Dealers Will Not Be Able to Sell Third Party Figures at BotCon 2012

Shadowpanther

Ah, but MikePrime, BotCon is now an OFFICIAL fan convention run by FunPub, licensed by Hasbro.

You will not see the unofficial cons (like SavCon or TFCon) do anything like this.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. The first time I went to BotCon back in 2001, I was shocked to see 1000s of Knock Offs. Whole booths selling nothing else.

No doubt Hasbro should cover their IPs. However, they need to shut down the sources. Bullying of your own customers is really disrespectful.

:tfpwn

Yeah. I do have to wonder it is about Transformers that's inspired so many 3rd party products? You don't see that with G.I. Joe. There are a few people who make repro-weapons, original weapons and accessories for 1:18 scale figures, and even original sculpts of heads for custom work. There are also limited kits of whole new G.I. Joe figures, but nothing as prolific as 3rd party Transformers. G.I. Joe is no stranger to being screwed up by Hasbro, but the company somehow delivers products that fans enjoy. Hasbro seems to be all over the place, wanting us to buy the stuff they make for kids, but also saying that collectors don't matter. The company continues to disappoint more than it impresses. Their lack of attention is what created a market for 3rd party toys in the first place, starting with Classics Ultra Magnus.

I have a feeling BC12 is gonna be REALLY ugly this year. First the security breach, now likely a dealer fallout. Smells like milquetoast to me.

If Hasblow keeps up with all this BS thats been going on the last few months, they might as well not even have a BotCon anymore. It's getting to the point of absurd of how they are running their TF line.

Could Botcon end up dieing out caused by Hasbro and Funpubs own strangulation? It is possible, and I bet dealers will still be selling 3rd party products. What are they going to do force the seller to leave? That would be funny

Leave it to Hasbro to kill what the fans brought back from the grave the first time

Yeah. I do have to wonder it is about Transformers that's inspired so many 3rd party products? You don't see that with G.I. Joe. There are a few people who make repro-weapons, original weapons and accessories for 1:18 scale figures, and even original sculpts of heads for custom work. There are also limited kits of whole new G.I. Joe figures, but nothing as prolific as 3rd party Transformers. G.I. Joe is no stranger to being screwed up by Hasbro, but the company somehow delivers products that fans enjoy. Hasbro seems to be all over the place, wanting us to buy the stuff they make for kids, but also saying that collectors don't matter. The company continues to disappoint more than it impresses. Their lack of attention is what created a market for 3rd party toys in the first place, starting with Classics Ultra Magnus.

I agree with this 100%.

Clearly Hasbro & Takara both have the TF toy technology to create a full blown classics/Generations toy line with all size levels including legends,basics,deluxes,voyagers,ultra's,leaders & supremes,that is supported by a TF media cartoon.

Instead of getting highly stylized grown up/adult themed TF toys like spawn. we get highly stylized Tonka Play-school go-bots toys in the form of animated,beastmachines,TF Prime & some movie verse TF toy molds.

TF fans aren't getting any younger & we've waited 25+years for decent TF homages Hasbro refuses to deliver. so since we can't wait another two decades the only choice for us is these 3rd party TF toy companies.

ONCE AGAIN,If the fans only make up 5% of TF buying sales? why does hasbro consider these 3rd party tf toy companies a threat if their barely taking away 1% of sales from their 99% sales. clearly not all of the 5% is buying these 3rd party TF toys,barely 1% of the fans buys these. Is the hasbro company doing so bad their getting desperate & grasping at straws.

What's next banning botcon sellers from selling liscensed bandia products at botcon like power rangers,digimon,dinozone/dinozaurs,etccc.

I agree with this 100%.

Clearly Hasbro & Takara both have the TF toy technology to create a full blown classics/Generations toy line with all size levels including legends,basics,deluxes,voyagers,ultra's,leaders & supremes,that is supported by a TF media cartoon.

Instead of getting highly stylized grown up/adult themed TF toys like spawn. we get highly stylized Tonka Play-school go-bots toys in the form of animated,beastmachines,TF Prime & some movie verse TF toy molds.

TF fans aren't getting any younger & we've waited 25+years for decent TF homages Hasbro refuses to deliver. so since we can't wait another two decades the only choice for us is these 3rd party TF toy companies.

ONCE AGAIN,If the fans only make up 5% of TF buying sales? why does hasbro consider these 3rd party tf toy companies a threat if their barely taking away 1% of sales from their 99% sales. clearly not all of the 5% is buying these 3rd party TF toys,barely 1% of the fans buys these. Is the hasbro company doing so bad their getting desperate & grasping at straws.

What's next banning botcon sellers from selling liscensed bandia products at botcon like power rangers,digimon,dinozone/dinozaurs,etccc.

Because Hasbro is pissed that these third party manufacturers won't pony up the $100,000 licensing fee. Nuff said.

Transformers is always going to be about the kids to Hasbro. Hasbro as a company is not geared as an adult product item. Therefore, assuming that they will cater more to adults is pretty pointless. It is what it is :shrug

funny how it becomes property of the Promoter. I can see fun pub then selling any stuff they confiscate later on ebay

But hey this will help Funpub sell their crap better. Nothing else to buy?!?

Archived