Lets all rate & Judge the Beastwars $20 Ultra sized toys

Shadowpanther

Lets all rate & Judge the Beastwars USA $20 Ultra sized toys.

Personally I think their all the most awesome toy ever...

Two simple rules:

(1) Only The Beastwars Ultra sized USA $20 toys that were released in the years 1996 thru 1999. The Japanese Beastwars 2nd & BW Neo ultra sized toys count & can be added. The $14.99 Mega sized Beastwars toy DO NOT COUNT as they were not sold back then in 1996 thru 1999 as USA $20 ultra sized TF toys.

(2)The Beastmachines toy line doesn't count as this is a beastwars thread.

My 2 cents: Personally I love all the Beastwars USA $20 ultra sized TF toys. their all highly sculpted & beautiful works of art. their best feature is their so poseable & have articulated joints everywhere. the size scale I feel is the best in the TF sizes.

It's worth a serious mention that the year 2005 Cybertron toy line produced beast/bots that were inferior to the Beastwars toys. the cybertron beast/bots had less articulated moving joints,weirldly placed joints,restricted movement & lacking joints in key areas.

If I had to select a favorite out of all the USA Hasbro beastwars ultra toys it would be TM1 Rampage. wow this toy really pushed the levels of everything. passable 3rd tank mode. the robot & beast modes look like pure works of art. the details,gimmicks & huge weapons are breath taking.

I really thought the Takara Exclusive ultra sized Beastwars toys for BW 2nd & Neo took things to the ultimate level. Lioconvoy is a masterpiece of greatness. perhaps the best lion mode we've ever seen in a TF toy. I like all the gimmicks lioconvoy has. the lioconvoy robot mode is so poseable it's amazing. BW2nd galvatron is another great ultra. bw galvatron is a tripple changer. the galvatron tank drill mode looks like a homage 1986 galvatron's alt mode. I'd say BW galvatron robot & dragon mode are far superior than TM2 Megatron's. Magmatron has three seperate beast modes that can combine to form a robot & a bigger combiner beast mode. Bigconvoy has one of the most impressive & power looking robot optimus modes ever. sure the wholly mammoth beast mode is a brick but it has highly stlyized sculpt & that canon that comes out of the trunk.

As far as the Hasbro usa Beastwars ultra sized combiners went. the enginering & sculpt were years ahead of it's time. tripredacus & magnaboss are fine editions to the TF combiners technology.

Tigerhawk is such a beautiful toy in both modes. the amount of high sculpt,detail,gimmicks & design makes this a must have toy. the toy has two great modes,tons of weapons. the wings look great on this toy. love the samurai design the robot mode has. it has a few hidden modes like a tank,gun & other modes. the toy has tons of joints & is powerful looking in both modes.

depth charge & TM2 Megatron. both have decent beast modes. both have poseable robot modes. great gimmicks & high sculpt.

1996 ultra primal & ultra Megatron. both of these are such iconic toys. their must have if you have a huge beastwars toy collection. my reccomedations get anniversary versions with different grown up newer head sculpts. love the poseabilty & gimmicks these toys have. love the powerfulness these molds evoke. decently proprtioned TF toys.

BEST THING OF ALL,The 1996 thru 1999 Beastwars ultra sized toys have NO ELECTRONICS in them. that's right no super annoying sounds nor super annoying light up stuff.

In closing: I think all the 1996 thru 1999 beastwars Ultra sized toys can stand the test of time. these will always be awesome & hard to replace.

I can only speak for Optimus, Megatron and the combiners and I love them all. My Optimus is a little worse for wear and only missing a couple pieces but thats no fault of the toy. Megatron is kind of a pain in the ass but mostly awesome. Magnaboss is too cool for words and Tripredacus is almost as awesome. While the individual components aren't ultras I do believe they were sold as ultras.

Let's see. Primal and MEgs were excellent, although Primal would have benefited from the omission of the chest-beating feature. Rampage was garbage - overly complex for a bot who basically ended up wearing his beast mode on his back. All TM2s above basic level were garbage, with the worst being bendy-neck dragon Megatron. Depth Charge was crippled by the disc launcher.

