Hasbro Does Not Condone Third Party Work, Will Never Work With Them

Peter_Van

I fully agree with Mr. Carpenter on this one, however, given the past lulls on the property it is obvious that Hasbro and the like would profit more drastically on a ( forgive me ) pop culture property by gushing out drones of the most popular characters in whatever form they devise on a scale massive enough to bypass the dreaded profit loss. When the shelves become overstocked then a repaint is in order of course, and I 've seen it work a hundred times since Beast Wars took off, and lets be honest, it took a little while but thats where the modern t-formers owe their existance. All in all the mother companies are just trying to send their kids to college before the property bites that bullet for another 15 to 20 years...and lawsuits, well, daddy may need a new pair of shoes as well.........they are not in it for us "fans", and it's a shame, but it's the truth. To these people Transformers is not only their lives, but also their families well-being...jus sayin. And maybe the third parties could be a lil bit subtler with their prices.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't there a time limit on IP, kind of like a Patent?

I think it's similar to copyright laws, they have to keep renewing it and protecting it.

The difference in hasbro liscensing molds and these guys is just that. They did it legally, they didnt steal ip.

So, what mold, exactly... did "they" steal to create Hercules, Reflector, Warbot, Soundwave, Sixshot, etc?

I'm still waiting for that answer.

They didn't steal any mold. Third party companies like TFC Toys created there own mold for these figures. I mean, are they suppose to represent a familiar Hasbro character/toy? Yes, but they are "technically" not violating the copyright issuse because 1) It not any mold that was created by Hasbro at all, and 2) The names of the figures are also do not belong to Hasbro, like Hercules ( Unless Dinsey desides to sue TFC. :tflaugh )

Hasbro really has to come out with updated versions of Powermaster Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Rodimus Prime (and Metroplex and Fort Max. while they're at it). They do sometimes give the impression that they're not interested.

However, the forthcoming Combaticons are a step in the right direction. I'm really curious about those 40 Generations figures planned for next year. Hopefully some of those are larger than deluxe size.

Archived