"Masterpiece" Vehicle Voltron has been canceled!

Matt Stryker

Big Bad Toy Store canceled my pre-order on the "50% die-cast" Vehicle Voltron from Miracle Productions. They sent this quote from a killjoy lawyer letter that was sent to them, which I will edit for length and the meaty parts..."I represent Classic Media LLC and its affiliated companies ... Classic Media has the right to manage and license the VOLTRON intellectual property, and also has the right to conduct enforcement efforts ... you are offering a VOLTRON Vehicle for pre-order sale, which is unlicensed given that Miracle Productions no longer has the right to manufacture products relating to VOLTRON. As such, my client demands that you immediately cease taking pre-orders for this product and remove the listing from www.bigbadtoystore.com"

so...there's that.

--The Stryker

"oh no, Voltron hates their fans!!"

-wait for it. it's coming.

I think they already said that during that 3DCG Voltron show. :tflaugh (and the new one. It's OK, but it certainly isn't the same quality as the original, when it comes to character designs...)

Not exactly TF news but I guess it sucks? Vehicle Voltron isnt exactly cool to begin with tho. :/ And I love me some Voltron.

DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE

Couldn't they market it as a Dairugger XV toy? And I always thought vehicle Voltron had the cooler concept, but the large cast and infrequent airings (got short shrift compared to Lion Voltron) made it hard to get into.

Ok a few things I want to clear up as I have been keeping up with it for a while now...

1. It has NOT been canceled, its just that US retailers cannot sell it. It is a licensed product IN ASIA and yes can be technically imported, but due to Mattel's "policing" of the brand in the US it has made it difficult for US retailers to list it without walking into a legal grey area.

2. If your Preordered from Toyfreakz.com you WILL get the figure when it comes in and you can actually request a preorder if you email the site owner directly. Yes were still getting the Diecast Sword.

3. RobotKingdom, AmiAmi, and some other rather popular Asian based otaku retailers are in contact with the company making this figure and will list preorders soon. "I contacted RobotKingdom myself to verify this"

4. It is still expected to ship in May.

Dave "the guy that owns ToyFreakz" also claims that they are just about finished with making the molds and will be sending a sample to him soon. So I imagine he will post another update on Collection DX soon.

Another interesting thing to point out is that the same company making vehicle voltron will be doing a Lion Force Voltron.

BTW if you think Vehicle Voltron is lame... Then you didnt meet Voltron II, aka Albegas. Although the completest in me hopes they make it as well, mostly because I find its combination intriguing, plus it will complete the Trio. XD

Archived