Ehren Kruger Writing Transformers 4; LaBeouf is Out, Story Going Different Direction

Peter_Van

bay-screams-transformers-4.jpg
Paramount has once again hired Ehren Kruger to fly solo on his writing duties for the Transformers 4 script, Paramount Film Group President Adam Goodman has confirmed. Mr. Kruger co-wrote Transformers Revenge of the Fallen with Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek) and took over full duties for Transformers Dark of the Moon. Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Mr. Goodman has also confirmed that Shia LaBeouf will not return and "[t]he story is going in a different direction now." Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

I seriously doubt the movie would release through Nickelodeon. Hasbro would rather have it ran through The Hub first. As for Shia LeDouche leaving... :yay

I think Shia is a good actor, but he didn't display it during the trilogy at all. A most welcome change, quite possibly addition by subtraction.

"If I was starting again, I would have put Transformers through Nick"

WTF?! He really just said that?

Maybe this has something to do with micheal bay's involvement with the live action TMNT movie. nick is the company doing the TMNT movie with micheal bay as the director.

It's possible micheal bay is using his recent nick connections to have TF4 made by nick & hasbro.

Honestly after a horrible TF1,TF2 & TF3,I highly doubt nick can do anymore worse. best case scenario NICK softens up the robots,makes them less hideous,non-instectoids. makes the robots look like they did in the 1980's. nick has a pool of great actors & actresses. so maybe we'll see that icarly girl,jessie from that new show,the Big time rush guys & so forth in TF4. At the very least they'll have more talent than shia le barf & megan fox did.

i really don't understand all the hate for Shia. I thought he was fine as the main character. I could have done with out John Tuturro for sure. He was pointless after the first movie. and then Leo from the second movie was also pointless.

Did no one watch The Last Airbender?!!? snoooooozeville. I looked at Nick Studios list of movies and i'm not impressed at all. I have no idea why Nick Studios would even have to do with this and why TF4 wouldn't be released through the normal avenues.

If it's not Shia, it's going to be some other annoying kid that everyone will hate after 5 minutes.

nick has a pool of great actors & actresses. so maybe we'll see that icarly girl,jessie from that new show,the Big time rush guys & so forth in TF4. At the very least they'll have more talent than shia le barf & megan fox did.

Ummm no. Just no. Really? NO.

I was gonna say have you seen what has been produced under Nick's current direction in the past decade; but if you bring iCarly and the other live action tween crap into the mix that's lower than low rent Disney Channel fodder at best. That shouldn't be a bar to measure by. Certainly not something to see as a step in a better direction.

All of you were complaining before and now celebrating that Shia is gone? And the stories? Well if Transformers does end up going through Nick. Then I predict complaining way worse then what has come before. Also seeing as how Nick and the Hub are in direct competition with each other. I highly doubt that Hasbro will allow Transformers to go through Nick. As it would give their rival a stake in their biggest franchise.

Archived