Leader sized TF toys,Is hasbro catering them towards adults fans?

Shadowpanther

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find Leader Sentinel to be easy to transform actually...

That's your problem if you find it too complex. :tflaugh Either way,Hasbro is still NOT catering them towards adult fans, as I said earlier, Hasbro has stated the leader class figures were simplified for kids. If they were catering them towards fans, they wouldn't of simplified them.

I thought DOTM megatron was the most characteristic design of all the movies, besides they couldn't do much worse than the past two megatrons. :tflaugh

noisemae & Taaron,It's a well documented fact all over the TF internet from the majority of the internet based TF fans & you-tube videos. that DOTM Leader class sentinel prime is not a overly simplified TF toy. most TF internet fans say sentinel prime has a super complex transformation challenge like ROTF Leader sized Optimus Prime,the alternators & some BW neo toys.

noisemae & Taaron,FWIW,A overly simplified transformation for a transformers toy would be classified as the average TF G-1 toy,the average legends/basic sized new mold TF toy.

noisemae & Taaron,A overly simplified TF toy takes under 2 minutes to transform. Clearly DOTM Leader sized sentinel Prime takes over one hour to transform back & forth the first time one transforms it. a overly simplified TF toy "one" doesn't need the instructions for. clearly "one" needs to use the instructions & maybe even watch a few you-tube videos learning how to transform DOTM Sentinel prime back & forth.

noisemae & Taaron,Honestly it doesn't matter nor count if the the average TF internet fan,can transform DOTM Leader sized sentinel prime in under 5 minutes back & forth. Because according to Hasbro/Takara the TF fans only make up 5% of the TF toy buying sales worldwide & were not the target audience,the kids under 7 years of age are. according to Hasbro what matters are the ones that make up 95% in TF toy buying sales like the kids under the age of 7 & their parents who buy the kids the toys. GUESS WHAT,If 95% of the kids under the age of 7,can't transform the DOTM leader sized sentinel prime,they need their parents help,it takes over one hour,they need to read the instruction,look at a few you-tube videos,then accroding to the kids under the age of 7 & their parents,this DOTM Leader sized sentinel prime toy is considered a super complex transformation challenge.

noisemae & Taaron,I'm not in competition with anyone regarding the time it takes me to transform a new mold TF toy. the sheer facts are the average kid under the age of 7 can not transform sentinel prime back & forth by himself,so this means the toy doesn't have a overly simplified transformation nor a medium transformation challenge. sure their might be one kid under the age of 7 out of 100,000 kids who might be able to transform sentinel prime back & forth all by himself & i'm sure if their is one it takes him over one hour to do it back & forth for the first time. however were going by the average under 7 year old kids & not 1 out of 100,000 kids.

Reluttr,you clearly admitted the first 2 leader sized megatron toys were awful. Sorry,I'm not a fan of giving hasbro repeative chances to create another movie verse megatron toy that isn't awful. Hasbro already got two chances,I ain't willing to give them a 3rd chance. I'd rather hasbro forget about movie verse leader megatrons since they have a bad track record & move on to something better that they have a decent track record of creating better stuff. clearly,it's not a matter of not trying hard enough,hasbro clearly lacks the skills/desire/talent/vision/whatever it takes to create a decent movie-verse megatron toy.

The electronics alone say, "No."

The electronics alone say, "No."

:agree

Some of the Takara/Hasbro masterpiece Transformers toys have electronics in them & the majority of the TF internet fans,hasbro & Takara classify masterpieces TF toys as being catered/designed for the adult TF fans.

So since both the regular TF Leader sized toys & MP TF toys have electronics in them. this basically cancels out the "no they have electronics in them," statements.

MP Megatron has a light in his scope, which is a separate piece from the robot. MP Optimus Prime, version 1, has a small LED light in his chest and MP Grimlock had a light in his right fist.

Leader class toys, meanwhile, have a combination of several lights and/or sounds. These involve the presence of good sized circuit board, lights, speaker, battery storage and wiring that connects them all. In general this compromises the toy in some way, limiting options for the toy designer.

