BotCon 2012 - Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel Live Report!

BaCon

So MP-10 will be brought over and be complete with Trailer, Spike, and Roller? interesting Didn't expect that one.

And FOC Bruticus is the SDCC Exclusive? in the game colors nice

I have MP-10, but I'll get Hasbro's too.

Well, the video game colors for Bruticus do make some of the designs easier to take. I wonder how Hasbro will sell it though? I wish they would do what they did last year and have the toys available through Toys R Us' website.

I just read the Hasbro panel news from 4 different TF new sites.

Here's the stuff that interest my unique TF fan taste/preferences:

1- 2013 Generations,will see the return of the Voyager size class. This is awesome news,As I love the bigger TF toys more than the tiny ones.

Thus far the first new mold 2013 FOC Generations voyager toy announced is soundwave,who'll be followed by a repainted blaster.

this seems interesting as it'll get a alt mode similar to it's 1984 music/information device.

2- generations 2013,legends will feature soundwaves tiny friends/partners. they'll transform into data disk alt modes. 4 oe 5 planned already which is pure awesome.

3- TF Prime,has a new voyager that interest me. it's a dog,wolf that transforms into a robot it's called Thundertron. finally the return of beast/bots in the bigger TF toy sizes like Voyager.

4-The SDCC Exclusives that interest me is the SDCC FOC Bruticus in a gift set box on the video game colors. I'm a bit worried about this one. because the Hasbro site on ordering day chrashes a lot due to the star wars fans over loading the site when their the SDCC convention ordering day. it's gonna be a royal challenge to order this from the Hasbro site the day it arrives on the site. my guess is this thing will sell out in under a few hours. it won't be on the site for days like other SDCC exclusives.

5-Hasbro's MP-10 Optimus prime,it's great american buyers will be able to get this full toy for under $249. the BAD NEWS it's a TRU store exclusive. TRU gets TF exclusives in lower volume units. some stores don't get exclusives. most TRU stores get volume units based off the stores area,traffic,sales,etc.. the TRU site sells exclusives out super fast & hardly restocks. Their aren't that many nearby TRU stores like theirs nearby walmarts & targets.

1- 2013 Generations,will see the return of the Voyager size class. This is awesome news,As I love the bigger TF toys more than the tiny ones.

Thus far the first new mold 2013 FOC Generations voyager toy announced is soundwave,who'll be followed by a repainted blaster.

Soundblaster. Means we'll be getting a black deco, not a G1 Blaster redeco.

Looks like MP-10's retail price is going to be $99.99 and as usual an exclusive to Toys R Us. So he will be an easy pick up

The Generations Ultra Magnus being another Optimus Prime repaint. Ultra Magnus used to be one of those where you had to get him, but now that all they are doing is repainting Optimus all the time. He is an easy skip.

They better find a way to give him armor

It was a little disappointing. The voyager announcement for Generations was really exciting, then Soundwave was exciting. Then they showed a repaint. A little less exciting. And then that was it. New FOC stuff looks awesome. Couldn't care about Prime but the beast was neat at first glance. All the new Soundwave and disc-cassette)-formers are basically Hasbro's way of taunting me for being out of work.

Im hoping that Dinobots will be announced eventually :redface

Soundblaster. Means we'll be getting a black deco, not a G1 Blaster redeco.

My mistake,I forget the 1987 Takara Japanese Headmasters cartoon/toy line. later released a black repaint of soundwave called soundblaster with a bigger cassette door that could hold two cassettes at once.

I loved those headmasters dubs where they call blaster "billy"

My guess is,we might see a blaster repaint using this mold with a new head sculpt. my guess is this might be a takara asia exclusive. or united exclusive, maybe a hasbro mass release retail exclusive. make a store exclusive recolor by hasbro. lastly maybe a TFCC convention recolor or subscription toy recolor.

It was a little disappointing. The voyager announcement for Generations was really exciting, then Soundwave was exciting. Then they showed a repaint. A little less exciting. And then that was it. New FOC stuff looks awesome. Couldn't care about Prime but the beast was neat at first glance. All the new Soundwave and disc-cassette)-formers are basically Hasbro's way of taunting me for being out of work.

Im hoping that Dinobots will be announced eventually :redface

Breaker are you at botcon 2012?

If yes,I have two questions for you.

Question one:

I'm interested in that TF Prime voyager sized "Thundertron" toy. that turns into a dog/wolf animal/bot. did you see pics of this toy? was the pic on a projector screen? or was their a actual proto type/test shot of thundertron shown.

BTW,I love beast/bots & love to see these in the bigger size clases like voyager.

I'm hoping thundertron appears in the TF Prime cartoon series.

Question two:

What size is Generations 2013 FOC Kickback? scout or deluxe? If I had to guess,I'd say scout.

Looks like MP-10's retail price is going to be $99.99 and as usual an exclusive to Toys R Us. So he will be an easy pick up

Wow paying almost $100 for TRU MP Optimus is almost double the price I wanted to pay. I was hoping Hasbro would sell it for around $55 minus the trailer & roller accessories.

Personally it's just awful paying a extra $40 due to the useless trailer & roller stuff that doesn't do much with the optimus robot mode.

if hasbro wants me to pay $40 more for a trailer that comes with optimus. the trailer should form a armor suit for optimus in robot mode.

With that said,I might get Hasbro's MP-10 TRU optimus. because it's in better toy size scale than MP-01 convoy is. also the takara MP-10 convoy cost $249. while the Hasbro TRU Optimus MP will cost under $100.

Archived