I spent $16 on Sidearm for Protector,Am I crazy?

Shadowpanther

I just spent $16 on Sidearm for Protector,Am I crazy?

Is $16 too much for this thing?

Has anyone else bought this.

I didn't buy it for the targetmaster. I bought this for the gold vacumized chrome painted wings/spoilers.

on the bright side,I got free shipping.

Somehow,it just feels wrong to spend $16 just for gold chrome vacumized wings/spoilers. it just feels like OCD behavior. it kinda feels wrong because this feels like throwing money out the window.

It's really a shame the Protector I bought didn't come with the gold vacumized gold painted wings/spoilers. the first release protector comes with orange/yellow dull factory colored wings/spoliers.

Oddly enough the transparent colored Protector comes with the gold vacumized chome painted wings/spoilers.

I bought it and I dont regret it one bit. I like the gold chrome bits even if they do make my Battle-In-Space Roddy a little over the top.

<quote>

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.

The Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Alice: How do you know I'm mad?

The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

</quote>

Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland :tflaugh

Just seemed appropriate. And I agree with puma. If you're happy with your purchase, that's all that matters. I actually would like to pick Sidearm up at some point,

Paying $16 for Sidearm? Not that crazy.

The clear Protector goes with the Sons of Cybertron Rodimus, who I believe has chromed spoiler parts. The original Protector was made primarily for Classics Rodimus, with Sidearm giving some bling to help it fit with Henkei! Rodimus. And while I mostly bought Sidearm for those chromed pieces, I fell in love with Sidearm as well. Heck, the chromed spoiler pieces don't really fit right on the trailer itself, so I just keep the original spoiler pieces on the trailer and only use the chromed pieces for Protector's robot mode.

No Sidearm originally went for $10, and since the rerelease of Sidearm didn't last long he went up in price. I paid $17 for him for my clear Protector and don't regret it at all.

I got a Sidearm and bouyght him for Universe Hot Rod. I don't regret a thing. :)

Update: I received the Sidearm+gold chrome wings upgrade kit in the mail today. the thing comes sealed in two bags. the outer clear plastic bag is sealed with a sticker. the inner upgrade kit black bag is sealed.

I'm happy I got this. I'm calling the gold chrome wings,this toys "Bling Bling"

I never find it crazy paying a little more for third party transformers and accessories. I know it costs more for them to develop and produce them. I just spent $40 on 2 scout class sized iGear "Seasprays." One for me and one for my daughter. I'm impressed over all.

Archived