New Masterpiece is MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe)!

HnH

Newest edition to our Masterpiece line and available in fall 2012

MP-12 Masterpiece Lambor aka Sideswipe

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=298764630189484&set=a.193516854047596.45210.190726147660000&type=1&theater

MP-12.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this has got to be a joke........

please tell me some guy did a fake photo shop in preparation for a early april fools day joke...

Is Takara willing to create & pay the lamborgini company for a liscensed lamborgini alt mode for MP-12 Lambor/sideswipe? Will hasbro want to import this knowing that they'll also be obligated to pay the lamborgini car company liscense use fees. or will takara/hasbro create another awful not-lamborgini alt mode like they did with classics sideswipe.

It's hard to stomach & believe takara would create a 8 inch to 9.5 inch over sized masterpiece TF toy based off a 1984 diaclone transformer car/bot that was a basic sized 1984 toy. then when it got a classics update toy is got a deluxe toy.

it was extremly hard for most to stomach the alternators/BT toys having voyager sized car/bots.

I can't imagine most having thev stomach to digest a now extremly over sized 8 inch to 9.5 inch Masterpiece sideswipe toy.

Didn't takara say in variious on-line,magazine & convention interviews that the masterpiece TF toy line was reserved for TF characters that were high ranking faction leaders or second in commands.

Sorry,I don't like MP-12 Sideswipe/lambor because their are literally dozens of other faction leaders & second in commands that deserve the MP toy treatment. like 1986 Galvatron. masterforce overlord. victory 1989 victorysabre. deathsauras.

Most assumed if takara didn't want to do certain faction leaders,they'd at the very least attempt to do the big bully type transformers that were shown huge in the media/toy lines like as follows: sixshot,overlord,metroplex,omega supreme,fort max,blitzwing,astrotrain,maybe a few combiners.

Honestly i'm not a happy camper about the MP-12 Lambor/sideswipe news reveal. this is what the classics,$29.99 HA & Alternators toy lines are for. just because some of these lines got phased out/cancelled. doesn't mean everything goes crazy/haywire & we start putting TF characters in wrong size classes & toy lines like MP where they have no business being.

My only guess why takara did a MP-12 Lambor/sideswipe. is because it's got excellent repaint/remold potential. they can literally repaint this guy a dozen times over & even call it different TF toy persona's like as follows: (1) lambor/sideswipe, (2)sunstreaker with a new head sculpt,maybe new ground effects,maybe the boosters on the trunk. (3)repaint the toy in black G-2 sidesipe colors. (4)repaint the toy in g-1 beakdown colors with a new headsculpt. (5)repaint the toy in G-2 breakdown colors. (6) redalert with remolded police sirens on the car roof.

(7) the ultimate recolor/remold. 1987 punch/counterpunch,new heads & weapons & whatever else.

I suspose it could have been worse we could have received a MP-12 wheelie.

Hasbro must have pushed for sideswipe to get a MP toy & takara might have been obeying orders.

On the bright side,we don't have to worry about bumblebee getting any MP toys. because bumblebee already gets all those over sized ultimate,supreme & leader sized toys that are technically on the same league & field of the superior quality of the average MP TF toy.

LAST NOTES about MP-12 Lambor/sideswide: hopefully This thing comes with a car interior like seats,sterring wheel,dash board,stick shifter,mirrors,rubber tires & everything. hopefully the interior looks more realistic & comes with more stuff than the Alternators/BT & $29.99 Ha movie verse TF toys had.

My only guess why takara did a MP-12 Lambor/sideswipe. is because it's got excellent repaint/remold potential. they can literally repaint this guy a dozen times over & even call it different TF toy persona's like as follows: (1) lambor/sideswipe, (2)sunstreaker with a new head sculpt,maybe new ground effects,maybe the boosters on the trunk. (3)repaint the toy in black G-2 sidesipe colors. (4)repaint the toy in g-1 beakdown colors with a new headsculpt. (5)repaint the toy in G-2 breakdown colors. (6) redalert with remolded police sirens on the car roof.

(7) the ultimate recolor/remold. 1987 punch/counterpunch,new heads & weapons & whatever else.

I agree on this, it can be a very economical mold. You can also throw in Clampdown, Deep Cover and Shattered Glass Sideswipe as possible options, so it is a win for HasTakTomy if they go for this...

There are 2 good things about this

1) Takara listened, and we didn't get another Optimus Prime

2) He should be cheaper then the $250 price point and its more likely Hasbro would bring him over

This makes me happy! I was loosing hope with the MP line, but this restores it at least a little. We can all bitch about which bot we think should have come before Sideswipe, but the fact that HasTak went this direction. With as many repaints we have seen already in the MP line, we had to know the next new mold would have to be something with repaint potential.

Sideswipe is the first G1 toy I remember getting as a kid. I am pretty excited about this. As mentioned above, Sunstreaker and RedAlert (with a little retooling) can come from this mold. I am taking this with the grain of salt that it could lead to some really good stuff down the road.

Archived