock in the morning. Oh sweet satisfaction!

IMHO Below:

I love simon furman & I think he's the best TF comic writer ever. I stopped buying all the IDW TF comics

7 months ago. I will be buying the TPB's every 6 months for re-generation for the next 18 months.

Honestly,I don't really feel that the Marvel TF G-1 comics needed a warp up/resolve stories. as all the loose ends I thought were wrapped up decently in the Marvel G.i joe issues #138 to #142. also everything I felt came to a closure/resolve/wrap up in the twelve issues of the Generation 2 comics.

to ignore marvel G-2 comics & those G.I joe issues #138 to #142 makes no sense. as they were decent stories.

I suspose in a perfect world it would be nice if the last issue of re-generation #100. leaves off where the G.I Joe issue #138 started. but I seriously doubt this will happen.

Archived