BotCon 2012 - Custom Class Exclusive Figure is Shattered Glass Longarm with Parts To Convert To Shockwave As Bonus

Peter_Van

botcon-2012-custom-class-shattered-glass-longarm-reveal-the-shield-jazz__scaled_100.jpg
Fun Publications has announced that the BotCon 2012 Custom Class exclusive figure is Shattered Glass Longarm. The figure uses the Transformers Reveal the Shield Jazz mold. The organizers also teased that there will be a "super secret special bonus." Collecticon has provided a photo showing that it is an alternate Shockwave head, along with additional parts to change Longarm to Shockwave. In the Transformers Animated series, Autobot Longarm later revealed himself to be Shockwave. According to Collecticon, Fun Publications thought about Shattered Glass Silverbolt to use the Transformers Generations Thunderwing mold (used as Metalhawk in the Invasion set). Read the Full News Story Here

Wow, I think that's the first workshop figure to blip my radar of interest. Makes sense in a way since Jazz and Shockwave shared an Alternators mold.

Well that's fantastic, now I gotta hope that the shortpacking of FOC Shockwave isn't gonna really screw me over because this just gave me an idea for 2 awesome customs, Shockwave's clone Shockblast made from Jazz and FOC Shockwave, and Targetmaster Misfire made from the remaining swapped parts

Wow, I think that's the first workshop figure to blip my radar of interest. Makes sense in a way since Jazz and Shockwave shared an Alternators mold.

Yeah, it's a neat little 2-fold nod to both Animated and Alternators. I have to give them credit for this one.

Emerje

Yeah, it's a neat little 2-fold nod to both Animated and Alternators. I have to give them credit for this one.

Emerje

I would give them credit, minus the fact that this one should've been in the box set, that way people would actually WANT the box set.

They got away with it once but not twice.This is a sad day.......

to be honest this isn't that bad. at least it's a homage to alternators.

I did notice the shockwave head was a bit under-sized.

I finally figured out why the 2012 custom figure is either longarm or shockwave. because their going by the animated alternate robot modes shockwave had. I must admit this is clever & imaginative.

Archived