First ever Repaint - Energon Omega Supreme

darqen2468

Hey Guys,

I've never ever done anything like this before but I'm looking to complete my first repaint of an energon Omega Supreme into G1 / Classics colours. I'm not after anything too fancy or weathering or extra shiny metal bits etc. Nor am I after anything that looks too cartoony, I just want to give him a new coat, just something basic that might look in place with regular hasbro classics figures. I've read lots of articles however they suggest different things and differing paints can anyone give me some advice on this and give me answers to any of the below? P.S. I live in the UK for paints and stuff

1. What sort of paints can I used most articles say i could use acrylics with a black or clear acrylic primer? P.S. I am brushing this by hand not airprush

2. Do i need to dismantle the figure? Some articles say you can paint straight on, others i've read things about sanding it down etc. I realise the figure splits in two which is a big help.

3. Should it need much paint sripping? Not much on this figure appears to be painted - just coloured plastic which make it easier to paint.

Any other advice would be most appreciate. Thanks guys

Hello,

Thank you very much fr replying.

1. What brand Acrylics do you use? Also why floor polish? sorry i have no idea about this - how do i actually thin the paint? If unsure would water do instead?

2. Thats a relief i didnt fancy doing that. Will the paint not interfere with transformation?

3. Thats even better I didnt fancy that either - does the paint adhere ok or does it need any extra measures to keep it on?

Thank you again :)

Since you've already done research, I'll answer with what I personally do. Also, it sounds like you have the same goals as me. You're not trying to make something extravagant to sell, you're just doing a recolor...

1. I paint with a brush and use acrylics with no primer. I also thin it with Future floor polish.

2. I never dismantle my figures. I open them up as much as possible and use tape when necessary.

3. I never strip any old paint, either. I've just painted over it.

I hope this helps!

Cool, thanks for the advice :) One thing, i've tried looking for the floor polish howeve you cant get it in the UK. is there any other products you could recommend or would any Vinyl acrylic floor polish be ok?

Thanks you again

Archived