The combiners - oh dear. Tripredicus was one of the worst figures in TF history. Magnaboss was decent, but unremarkable.

The Japanese ones - Lioconvoy was decent, misses the mark because the arms don't lock all that well. I prefer Classics Leo Prime, actually - still a good interpretation of the character, and a lot more stable. BWII Galvatron is excellent - great robot mode, good drill tank mode, serviceable beast mode. BIg Convoy was a horrible mess which I only bought because I collect unique mold Primes/Convoys. Magmatron was a thing of beauty.

Let's see. Primal and MEgs were excellent, although Primal would have benefited from the omission of the chest-beating feature. Rampage was garbage - overly complex for a bot who basically ended up wearing his beast mode on his back. All TM2s above basic level were garbage, with the worst being bendy-neck dragon Megatron. Depth Charge was crippled by the disc launcher.

The combiners - oh dear. Tripredicus was one of the worst figures in TF history. Magnaboss was decent, but unremarkable.

The Japanese ones - Lioconvoy was decent, misses the mark because the arms don't lock all that well. I prefer Classics Leo Prime, actually - still a good interpretation of the character, and a lot more stable. BWII Galvatron is excellent - great robot mode, good drill tank mode, serviceable beast mode. BIg Convoy was a horrible mess which I only bought because I collect unique mold Primes/Convoys. Magmatron was a thing of beauty.

I'll agree that TM2 Dragon megatron was the worst of the lot.

Bigconvoy had it's problems with the brick beast mode. shell former toy & tons of beast kibble in bot mode.

Depth charge needed that tail in robot mode on his back to stablize the toy so it wouldn't fall backwards in robot mode on display shelves. I also think the disk launcher thing ruined this toy.

all of beast wars was crap...thats my two cent..

Ouch. Too bad, dude.

My favorites are Tigerhawk, Rampage, and Depth Charge. Yeah, the latter's disc firing gimmick makes him take up a ton of shelf space and makes him back heavy...but it's fun to play with! TMII Megatron is regal in dragon mode...but don't ever convert him to robot mode. Those hip hinges keep on breaking on me, so I leave him in dragon mode now. :(

Ouch. Too bad, dude.

My favorites are Tigerhawk, Rampage, and Depth Charge. Yeah, the latter's disc firing gimmick makes him take up a ton of shelf space and makes him back heavy...but it's fun to play with! TMII Megatron is regal in dragon mode...but don't ever convert him to robot mode. Those hip hinges keep on breaking on me, so I leave him in dragon mode now. :(

I also think TM2 Megatron's strongest mode was the dragon mode.

the TM2 Megatron robot mode is pure awful. for starters it's got weak/loose ankle joints that are floppy & make the robot mode impossible to display on display shelves with collapsing & falling backwards. the robot mode is extremly mis-proportioned,it's has fat/short robot legs. the dragon arm is very floppy/loose & the shoulder joint can't suuport the weight of the dragon arm in any decent pose. the rubber parts in both modes are pure awful. that huge round spark bubble ob the toy ruins both modes as far as sculpt goes. their is way too much red on this toy & not enough other colors on this toy to break up all that red. I don't like the translucent clear baseball cap the robot head wears with those rubber horned ears. the gimmicks are lame-o & ruin the toy. that dragon rolling beast mode with the wheels added to the ruination of this mold as it has wheels all over the toy.

Yeah, the wheels and the flame exhaust was part of an abandoned transportation mode. Tigerhawk has something similar, with the wheels on his wings even though the spring loaded feather panels won't let them roll anyway. I'd be happier if Megatron's dragon neck was like the Transmetal toy's tail instead of the weak neck thrashing gimmick that exists there. But I like the missile firing gimmick in his mouth, and that the other two missiles can store in his wings. Doesn't even interfere with the wings opening/closing or just the mouth opening!

Ouch. Too bad, dude.

I prefer the BM take, with its three modes - robot, dragon, soda can. :tflaugh The lack of a bendy arm in itself makes the BM version superior.

Archived