Hasbro's wrong sized scaled updated homage new mold toys TF toys, This is another reason their losing the battle to 3rd party toy companies.

Shadowpanther

1- HFTD voyager sized seaspray. this toy should have been legends or basics size.

2- FOC Generations Shockwave deluxe size,this toy should have been voyager or ultra sized.

3- Generations thuinderwing deluxe,this should have been ultra sized.

4- classics 2.0 ultra sized powerglide. this toy should have been legends or basic sized.

5- classics 2.0 ultra sized onslaught. this toy should have been deluxe size.

6-energon deluxe rodimus prime. this toy should have been voyager sized & should have power-linked with other voyagers.

7-classics 2.0 deluxe galvatron. toy should have been ultra sized.

8- classics 2.0 cyclonus,toy should have been voyager or ultra sized.

9- generations deluxe scourge. toy should have been voyager size.

10- all those movie verse oversized supreme,ultimate & leader sized bumblebee toys. this toy characters only deserves the legends,basic or extremly generous deluxe size scale toy.

1 - Actually he should have been Deluxe

2 - More like Leader Class would have worked for me

3 - Nope Thunderwing should have been maybe an inch taller, but not any larger

4 - Poweglide should have been Deluxe

5 - Excuse Me? Onslaught is the perfect size. The only way he would have been better is if he was Leader Class. Now that is a toy I want to see

6 - All Energon Autobots, should be shredded and their remains forced down the Hasbro designers thoats

7 - Leader Class would be better

8 - Voyager

9 - Voyager

10 -eh

1-it would be a generous deluxe at best. but i'd still accept it. a deluxe is smaller than voyager thus at least trying to be in more accurate size scale to it's 1985 toy/media version.

The 1984 thru 1985 minibots were super tiny 1980's TF toys. the 1980's minibots were way smaller than the non-minibots character toys in the 1980's TF cartoon episodes.

Basically if hasbro is going to have TF G-1 Homage new molds like Jazz,ratchet,seekers,mirage,hotrod,kup,who were shown double/tripple+ the size of the minibots in the TF G-1 cartoon. then it makes sense the minibots new mold homage be a toy size smaller than jazz,ratchet,seekers,mirage,hotrod,etc...

Thus far in various 2000 thru 2012 TF toy lines hasbro has these character/toys like jazz,mirage,ironhide,hotrod,sideswipe at both the deluxe & voyager/alternator size scale. So by default the minicons news molds that are homaging the 1985 minibots should fall into the basic/deluxe new mold homage sizes. clearly making voyagers like seaspary & ultra's like powerglide are beyond over sized for minibots homage new molds.

2- I agree here,Shockwave has yet to receive a homage toy that is leader sized. shockwave was a decepticon faction leader in the marvel comics. shockwave was shown slightly bigger than most transformers in the G-1 1980's cartoon & comics. shockwave's 1985 toy was huge compared to the average TF toy released during 1984 thru 1986. clearly at some point shockwave deserves to get a leader sized toy. With hasbro this will be like pulling teeth. the only way I see a new homage G-1 styled shockwave toy getting a leader sized toy. is if takara creates a MP Shockwave toy that is leader sized.

3- compared to the Transformers toys released during the 1980's the mega-pretender thunderwing toy was huge & almost 7 inches tall in robot mode. 7 inches is quite big considering toys like jazz,ratchet,mirage,seekers were barely 4.5 inches tall in robot mode. 1984 optimus & 1984 megatron were around 6 inches tall in robot modes,so 1988 thunderwings robot mode was a bit taller.

in the marvel TF G-1 comics,Thunderwing was drawn as a huge robot that towered over almost everyone.

3a-While voyager size might be a decent size scale for a homage thunderwing toy. I think it needs to be ultra size,so it can have a legends or minicon or basic sized figure inside the ultra sized pretender shell. a voyager seems to small to cram a minicon or legends sized toy inside the pretender shell. a ultra would have more room.

4-it would be a generous deluxe at best. but i'd still accept it. a deluxe is smaller than voyager thus at least trying to be in more accurate size scale to it's 1985 toy/media version.

The 1984 thru 1985 minibots were super tiny 1980's TF toys. the 1980's minibots were way smaller than the non-minibots character toys in the 1980's TF cartoon episodes.

Basically if hasbro is going to have TF G-1 Homage new molds like Jazz,ratchet,seekers,mirage,hotrod,kup,who were shown double/tripple+ the size of the minibots in the TF G-1 cartoon. then it makes sense the minibots new mold homage be a toy size smaller than jazz,ratchet,seekers,mirage,hotrod,etc...