Taaron,you clearly admitted the first 2 leader sized megatron toys were awful. Sorry,I'm not a fan of giving hasbro repeative chances to create another movie verse megatron toy that isn't awful. Hasbro already got two chances,I ain't willing to give them a 3rd chance. I'd rather hasbro forget about movie verse leader megatrons since they have a bad track record & move on to something better that they have a decent track record of creating better stuff. clearly,it's not a matter of not trying hard enough,hasbro clearly lacks the skills/desire/talent/vision/whatever it takes to create a decent movie-verse megatron toy.

Just to go on the record, I said nothing about Movieverse Megatron. :tflaugh

MP Megatron has a light in his scope, which is a separate piece from the robot. MP Optimus Prime, version 1, has a small LED light in his chest and MP Grimlock had a light in his right fist.

Leader class toys, meanwhile, have a combination of several lights and/or sounds. These involve the presence of good sized circuit board, lights, speaker, battery storage and wiring that connects them all. In general this compromises the toy in some way, limiting options for the toy designer.

It doesn't matter what size the electronics package is inside the TF toy. nor does it matter how tasteful,un-tasteful or what the electronics do. what matters is both the MP TF Toys & regular TF leader sized toys have electronics in them. so either their both catered towards kids or their both not or both can go either way.

FWIW,Having electronics & lights+sounds in a TF toy doesn't classify it as being aimed at kids. THIS STATEMENT MAKES NO SENSE,For the sheer fact most adult males love to buy loud,annoying & overly huge electronics to put in their house or car via a gigantic huge TV,HUGE home stero stystem,giagntic radio,speakers,woofers,equalizers inside their car they drive in. In addition most adult males buy those teddy bears/stuff animals/whatever & other similar devices with those annoying speeech & light up electronics for their girl griends or wives. most wives/girlfriends are adults & don't consider this stuff only catered towards kids. most adult males love to buy those hand held electronics with super annoying noises,sound effects & light up stuff via iphones,androids,hand held video games,tiny radio/whatever with ear phones to listen to music.

Taaron,you clearly admitted the first 2 leader sized megatron toys were awful. Sorry,I'm not a fan of giving hasbro repeative chances to create another movie verse megatron toy that isn't awful. Hasbro already got two chances,I ain't willing to give them a 3rd chance. I'd rather hasbro forget about movie verse leader megatrons since they have a bad track record & move on to something better that they have a decent track record of creating better stuff. clearly,it's not a matter of not trying hard enough,hasbro clearly lacks the skills/desire/talent/vision/whatever it takes to create a decent movie-verse megatron toy.

Just to go on the record, I said nothing about Movieverse Megatron. :tflaugh

Sorry,I got you confused with Reluttr. when I was doing multiple quotes in my reply & responding to everyone. I re-editted my reply with all the correct member reply info.

The only Leader Class Figures that are close to being for the adult collector would be

ROTF Buster Optimus Prime

ROTF Jetfire

Those are the only Leader Class Figures that I would say are close to being strictly for the Adult Collector, just because of the level of detail that was put into Optimus and Jetfire hardly looks like a playable toy

I agree. The leader class toys aren't neccessary aimed at adults but we buy them based on the coolness factor and I can't think of better toys that exhibit a cooLness factor like ROTF Prime but that dosen't mean that he's made for the adult collector. Cool as hell but not too geared towards us.

The only line of TF figures that is aimed at the adult collector is the Masterpiece line. The leader toys are--with the exception of ROTF Prime and Starscream--all incredibly simplified, and will usually have a smaller figure that is better.

For anyone to claim that the leader toys were being aimed at adult fans/collectors, the price point would have to be some 3 times higher than it currently is for a leader toy; paint apps would be judiciously applied; there would be no electronics box; they would not be able to be mass-produced--it might take a year or two between each subsequent release; the transformed figure would bear more than a passing resemblance to its CGI art (see: ROTF Jetfire, any of the Leader-sized Megatron figures; any of the leader/ultra-sized Bumblebees and Sentinel Prime, whose chest, shoulders and arms, waist, hips, entire upper leg section and hands do not resemble the CGI at all) and, finally, where the leader class toys aimed at adults...

...we'd have already had a leader class Blackout years ago.

They're not aimed at adult collectors. At all.

For anyone to claim that the leader toys were being aimed at adult fans/collectors,

It's worth a mention that Takara themselves created a movie verse masterpiece toy line that consisted of 2 to 5 leader sized movie verse figures. So if takara themselves called certain movie verse leader toys as masterpieces this is good enough for me & I consider this canon.

Archived