Classics Grimlock and the possibility of a FOC Grimlock....

PuertoRiCON

I was rearranging/looking over my Classics/Generations/RTS etc...figures earlier tonight and there was Cl. Grimlock in dino mode. Well, it's been a while since I transformed him and I was just reminded at how much I thought this figured sucked. His legs are shitty, his arms are stubby, and he is smaller than most of the deluxe figures released throughout the C/G/RTS lines.

That being said, I know so far a new Prime, Shockwave and Jazz figure has been announced. Has anyone heard news of a FOC Grimlock figure? It would make all the sense in the world, being that Grimlock is such a popular character and a big deal is being made of his character being in the WFC sequel.

What does everyone else think about Classics Grimlock? Am I the only one here who wants to like this figure but could never get past how bad he represents the character?

I think he's a great representation of G1 Grimlock. The Pretenders one. :tfevil

That said, I kind of understand why Hasbro gave us that particular Grimlock for Classics, given that he was followed up with the Animated, and the Masterpiece, Grimlocks which followed the G1 transformation schemes much more closely.

The figure design wasn't all that bad. The problem I had was his size. If Grimlock is supposed to be as strong as, if not stronger than Megatron And Optimus Prime, he should have been the same size. The Dino Mode wasn't too impressive either as he was more Velociraptor than hulking T Rex. Another problem I had was his weapon. It should have been just an energon sword, and not a gun blade. I give this figure a 7 out of 10. It was a worthwhile try, but not that good.

If an FOC Grimlock is in the works I reckon we'll hear about it at Botcon. If we don't then write your congressman.

If an FOC Grimlock is in the works I reckon we'll hear about it at Botcon. If we don't then write your congressman.

Since we already received two deluxe Grimlock toys. one from energon & the other from classics 2.0. I'd love a FOC Grimlock new mold to be voyager sized.

My awesome FOC Dinobots scenario,would be 5 FOC dinobots toys that combine to form a gestalt. make gimlock voyager sized & the other 4 FOC dinbots toys deluxe sized.

Since we already received two deluxe Grimlock toys. one from energon & the other from classics 2.0. I'd love a FOC Grimlock new mold to be voyager sized.

My awesome FOC Dinobots scenario,would be 5 FOC dinobots toys that combine to form a gestalt. make gimlock voyager sized & the other 4 FOC dinbots toys deluxe sized.

Grimlock was a Classics release, not a 2.0

We also received an Animated voyager Grimlock and the Masterpiece version.

The Dinobot should never,EVER, combine. They were never a combiner team. I always thought that Dinoking or whatever the hell it was called take on the dinobots was ridiculous. I would personally hate to see the dinobots as a combiner team.

I don't know how widely known this is but High Moon intended for their video games to be based in the G1 continuity. Hasbro later came along with their upcoming tv show (Prime) and leeched it onto War For Cybertron and in the process did a horrible job of trying to mesh them.

This is why every character in these games look/sound/act more like their G1 counterparts then their Prime ones (ex: Starscream, Bumblebee, etc).

To that point, unless Hasbro specifically makes a push for it, I would put the likelyhood that the Dinobots will combine in game at less then 1%. The people at High Moon are Transformer fans and though they will never admit it, I'm pretty sure they won't do their game in anything short of a near G1 style. So unless Hasbro has some grand, terrible plan, I don't think it will happen.

Plus you know Hasbro is under constant scrutiny. You honestly think they could/would make a Dinobot combiner thats even half way good? Neh. And Energon was junk, perfect example of why not to do it.

The Dinobot should never,EVER, combine. They were never a combiner team. I always thought that Dinoking or whatever the hell it was called take on the dinobots was ridiculous. I would personally hate to see the dinobots as a combiner team.

To that point, unless Hasbro specifically makes a push for it, I would put the likelyhood that the Dinobots will combine in game at less then 1%. The people at High Moon are Transformer fans and though they will never admit it, I'm pretty sure they won't do their game in anything short of a near G1 style. So unless Hasbro has some grand, terrible plan, I don't think it will happen.

Plus you know Hasbro is under constant scrutiny. You honestly think they could/would make a Dinobot combiner thats even half way good? Neh. And Energon was junk, perfect example of why not to do it.

If Hasbro does ever make the G-1 dinobots combine into a gestalt. worse case scenario,you don't have to combine the figures into gestalt form. you can pretend their stand alone non-combiners. At the very least we'll be getting Five G-1 styled dinobots released in a singular new era TF toy line.

Did that really happen in the comic? :tflaugh

I sure do hate the idea of the original Dinobots being a combiner team, as well.

The only way I could accept Hasbro doing the Dinobots as a "combiner", is to make the figure components, with intentions of redeco/remolding into the Dinoforce group. This way, the Dinobots would work as stand alone figures, and then for the Dinoforce, come up with a new Dinoforce deco specific figure that allows the entire group to combine...but even then, Dinobots and Dinoforce are too dissimilar to actually work in this method.

Archived