Leader sized TF toys,Is hasbro catering them towards adults fans?

Shadowpanther

Sorry, can't agree on the Leader Class Brawl being sub par. I think he is one of the best transformers around. The only problem I have are how his feet sit on the very back of him in alt mode. However, at least they are disguised as packs of some sort. Unlike Starscream who looks as though he has some chicken feet hidden behind him.. But yeah, Ironhide.....blah!!! I wanted to see a Leaderclass Megatron in his new form over a BB!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll agree all the movie verse megatron toys are garbage. the ROTF Megatron leader toy would have been decent if the tank turrent arm was super poseable,had a ball jointed head & a waist joint.

I hate bumblebee & his toys,so naturally I think his movie verse toy is garbage. the yellow color they chose is too neon,too bright & looks very toddler.

Personally,I think the movie verse optimus prime leader sized toys are the best of the movie verse leader toys. these are pure works of art & are worth buying.

Movie verse leader sized toys for jetfire,sentinel prime,ironhide & Starscream. were all well made & I highly reccomend them all.

I'll agree all the movie verse megatron toys are garbage. the ROTF Megatron leader toy would have been decent if the tank turrent arm was super poseable,had a ball jointed head & a waist joint.

I hate bumblebee & his toys,so naturally I think his movie verse toy is garbage. the yellow color they chose is too neon,too bright & looks very toddler.

Personally,I think the movie verse optimus prime leader sized toys are the best of the movie verse leader toys. these are pure works of art & are worth buying.

Movie verse leader sized toys for jetfire,sentinel prime,ironhide & Starscream. were all well made & I highly reccomend them all.

I have the Night Ops Leader class Optimus and have to agree, it is a work of art. I also have the regular version. Both are from the first movie. I didn't feel it necessary to get any more after that. I did get a DotM Leaderclass BB, and mainly it was an impulse buy. He stays in Camaro mode. I'm sick of all the BB toys out. I hope they come out with some decent LC figures soon, but in the mean time, I'll look into LC Jetfire.

Sorry, can't agree on the Leader Class Brawl being sub par. I think he is one of the best transformers around. The only problem I have are how his feet sit on the very back of him in alt mode. However, at least they are disguised as packs of some sort. Unlike Starscream who looks as though he has some chicken feet hidden behind him.. But yeah, Ironhide.....blah!!! I wanted to see a Leaderclass Megatron in his new form over a BB!!

I completely agree about Brawl. He's awesome. Looks just like his movie version and he has a tons of cool features. However, I'm not getting all of the hate for LC Ironhide. The only issue I have with him is that his guns should be bigger. But, I know the designers sacrificed size so they can be hidden better in alt mode. I also thought the fact that you can deploy them on top of the cab in truck mode was a nice bonus. I bought LC Bumblebee as well. As a figure he's not bad, but he shouldn't have been a leader class. More of a Voyager or Ultra sized.

Concerning LC Brawl: Let me first state that I'm farting in church because I'm definitely in the minority. The general consensus seems to be that people love them some LC Brawl.

With that out of the way:

The Good: I will concede that his arm-mounted weapons were a nice touch, and he does have nice details in spots (mostly in the arms) and he also has a nice-looking alternate mode, and he is fun to repaint (so the translucent bits do not bother me at all). Also: I love the bio for Deep Desert Brawl (the version that I have).

The bad: It stops right there for me with this toy, though, because the lights and sounds go off at the slightest provocation, the base mode legs are poorly engineered and bear little resemblance to the CGI below the knee joint; the hip-mounted turret is inaccurate (thank GOD that at least it is articulated); the chest resembles the CGI only very vaguely; in fact, the toy itself bears less resemblance to the CGI than the deluxe version of Brawl, which should not be possible...but is the case here.

The Ugly: the transformation is terrible; his feet/fuel tanks are completely inaccurate to the CGI and quite frankly, the toy shellforms so much that I find it hard to fathom that the designers would not have found someplace to tuck away more CGI-accurate feet; the proportions in general are off and in detail after detail, the LC toy is outshined by its deluxe counterpart.

Bottom line: if the people who designed the Starscream leader designed Brawl today, with toy technology being what it is right now, I'm certain that most-if not all-of these issues (well, issues for ME, at least) would be corrected and I would have a LC Brawl that I could be happy with. It is infinitely better than th inital Megatron leader and only slightly better than the initial Prime leader, but...being the best of a bad lot doesn't cut any ice with me.

I don't hate the toy (that's reserved for Classics Powerglide), but I definitely wouldn't get bent out of shape if my dog chewed it up.

I completely agree about Brawl. He's awesome. Looks just like his movie version and he has a tons of cool features. However, I'm not getting all of the hate for LC Ironhide. The only issue I have with him is that his guns should be bigger. But, I know the designers sacrificed size so they can be hidden better in alt mode. I also thought the fact that you can deploy them on top of the cab in truck mode was a nice bonus. I bought LC Bumblebee as well. As a figure he's not bad, but he shouldn't have been a leader class. More of a Voyager or Ultra sized.

I'm not against LC Ironhide, it's just I'm not a big fan of the Bay Verse in general. I only get certain movie verse toys for that reason. Brawl just did it for me for some reason. I think it's because he looks cool!!

Concerning LC Brawl: Let me first state that I'm farting in church because I'm definitely in the minority. The general consensus seems to be that people love them some LC Brawl.