Thus far in various 2000 thru 2012 TF toy lines hasbro has these character/toys like jazz,mirage,ironhide,hotrod,sideswipe at both the deluxe & voyager/alternator size scale. So by default the minicons news molds that are homaging the 1985 minibots should fall into the basic/deluxe new mold homage sizes. clearly making voyagers like seaspary & ultra's like powerglide are beyond over sized for minibots homage new molds.

5- I realize he's a fan favorite for some fans. but ultra 8 inch robot size is too over sized. if one were to make believe the toy was part of a combiner team,then the other 4 combaticons would need to be a size less & voyager size scaled. IMHO,at best the biggest size scale for new mold combaticons should be onslaught voyager size & the other 4 combaticons deluxe size. I must admit I prefer for my scramble city homage new molds,one deluxe core bot & 4 basic sized limbs bots,this seems the most G-1 toy accurate. if one is going for 1980's TF Media acurate,then one voyager core bot & 4 deluxe limb bots.

6- I loved the energon 5-in-1 combiners. my favorite homage G-1 new mold combiners of all time. deluxe core bot & 4 limb bots are my preferred G-1 homage scale for updated homage new mold scrable city combiners.

6a-other than their being only two limb bots that got repainted twice. I didn't see any other negatives. sure the energon colors were horrible/awful,but the store exclusive classics & movie verse recolored gift sets had better colors. that 3rd party did give us new molds for energon/movie-verse bruticus like swindle & blastoff,so that fixed some duplicate problems at least on team bruticus's homage toy.

7- I also want a homage G-1 new mold galvatron in leader class. this is hasbro where talking about we'd be lucky to get a voyager or ultra size.

any leader sized G-1 galvatron homage toy,will most likely come from takara & their masterpiece TF toy line.

8- I think Cyclonus can alternate successfully between voyager & ultra size. after all cyclonus was the 2nd in command of the season 3 1980's cartoon decepticons.

I'd like to see a takara masterpiece cyclonus toy get created in the ultra 8 inch robot size scale. as I view G-1 cyclonus as the perfect candidate as he's a high ranking second in command of the season 3 decepticons in the Cartoon.

9-we agree scourge gets a voyager. personally he was nothing more than a army builder,their to fight & nothing else. he was no thinker & quite incompetent in his rank given to him by galvatron.

And yeah like everyone says nothing seems to please you, or you complain just to complain

I love tons of Transformers toys from 1984 thru 2012. stuff I like is as follows: AEC toy lines. Masterpiece TF toy lines is my #1 favorite of all TF toy lines ever created. i'm a huge fan of most of the titanium 6 inch toys. I love the alternators/BT toys.

I buy some classics/generations/RTS when their decent designed updated homages & in the right size scale.

Sorry,If I don't like everything. I prefer to be a non-completist,a pick & chose type perfectionist TF toy buyer.

I've created over 497 post on this site, more than half of the 497 post have me praising TF related stuff via replies/threads. If anyone doubts this,please click on my profile & read all my replies/threads I created.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should take a step back really and think about how fortunately we are to received these homage at all. For all I (we) know, Hasbro did not have to make / release any of the generation stuff. They could have just gone with whatever that new and hot. There has been a new generation of fans to the brand now thanks to the new Movies (whether they were good or not), so Hasbro could have just cater to them entirely.

I do see that your suggestion are well thought out, and in some cases I do agree that it would have been cool if figures was done that way. However, I don't think that should be the reason to, sorry for the lack of a better term, nerd rage over a company that spending some time and money to cater to fans of the original brand by continuously bringing us products that they don't have to (well, the reason may be that they are making good money on the classics line too from us).

Now, the whole First Edition Fiasco on the other hand. J/k =P

Wherein it seems to be the perfectionist in you that is spurring your discussion. While it's acceptable to feel that all things should be 'sized' accordingly, have you ever stopped to consider that scaling wasn't exactly correct between the G1 figures on the shelf and the anime?

We're not in a perfect world. Collectors are willing to trade size inaccuracies of their figures for resemblance or even the acknowledgement of their favorite character. It will never be 1984 again, so you will never have that 'perfect' homage of your figure, scale or design. To be blatantly honest, you should be fortunate that Hasbro entertains G1 homages at all.

After all, Hasbro is in the business to cater to children... not adults.

this right here says it all

Agreed. Hasbro could very well pull a Power Rangers and wait, bad example. There is always a red, pink, blue etc. Ranger. Anyway, Hasbro could very easily say screw all this nostalgia, let's just make new characters all the time. I for one have not made many third party purchases outside of the Aerialbot appendage set, the add-on armor for Classics Prime, and Warbot. And I like what Hasbro has done with all the homage figures. Seaspray is a really nice figure.

