Was the 1986 TF animated movie,awesome,because it took place in the MIDDLE of the G-1 Media continuity?

Shadowpanther

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was suggesting that it was easier for hasbro to create a better story & dialogue. because they didn't have to waste valuable minutes time with origins,getting use to the earth & developing persona characters,thanks to the 1984-1985 seasons 1 & 2,that already did that. newer character persona's & places thrown into the TF movie,got further enchanced by season 3 that explained all this & gave the new guys more fleshed out persona's.

yeah, it was a vector to sell new toys. end of story. the storyline of post-movie G1 are about as watchable as pre-movie G1, no real change in complexity or episode to episode continuity. It was just to reboot the franchise and sell new toys. Research it a little and you'll see.

Kinda sucked back then, b/c i still wanted the older molds. Never got a Megatron, Soundwave or Starscream b/c they did this.

THE MOVIE WAS/IS AWESOME. High quality animation, voice talent, and drama. Oh yeah, and SOUNDTRACK!

The 1986 TF movie was great. It had it's flaws, but at least it didn't come with a leg humping mini robot, over used toiler humour and sex appeal, it didn't spend a fair bit of it's time on teen issues and a dim witted male teen on a quest for a brain and a quickie. It was actually about Transformers, not just as brief cameo appearance's in between the bad toilet humour, sex appeal and dim witted male teen scenes, but actual full on longer than a few seconds appearances.

The music was great, the lines were memorable - 'Who disrupts my coranation?" "Coranation, Starscream? This is bad comedy" "Megatron? Is that you?" Here's a hint!" - along with many other memorable lines. Unicron was a great villian as was Galvatron. Megatron and Optimus Prime's battle was great. And any human scenes were thankfully short and didn't take over the movie like the other jokingly called Transformers movies.

Transformers suits animated movies a lot more than live action.

Talking about movies and dads reminds me of the "Courageous" that came out on DVD not too long ago. Great movie for all current and would be dads out there...

I'll have to give that a look. Normally, I don't go too much for Christian-themed movies but I saw Fireproof (with Kirk Cameron) about a month ago with my girlfriend, and...I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good. So I'll check out Courageous with her too. I've really challenged myself over the last 5-6 years to really re-evaluate the movies I like and don't like and why I don't like or why I do like them, which have led to some pleasant movie-going experiences over that span of time. For instance: 6 years ago, I would not have been able to go see Wall-E or Despicable Me or Atonement and enjoy them. But now...

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Lowry once said you have to love your family, but nobody ever said you had to like them.

Makes you wonder since God loves everyone does that mean he likes everyone? :P

Christian Comedy has merit y'all.

Well... There went this discussion

Nah, we can turn this around. I've always wondered something: How does Astrotrain convert from train to space shuttle without violently tossing his passengers?

My theory? Gyrosopic inner chamber.

Archived