The Good: I will concede that his arm-mounted weapons were a nice touch, and he does have nice details in spots (mostly in the arms) and he also has a nice-looking alternate mode, and he is fun to repaint (so the translucent bits do not bother me at all). Also: I love the bio for Deep Desert Brawl (the version that I have).

The bad: It stops right there for me with this toy, though, because the lights and sounds go off at the slightest provocation, the base mode legs are poorly engineered and bear little resemblance to the CGI below the knee joint; the hip-mounted turret is inaccurate (thank GOD that at least it is articulated); the chest resembles the CGI only very vaguely; in fact, the toy itself bears less resemblance to the CGI than the deluxe version of Brawl, which should not be possible...but is the case here.

The Ugly: the transformation is terrible; his feet/fuel tanks are completely inaccurate to the CGI and quite frankly, the toy shellforms so much that I find it hard to fathom that the designers would not have found someplace to tuck away more CGI-accurate feet; the proportions in general are off and in detail after detail, the LC toy is outshined by its deluxe counterpart.

Bottom line: if the people who designed the Starscream leader designed Brawl today, with toy technology being what it is right now, I'm certain that most-if not all-of these issues (well, issues for ME, at least) would be corrected and I would have a LC Brawl that I could be happy with. It is infinitely better than th inital Megatron leader and only slightly better than the initial Prime leader, but...being the best of a bad lot doesn't cut any ice with me.

I don't hate the toy (that's reserved for Classics Powerglide), but I definitely wouldn't get bent out of shape if my dog chewed it up.

I can understand where you are coming from. You're more of a purist. I'm the same way when it comes to real life cars. You have to remember something about the movie though. They have the robots panels shifting so many ways, that it's almost impossible to have the toys look movie CGI accurate. Therefore, when I looked at LC Brawl in robot mode, I thought he was one of the coolest looking robots out. Yeah, he's definitely not 100% perfect, but it was a very nice product to say the least.

I won't get into classics Powerglide because I also know why so many people hate him. I actually like him, but I would have rather seen him at the very least, a deluxe class. Have you seen BTS' version they're about to put out. That Powerglide actually looks great. He'll be scout size.

I can understand where you are coming from. You're more of a purist. I'm the same way when it comes to real life cars. You have to remember something about the movie though. They have the robots panels shifting so many ways, that it's almost impossible to have the toys look movie CGI accurate. Therefore, when I looked at LC Brawl in robot mode, I thought he was one of the coolest looking robots out. Yeah, he's definitely not 100% perfect, but it was a very nice product to say the least.

I won't get into classics Powerglide because I also know why so many people hate him. I actually like him, but I would have rather seen him at the very least, a deluxe class. Have you seen BTS' version they're about to put out. That Powerglide actually looks great. He'll be scout size.

:beer

Actually, I'd like to think that I'm an anti-purist. There's at least something to like about most every line (although I personally could not stand the AEC era, and was not a TF fan at all during that time). I just think that the toys from the first movie--let me say that another way: the toys from the 1st movie that represented characters that were in the movie--would be a lot better given toy technology where it stands today. There were some gems: I love the Brawl and Bonecrusher deluxes, and I think the Ironhide voyager--even though it is only a vague representation of what you saw in the movie--is still such a good mold that it precludes me from upgrading to the LC toy. The toys that featured characters that weren't in the movie (the Dropkick/Salvage mode; Wreckage; Swindle; Payload [somewhat, even with that post sticking out of his back]; Landmine and most of the Real Gear line, to name just a few) were generally better than the mainline releases across the board in so many different ways that it actually kind of deflates my "todays' toy technology is better" argument.

Regarding Powerglide: Are you talking about the Cyberverse Commander that came out with the DOTM stock?

:beer

Actually, I'd like to think that I'm an anti-purist. There's at least something to like about most every line (although I personally could not stand the AEC era, and was not a TF fan at all during that time). I just think that the toys from the first movie--let me say that another way: the toys from the 1st movie that represented characters that were in the movie--would be a lot better given toy technology where it stands today. There were some gems: I love the Brawl and Bonecrusher deluxes, and I think the Ironhide voyager--even though it is only a vague representation of what you saw in the movie--is still such a good mold that it precludes me from upgrading to the LC toy. The toys that featured characters that weren't in the movie (the Dropkick/Salvage mode; Wreckage; Swindle; Payload [somewhat, even with that post sticking out of his back]; Landmine and most of the Real Gear line, to name just a few) were generally better than the mainline releases across the board in so many different ways that it actually kind of deflates my "todays' toy technology is better" argument.

Regarding Powerglide: Are you talking about the Cyberverse Commander that came out with the DOTM stock?

Oh man is Dropkick one of the best molds or what? I absolutely love that one. Took me a while to get used to the bird legs, but other than that, very good mold. The first movie Ironhide was awesome as well. Now pardon my ignorance, but when you say AEC, do you mean Armada, Energon, and Cybertron? If you do, I couldn't agree more. All three were utter crap, although because of Armada we did get a Unicron. And I did find Armada Megatron to be quite the entertainment!! I actually liked his robot and alt mode.

As far as the cyberverse commander Powerglide, while it was a good figure IMO, it's not the one I'm talking about. IGear, the third party company that made the minions and some of the other micro bot remakes, is making a Powerglide. It looks pretty similar to the G1 toy, but a whole lot of poseability.

Archived