The USA $27 Ultra sized TF toys failed in sales in stores,because........

Shadowpanther

Onslaught and Silverbolt were pure 100% win. Loved everything about them except Silverbolt wasnt a combiner. Onslaught especially was great. I dont think I ever saw either of them in stores except maybe once or twice.

I own Onslaught, Silverbolt, and Powerglide and will happily say that all three of these figures are pure 100% win. Onslaught is my favorite of the three so don't be dissin Onslaught kay. And don't be dissin deluxe Galvatron either because I just love him to bits, it's like the old saying goes, "big things come in small packages".

• 2 weeks later...

Powerglide, Onslaught, and Silverbolt were okay molds. My main issue with them was that I wish there was more engineering in the toy rather than the sound and light gimmicks they came with. For me, the higher price point should have meant more complexity just like a Voyager is more complicated than a deluxe which is more complicated than a scout, etc.

The only reason I have them in my collection is that I paid $15 for each of them new.

And don't be dissin deluxe Galvatron either because I just love him to bits, it's like the old saying goes, "big things come in small packages".

I'm sorry, but I think the deluxe Galvatron is a terrible figure. Such a missed opportunity. After Hasbro knocks Classics/Universe/Whatever Cyclonus out of the park by making him damn near perfect (he even comes with his Targetmaster weapon!) they release their poor excuse for Galvatron. Why couldn't they have made a direct update to his G1 self and alt mode instead of some frankenstein looking robot with a generic tank mode? His original design is fantastic and his latest incarnation just completely misses the mark. And like other people have mentioned, he should have been a voyager size at least. I don't mean to come off as harsh, but I was a huge fan of the orignal Galvatron and was hoping for a great update to that character and this one didn't cut it for me.

Let's face it people. Transformers can "scan" new alt modes. Onslaught just "scanned" an armored vehicle. His robot mode is massive and looks like his G1 counterpart. He is a very well done. Silverbolt was great too. His downfall was maybe the fact that he was ultra easy to transform. Powerglide, let's just say I shelled out the extra money in the beginning just to get the red Japanese version. He is an awesome transformer as well and I still love the molded heart under his chest plate. I agree, the electronics weren't needed. It was an obvious ploy to get kids to want them. Now, I would have loved to see someone like Motor Master as an ultra class figure!!

Archived