Agreed. Hasbro could very well pull a Power Rangers and wait, bad example. There is always a red, pink, blue etc. Ranger. Anyway, Hasbro could very easily say screw all this nostalgia, let's just make new characters all the time. I for one have not made many third party purchases outside of the Aerialbot appendage set, the add-on armor for Classics Prime, and Warbot. And I like what Hasbro has done with all the homage figures. Seaspray is a really nice figure.

Honestly? I almost wish Hasbro WOULD get on with their lives. Animated and Prime have done good jobs of giving nods to G1 while taking the franchise in a new direction. The formula, in my opinion, works. Ditch the Generations stuff and focus on all new. Keep the brand fresh.

Honestly? I almost wish Hasbro WOULD get on with their lives. Animated and Prime have done good jobs of giving nods to G1 while taking the franchise in a new direction. The formula, in my opinion, works. Ditch the Generations stuff and focus on all new. Keep the brand fresh.

well put Blitz..i actually find myself agreeing with this statement...kudos sir..

:agree

While A/E/C weren't perfect, at least they were their own thing. I didn't even like the cartoons and I barely have any of the toys, but I miss them anyway. I learned after the start of Armada that I don't have to care about every single Transformer cartoon or toyline just because I'm a fan. If I don't like it, then I can easily ignore it. I would rather have Hasbro focus on Transformers just for kids, without any sort of homages to G1; besides, I don't need the yet another Arcee that's a motorcycle. Stop worrying about copyrights of old characters and make up some new ones.

:pileon

I am in complete agreeance. While I generally was satisfied with the offerings from Generations, it was Animated, the (to a much lesser degree, IMO) Bayverse and now Prime that have really taken and re-imagined what a Transformer is. No more re-hashes of traditional G1 likenesses. That is what the Masterpiece line is for.

As far as Hasbro "losing the battle to 3rd party toy companies" based on scaling issues, I myself have NEVER bought a TF figure based on scale alone, or even on the basis of scale partially. If the only good Windcharger toy happens to be a supreme-class figure, then that's what I'll get. TF figures are rarely in scale, and when they are, it is a blip across their respective continuity. Which is to say that scale really doesn't matter, and that are plenty of measurables that can be observed to see where Hasbro is taking a hit(s).

5- I realize he's a fan favorite for some fans. but ultra 8 inch robot size is too over sized. if one were to make believe the toy was part of a combiner team,then the other 4 combaticons would need to be a size less & voyager size scaled. IMHO,at best the biggest size scale for new mold combaticons should be onslaught voyager size & the other 4 combaticons deluxe size. I must admit I prefer for my scramble city homage new molds,one deluxe core bot & 4 basic sized limbs bots,this seems the most G-1 toy accurate. if one is going for 1980's TF Media acurate,then one voyager core bot & 4 deluxe limb bots.

Actually Onslaught is 9 1/2 inches tall. And that is the perfect size for a proper Combiner the rest of the Combaticons can be Voyager size. Then you would not only have a huge robot, but he can be articulated properly

I love tons of Transformers toys from 1984 thru 2012. stuff I like is as follows: AEC toy lines. Masterpiece TF toy lines is my #1 favorite of all TF toy lines ever created. i'm a huge fan of most of the titanium 6 inch toys. I love the alternators/BT toys.

I buy some classics/generations/RTS when their decent designed updated homages & in the right size scale.

Sorry,If I don't like everything. I prefer to be a non-completist,a pick & chose type perfectionist TF toy buyer.

I've created over 497 post on this site, more than half of the 497 post have me praising TF related stuff via replies/threads. If anyone doubts this,please click on my profile & read all my replies/threads I created.

I'm a preference completest. I buy what I like, and never try to buy every single figure for a line. Machine Wars is probably the only line where I have every single figure in it. Classics is next where I am only missing Devastator and have no interest in buying him. Cybertron is the next closest where I have all but 47 and that is including the stupid minicons.

I'm disagreeing with you on Animated it was crap :P

I've accepted the fact that Hasbro just isn't going to be able to make all TFs in scale with each other. I have my movie toys displayed with similar scale toys next to each other and enjoy them. For example, with my movie toys, I put leader Ironhide with my HA toys, the voyager IH with most of my deluxes, and the deluxe IH with voyager Optimus and deluxe Ratchet...

Nice and yes Hasbro is not going to remake every single TF.

Archived