A few questions,to those who own both the Takara & Hasbro TF Prime Rid toys? can the ports connect with both mech-tech & microns?

Shadowpanther

Special note: i'm referring to Transformers Prime Rid as TFPR in my description below:

A few questions,to those who own both the Takara & Hasbro TFPR toys? can the ports connect with both mech-tech & microns?

Basically,All I want to have answered is: "can the TFPR hasbro mech-tech weapons & takara TFPR microns connect to the same ports on the bigger toys?"

The reason I'm interested in this question getting answered. is because I was wonderinng if the connector ports matched up, hasbro might be able release the takara microns from TFPR without remolding the toys with different accepting connector ports. My ideas for way hasbro can release the Takara TFPR Microns as eithter one large gift set via a store exclusive or mass release. or selling each TFPR Takara new mold micron as individual sold lengends size priced toy. I guess the another option for hasbro,would be to recolor the TFPR toys,take away the mech tech weapon & replace it with a micron figure.

I don't have any of the Takara Prime figures, but the Mini-Cons and weapon accessories for all the Prime figures use the standard 5mm peg and port system. So yes, you can give Cliffjumper's battle hammer to his FE counterpart. You CAN give it to Megatron. As for the Mini-Cons, you'll have no trouble giving them to someone else if you want. I don't think Takara would bother changing the hole sizes just for the Mini-Cons, since Takara rarely makes the molds different than its Hasbro counterpart outside of the colors and paint apps.

But I seriously doubt Hasbro will release any of them over here. If they were, it would have been included with the figures right from the start.

I don't have any of the Takara Prime figures, but the Mini-Cons and weapon accessories for all the Prime figures use the standard 5mm peg and port system. So yes, you can give Cliffjumper's battle hammer to his FE counterpart. You CAN give it to Megatron. As for the Mini-Cons, you'll have no trouble giving them to someone else if you want. I don't think Takara would bother changing the hole sizes just for the Mini-Cons, since Takara rarely makes the molds different than its Hasbro counterpart outside of the colors and paint apps.

But I seriously doubt Hasbro will release any of them over here. If they were, it would have been included with the figures right from the start.

Hasbro DOTM Deluxe Bumblebee's Mech Tech weapon being held by TakaraTOMY First Edition Cliffjumper

prime_cliffjumper_wrists.jpg

how about the Takara TF Prime rid new mold microns can they peg into the hasbro TF Prime rid mech tech ports?

Are you talking about the Arms Microns?? Are the new ones even out yet? The only Arms Micron I have is Aimless which is just a repaint of Throttler. He does plug into the 5mm ports though, so presuming that the new-mould Arms Microns can do the same, then I don't see why they shouldn't be cross-compatible. Although... the new Arms Microns are only going to be sold with the TakaraTOMY versions of the TF Prime RiD figures and not individually -- so if you really want them I recommend holding off on getting Hasbro TFPRiD figures and get the TakTOM ones.

Be warned: TFPRiD toys are CRAP. They look and feel like KOs compared to First Edition. :(

Are you talking about the Arms Microns?? Are the new ones even out yet? The only Arms Micron I have is Aimless which is just a repaint of Throttler. He does plug into the 5mm ports though, so presuming that the new-mould Arms Microns can do the same, then I don't see why they shouldn't be cross-compatible. Although... the new Arms Microns are only going to be sold with the TakaraTOMY versions of the TF Prime RiD figures and not individually -- so if you really want them I recommend holding off on getting Hasbro TFPRiD figures and get the TakTOM ones.

Be warned: TFPRiD toys are CRAP. They look and feel like KOs compared to First Edition. :(

That's subjective, but mostly agreed upon to varying degrees with anything that has a FE counterpart. However I wouldn't pay more than retail for the mainline stuff just for a measly little Mini-Con.

Minus FE Voyager Prime,I never cared for the other FE Prime toys designs & sculpts. I prefer the sculpts+designs on the Rid versions compared to the FE sculpts/designs.

Archived