Cleaning TF toys with electronics in them is a royal pain

Shadowpanther

notice i said lotion free

But,those baby wipes have got to have something on their besides paper cloth & water. depending on the lotion free baby wipes you buy. they may have some type of alchol or antibaterial soap.

Needless to say,I wouldn't reccoment to anyone to use baby wipes lotion free or whatever to clean TF toys.

Because even if it's lotion free,it's gotta have some type of alchol,soap or antibacterial thing on it. these things when applied to plastic toys to clean them,can do more harm than the dust on the toys. these lotion free baby wipes clearly have stuff on their that needs to have the plastic toys afterwards cleaned/dilluted with water.

If one uses lotion free baby wipes on plastic toys & doesnt wash the toys off with water or soap+water. then the alchol can eat away at the plastic toys & possible stain the plastic toy color.. or if the lotion free baby wipes have soap or antibatcterial stuff,then the toys need washed/dilluted with water or they'll be a soapy/glime layer on the plastic toys.

Like I said it's okay to use baby wipes on humans & animals. due to the fact we take showers daily,are alive & keep moving around. to apply baby wipes to plastic toys & not wash them off with water or soap+water is something I'd never reccomend doing.

They make those small vacuum cleaners you can use for cars with the attachments, those work wonders. Something else I also do if there happens to be stubborn dust is a moistened paper towel or preferably a cloth akin to a diaper for wiping them down(Avoid the stickers if you do!. When/if you have those stubborn recessed areas, I break out the q-tips and gently scrub those areas out. For you hard core types, if your so inclined, dremel tools have buffer heads you can get and use those, but I stress you be ultra careful, you can scuff the plastic or outright leave burn marks. Find a crappy bot/toy you don't care about and go that route first if you use the dremel method.

I actually watched a guy use windex to clean his bots. Dude, seriously? At least they smelled better, FWIW...

ive been using baby wipes for 10 or so years...no adverse affects yet...all my toys are still pristine out of the box condition...theres nothing wrong with using baby wipes as long as you know what your doing...ive never had any kind of damage come to my toys from using baby wipes...no discoloring...no paint coming off..no damage..at all..ever...nothing wrong with baby wipes.

Chances are if you haven't cleaned your collection in 'years' the damage is done. Any contaminant that was on the dust has settled into the plastics. I also maintain a vintage/classic model car collection and they get a pretty good layer of dust on them. However, they have a 'clear coat' so I'm not as worried about discolorations. I do 'bathe' them with a car wash concentrate. Don't laugh, it works amazingly well on them. :P

I want to make a third party car wash station just for you, perfectly sized for toy cars :P

Archived