BotCon 2012 a bust?

Blitz-Wing

To be quite honest,I set my expectations extremly low for Botcon 2012,as far as newer TF toy reveals & Media info was concerned.

Because I noticed last years botcon & the year before that didn't have hasbro show that many newer TF toys nor media info.

Since my expectations were set extremly low. I was only interested in a few things like as follows: Basically I got what I wanted. since my expectations were set beyond low. I got to see pics & news for three new mold voyagers which were FOC Soundwave,Thundertron & dreadwing---even though we already saw pics,these botcon pics were more clearer. I got my questions answers regarding a hasbro MP-10 Optimus usa store release & the FOC Bruticus in game stop colors. I was curious what the 2013 TFCC club freebie was & it's depth charge.

I got a few things I was expecting like the TFCC reveal of those Six TF repainted toys as Subscription figures.

Since I didn't pay to go & sat home for free on my computer viewing the botcon news. It was no big loss for me.

Did I want to see more TF newer toys pics & info? Yes,but I knew this wouldn't happen. because For the past two years Hasbro has been showing more newer TF pics/info & media news at SDCC & NYCC.

I think some of the blame for this should come off of hasbro & on to TFCC/fun pub's shoulders. Because TFCC switched out the G.I Joe & TF conventions dates this year. due to the G.I Joe 2 movie arriving in theathres in june 2012. Hasbro just got done showing off tons of newer TF product & news at the NYC Toyfair in february on the second week. two months later in April their wasn't much for hasbro to reveal new because they showed it all at nyc's toy fair. Had Botcon 2012 received it's July date,it's a given hasbro would of had more newer TF toys & media to show us.

I'll admit it was kinda weak that Takara didn't show up at Botcon 2012 & weren't in any TF live panels. Takara for the past few years of botcon's were at botcon & were a part of the TF live panels. Whats weird is Hasbro showed up at the recent singapore TF convention with takara but takara didn't show up for this years botcon.

It was kinda weak not to have a TF Prime live panel. where those involved discussed the project & gave some future information away to the fans. what made no sense botcon 2012 had a animated cartoon panel but no TF Prime cartoon panel.

Usually every botcon year I enjoy watching pics via my computer of the botcon customs TF toys & art work on display. sadly every year this gets smaller & smaller. I didn't see any pics of this for botcon 2012. so perhaps the IP custom art getting taken away scare TFCC cooked up last month,made fans not want to risk getting their custom art & custom TF toys getting taken away.

Who knows maybe TFCC/Fun Pub is responsible for hasbro's not showing that many newer TF toys & revealing newer TF media. maybe TFCC upset hasbro. Maybe TFCC/Fun pub didn't want to pay extra hotel fees,food exspenses & money to some of TF Prime voice actors/crew. Maybe TFCC didn't want to pay air plane/hotel,food,time exspenses to fly those takara employees to botcon 2012. maybe TFCC told hasbro their only getting one 50 minute live toy panel this year. maybe TFCC wants botcon to be 80% fan for fans created live panels & 15% official liscensed hasbro/takara live panels.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have never been to a Botcon, from what it sounds like, then I'm glad I did not make this my first, I would have been extremely disappointed. And also Depth Charge? WTF! I love Beast Wars, don't get me wrong, but I still don't see the need for this one, not to mention that he Dawn of Futures Past set was what, like 7 years ago? The other exclusives better not suck.

It was another lame Botcon where information and announcements were concerned. Nothing special, mostly irritation at the lack of info. Once again. Hasbro dodging the question about are they going to still release the Voyager Breakdown? Tells me I should buy the Takara one. So I will be shopping for him on Rakuten. The pics of the Dealer room were lame..

For me the best thing out of Botcon 2012, was buying the SG Junkions

Its time Hasbro gives someone else a chance with the convention and club license. FunPub just needs to go away.

I so agree with this. You would figure that with the Club Being the exclusive club of Transformers that they would get all the News and such. Yet Fanpub/club is a major let down.

Its time Hasbro gives someone else a chance with the convention and club license. FunPub just needs to go away.

I so agree with this. You would figure that with the Club Being the exclusive club of Transformers that they would get all the News and such. Yet Fanpub/club is a major let down.

This is a rare event in that I'll defend FunPub. Did FunPub pull some major f'ups, yes. Won't deny that. They should of had their license pulled for shoddy security.

However, on the subject of breaking news in regards to Transformers, they can only do that if Hasbro lets them. Even if FunPub loses the club license and someone else takes over, the club will still be in the same spot if Hasbro decides to release news and big reveals to other outlets (IGN, SD/NYCC) over their own official club.

This is a rare event in that I'll defend FunPub. Did FunPub pull some major f'ups, yes. Won't deny that. They should of had their license pulled for shoddy security.

However, on the subject of breaking news in regards to Transformers, they can only do that if Hasbro lets them. Even if FunPub loses the club license and someone else takes over, the club will still be in the same spot if Hasbro decides to release news and big reveals to other outlets (IGN, SD/NYCC) over their own official club.

Mediocre news at Botcon is the least of their issues, although if Botcon is going to be Hasbro's personal trade show you'd think they would reserve the best news for it.

There's the whole cc security issue, supposedly resolved. There's the constant shifting of date for Botcon. It's supposed to be a family friendly event, yet it's in April, when most families still have school to schedule around? There's the excessive focus on their (usually poorly conceived) exclusive repaints. Why do we hear about the exclusive toys for 6 months, yet about the guests long after preregistration is over? Why an all-inclusive box set, rather than individual figure options like 3H used to do it? Too much emphasis on soaking the fans for every cent they can, not enough on making the money spent worth it. I

And then there's the fact that Scourge, a repaint I've been eagerly awaiting, is going to be a TFCC exclusive used in that stupid "subscription" service. So we'll have to buy 6 figures to guarantee the one we want. Another way to take advantage of the fans. I might have broken down and ordered Scourge (with a prepaid cc, of course), but no way am I signing up for this.

As far as I'm concerned, FunPub is the worst thing to happen to TF fandom. So yeah, I want the license taken away, and frankly I'd rather have no club or convention than ones run by them.

Archived