Would you like another TF "build it figure"?

Shadowpanther

Would you like another TF "build it figure"?

I ask this question because last week. I noticed Marvel was still doing the "build it figure" parts inside other toy packages thing.

yes,I don't see the harm in it,as it's free & included inside another TF toy I buy.

Transmute was a bit of a dissapointment & rather a obsecure/un-popular/lack-luster choice.

I'd prefer the "build it figure" transform into a alt mode. even if it's a extremly simplistic transformation challenge.

I'd like the build it figure to be at least voyager sized,maybe bigger. instead of including the "build it figure" in 6 different TF toy packages,how about including the parts in 10 different TF toys packages.

I prefer another TF "Build it figure" that's a bit more popular & less obsecure. like as follows: G-1 Arcee,G-1 Ravage,Alpha Trion,G-1 Galvatron,G-1 Grimlock

it's "Build-A-Figure" BAF for short. Marvel Legends from ToyBiz started this back in 05 i think with Galactus, a Sentinel. and then into Apocalypse. These were awesome. Now, the BAF's are 8 inches tall rather than the foot tall originals. Seeing as the prices for these figures jumped $5, it's a shame the BAF's aren't bigger.

Asking for a Transformable BAF isn't the craziest thing you've asked for. However, it would be a lot more complicated than Transmutate. These BAF sets would need to come with screws and other small parts that would be easy to loose. That wouldn't be too much fun for a kid who is A) Hasbro's primary Demographic who only wants Bumblebee and 2) might not even give a hoot about the BAF.

And seriously, do we really want to buy all 18 Bumblebees HAsbro puts out every year to get 5 BAFs?

The BAFs in SCF were a neat idea too. But the problem is that you need to go hard and heavy on them when they come out. Once the product goes end of life, getting all the right parts become harder.

Yeah, I would love a Build A Figure for Transformers. You take 5 to 6 smaller transforming robots and build them into one larger robot. Oh wait, they've done that before [/sarcasm]

The thing I didn't like about Transmutate was that the parts were packaged in reissues -- and I already have all my original BW toys! Maybe if they reissued Grimlock, Torca, Soundwave or Randy - ya know, without the brittle gold plastic - then I might've purchased those reissues. The only reissue I bought was Waspinator because I did like the repaint - I skipped the rest. So it was tricky collecting the parts for Transmutate because I had to scour around other collectors to see who was collecting these reissues but didn't want to build Transmutate - and the majority of people DID want to build Transmutate! And in the end I had to buy a reissue Dinobot just for the last part I was missing, then sold off Dinobot at a really cheap price. <sigh>

So if they do a BAF again, hopefully they won't do it with reissues! If they included each part in say a Generations toy, that'd be excellent. :)

Nightbird's a neat idea. Others could be:

+ Emirate Xaaron

+ Impactor

+ Rack N Ruin

+ Maccadam

+ Ariel (G1)

+ G1 Sentinel Prime

+ Boltax

+ The Keeper (the cloaked dude in Primus' chamber)

+ Scrounge

+ Jhiaxus

+ Liege Maximo

+ Man of Iron

+ The Navigator

+ Flame (the evil Autobot scientist, not the Motorvator)

+ Octus

+ Legonis

+ Seizer

+ G1 Devcon

+ G1 Chromia

+ G1 Firestar

+ G1 Moonracer

+ Beta -- and no, I'm not suggesting G1 Arcee cos she should be done as a full proper transforming Generations action figure.

+ G1 Alpha Trion

+ Warrior (the generic Reflector robot who isn't part of Reflector)

Transmutate is one of my holy grails. I managed to score it for about $15 or $20 without having to buy the rest of the figures. Lacks some articulation but otherwise is an awesome figure, one I'm proud to have in my collection.

On the subject of future BAFs: I'm all for it. Even if the figure ultimately sucks one can hardly be upset for getting an extra one. Unless of course the figure you have to buy in the first place sucks. Either way, Hasbro should do 'em anyhow.

Archived