Leader sized TF toys,Is hasbro catering them towards adults fans?

Shadowpanther

I love the Leader sized TF toys,they seemed to be catered towards adult fans & teenagers,due to their Extremely detailed sculpts & complex transformations.

I view most TF leader sized toys as pure works of art. most of them seem to be in the same league as masterpiece TF toys,as far as extremely detailed sculpted toys goes,size,poseability,complex transformations. adult themed color schemes,accessories & gimmicks. Both the leader sized TF toys & the masterpieces hasbro/takara seems to cater towards the fans & teenagers.

About the only thing missing from most leader sized toys that masterpiece TF toys have is poseable fingers.

Honestly the leader sized TF toys created by Hasbro Takara seemed to start with Car robots Rid & are still be made for TF Prime toys. obviously in Car robots/Rid,Armada & Energon the leader sized TF toys were called by different names.

Here's a list of all the New mold Transformers Leader sized TF toys hasbro has made since the year 2000.

1- Car robots/rid Fire convoy/Optimus Prime,super/leader size

2-Car Robots/Rid God Magnus/Ultra Magnus,Super/Leader size

3-Armada huge Optimus Prime,Super/leader size

4- Energon Optimus Prime,Super/leader size

5- Energon Megatron/Galvatron,Super/leader size

6-Cybertron Opimus prime,leader size

7-cybertron Megatron/galvatron,leader size

8-Cybertron Metroplex,Leader sized

9-2007 movie Optimus prime,leader size

10-2007 movie megatron,leader size

11-2008 animated megatron,leader size

12-2008 animated ultra magnus,leader size

13-2008 animated bulkhead,leader size

14-2009 ROTF Optimus prime,leader size

15- 2009 ROTF megatron,leader size

16-2009 ROTF Jetifre,leader size

17-2010 HFTD Movie Starscream,leader size

18-2011 DOTM Ironhide,leader size.

19-2011 DOTM sentinel Prime,leader size

20-2011 DOTM Bumblebee,leader size

21- TF prime Optimus Prime,weaponizers/leader size

22- TF Prime,Bumblebee,weaponizers/leader size.

Out of the 22 TF leader sized TF toys created thus far from the years 2000 thru 2012,I like 19 out of 22,which is great ratio like/hate odds. The Three I didn't like are as follows:(1)Armada super/leader base Optimus Prime. (2)Energon super/leader optimus Prime. (3)DOTM Leader sized Bumblebee.

I gonna need to buy & play with,TF Prime,Bumblebee weaponizers/leader sized toy. before I decide if I like it or not. If I don't like it,then i'll give it away to a younger realative.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Hasbro is not catering towards adults. That's pretty much TakaraTomy's area.

Hasbro said they had simplified the leader class figures for DOTM to make them easier with kids to play with, so any forms of catering to adults seems more like a happy coincidence than anything else.

What about leader class Brawl from the 2007 movie? You left him off your list.

No. Hasbro is not catering towards adults. That's pretty much TakaraTomy's area.

Hasbro said they had simplified the leader class figures for DOTM to make them easier with kids to play with, so any forms of catering to adults seems more like a happy coincidence than anything else.

Sorry,I forgot all about 2007 Movie leader sized Brawl.

Taaron,DOTM Leader sized sentinel Prime has a extremly hard & complex transformation challenge. DOTM Leader sized Ironhide doesn't have a easy transformation,I transformed it a few times,ironhide has a medium transformation & not super hard like sentinel prime's leader sized toy. DOTM Bumblebee also doesn't have a simplified transfortmation & it's slightly more complicated than dotm leader sized ironhide's transformation.

well its a shame that when finally megatron in the movie has an earth based form that he doesnt get a leader size toy.

IMHO,Only the vechicle mode for DOTM Megatron was decent. once one transforms the thing into robot mode & see the robot mode,it's all downhill from their.

I & a bunch of other internet TF fans didn't want Hasbro/Takara to release a DOTM Leader sized Megatron toy. because we feared how awful & ugly/hideous/mosterous the robot mode would look. Megatron has had a bad track record of getting horrible/ugly/mosterous/insect looking leader sized toys in the movie & I highly doubt the 3rd time would have been the charm & broken the curse.

Personally speaking,the Dotm voyager sized Megatron toy was only decent because it was small,compact & hid all the ugly sculpt & designs aesthetics. maximize the DOTM Voyager megatron toy & CGI Dotm Megatron movie designs to a leader sized toy & all those faults that were hidden in the voyager toy are more visible & are seen more in the leader sized version.

I didn't want to see the DOTM Megatron leader sized toy get made by Hasbro/Takara. because I feared the robot mode would look awful. I feared the robot head would have been cracked in half,had half the head missing. had tiny insect toys filled inside the robot head. had missing articulation that the voyager version had like the ROTF Voyager & leader sized megatron toys. with the movie verse toys it's always a coin toss if they create mangled/mis-proportioned robot body parts/limbs or not.

I would have liked to see movie verse blackout get the leader sized toy treatment,as the character persona,CGI & Voyager toy designs were beyond decent & would have translated beyond beauitiful into a leader sized toy. I even wanted to see a few TF characters that didn't appear in the TF Live action movies receive leader sized toys like a Tripple changer Blitzwing toy or that canceled promo CGI RoTF Tidalwave designs tranlated into a leader sized toy form. I didn't want the horror of DOTM Megatron's CGI designs getting a leader sized toy.

I thought DOTM megatron was the most characteristic design of all the movies, besides they couldn't do much worse than the past two megatrons. :tflaugh

My ideal last leader wave for DOTM was...

Mechtech Optimus "the takara one with the sheild"

Shockwave

Megatron

-Reluttr This is annoying I know but it seems to be the trending way to end posts since that whole thing over hasbro banning third party stuff at botcon although they totally have the right to but I dont think its in the best interest of the fans because it will only make shopping at the con dull and boring because everyone will carry the same first party crap especially since most transformer retailers carry only third party stuff other than the hasbro crap and takara imports but I suppose there is bbts at least untill hasbro bans competing brand merch to.

What about leader class Brawl from the 2007 movie? You left him off your list.

Sorry,I forgot all about 2007 Movie leader sized Brawl.

Taaron,DOTM Leader sized sentinel Prime has a extremly hard & complex transformation challenge. DOTM Leader sized Ironhide doesn't have a easy transformation,I transformed it a few times,ironhide has a medium transformation & not super hard like sentinel prime's leader sized toy. DOTM Bumblebee also doesn't have a simplified transfortmation & it's slightly more complicated than dotm leader sized ironhide's transformation.

That's your problem if you find it too complex. :tflaugh Either way, Hasbro is still NOT catering them towards adult fans, as I said earlier, Hasbro has stated the leader class figures were simplified for kids. If they were catering them towards fans, they wouldn't of simplified them.

Archived