The "TF toy hunting adventure thread",because sometimes we just don't always buy what we see in stores.

Shadowpanther

The "TF toy hunting adventure thread",because sometimes we just don't always buy what we see in stores.

post all your adventures here.

My TF toy hunting adventures were as follows:

I haven't been going to the stores for months due to the extremly high gasoline price. but since I had to buy the newest TF Prime season one DVD set. I decided to go to various stores to check out all the TF prime toys in stores,while looking for the store that had the TF Prime season one DVD,At the cheapest price.

First I went to Kmart since it was the nearest store on my traveling distance journey. When I got inside the Kmart,I knew I wasn't going to find any TF Prime season one DVD's. because my local kmarts don't care about stocking the newest DVD's of any type. So I didn't even bother to go to the electronics section. I went straight to the toy section & in the TF toy aisle.

I was surprissed to see my local kmart stocked with a decent selection of TF Prime toys. I looked for voyager megatron but they didn't have it in stock on the shelf. I saw about three voyager optimus prime toys. I must say,the voyager rid optimus looked more sleeker & tons better in person. since i'm getting the leader/weaponizer TF Prime toy,I didn't buy the Rid prime voyager.

I saw all the rid Prime deluxes on the pegs,except arcee. the TF Prime ride deluxe toys look better in person compared to the on-line pics. I saw a bunch of bot shots,minus starscream & the trailer combiners & I bought the barricade figure because I wanted the robot head for a parts swap custom i'm interested in doing. So on this kmart toy hunt,I bought a bot shots barricade for $3.99,2 pairs of blue jeans & one winter shirt on clearance for $4.

Next up at bat,on my toy hunting travel journeys was Target. Target had more TF Rid Prime toy. I saw voyager Rid Megatron & I decided to buy it. it looked better in person,obviously the selling point of this toy revolves around the robot mode & the alen jet mode seems like a last minute twisted design of robot parts. this store also had all the RID TFP Deluxes minus arcee,so arcee might be in wave 2 or just very popular thus it keeps selling out. I saw the entire wave of bot shots minus the trailer combiners. I saw the DOTM deluxe optimus With trailer toy,it was price at $29.99. the dotm truck cab was a lot longer than I imagined it would be. I've only ever seen the DOTM deluxe optimus in robot mode at target & I had no idea what the physical vechicle mode looked like in person. the trailer looked so beyong over sized in lenght & height,apparently they only managed to get the width dimesions right. I then, went to the electronics section & saw the TF Prime season one DVD for $19.96. I aked to see the blue-ray version but they didn't have any in stock. the store employee said the blue-ray version stores don't order for cartoons. I only bought the TF Prime Rid Megatron toy,it cost $19.99 without tax.

I then went to Walmart to look for the TF Prime season one DVD,Since I have a few walmart gift cards. this walmart store is right across the street from target. Walmart had a similar TF Prime Rid display like target. but walmart had more bot shots like the optimus & megatron trailer vechicle combiners & the bot shots gift packs. the trailer combiners & gift packs looked more cool compared to the individual regular bot shots toys. the DOTM toy section looked to be almost barren & seemed to be getting phazed out. The deluxe pegs were still full of DOTM Deluxes & their were like 4 dotm voyagers & one leader dotm bumblebee.

I was debatting whether or not to buy deluxe dotm barricade,because the ha barricade has weird/limited walking hips range of movement. I studied the robot mode of DOTM Deluxe barricade & I noticed this toy as suffered mangled parts/limbs problems,like the weirdly placed shoulder joints & hip/belt section on the robot mode. I decided not to buy dotm deluxe barricade. I didn't buy any TF Prime toys. walmart didn't have any TF Prime Rid voyager Megatron toys. my guess is RID Prime voyager is shipping more in the case & megatron is only one in the same case assortment wave. I didn't see any TF Prime Rid deluxe arcee,so either she's in wave two or keeps selling out super fast. I went to the electronics section,found the TF Prime season one DVD for $19.96 & I bought it. I didn't buy anything else from walmart.

Next travelig stop on the journey was TJMAXX,They only had a whole bunch of DOTM activators,I guess they didn't sell well at other retail stores,so they wound up at all the discount retail stores in america. this was the first time I saw the mirage looking indy activator car in person,it looked decent. I didn't buy anything.

I then traveled to another kmart & walmart. I didn't find anything I wanted at these stores.

I went to all these stores because when I go TF toy hunting. I go to a whole bunch since their on the way from work & home. I try not to go to all these stores every day because I work a 10 hour+ work day week & I want to get home to my family to enjoy the rest of the day. I try to do my toy hunts once every 7 weeks.

from all the stores I visited yesterday,I did see a whole bunch of deluxe bumblee's from Rid TF Prime. I did however see all the deluxes from wave one TFP Rid,So it wasn't that bad. my guess is deluxe RID TFP Bumblebee ships less in the future wave assorment cases. i'll head over to BBTS.COM & check out how many deluxe bumblee's are in wave 2 of the Deluxe Rid TFP assortment wave 2 cases. Updated TFP Rid deluxe wave 1 & 2 case assortment case info from BBTS.com. Wave one Rid deluxe have: 3x Bumblebee,2x Cliffjumper,2x Wheeljack & 1x Soundwave. things appear to get much worse in Rid deluxe wave 2: 3x Bumblebee,1x Cliffjumper,1x Wheeljack,1x Soundwave,

1x Autobot Ratchet,1x Arcee. so we get two new deluxes in wave two but their short packed & out numbered by three to bumblebee.

I went to so many stores yesterday because I was looking for a 2nd DOTM Leader sized Ironhide toy. since I love the design of the toy so much. I didn't see any dotm leader sized ironhide toys on my toy hunting adventure yesterday. all I kept seeing were DOTM Leader sized bumblebee toys at kmart,target & walmart.

Even though I had no plans to buy the TF Prime Rid toys (I only bought voyager RID TFP Megatron). I still wanted to see how cool the toys looked in person. I thought the packaging & the art was cool. the toys looked better than the animated toys.

I plan to buy a whole bunch of later wave TF Prime toys. because these interest me more. thus far i'm interested in buying the following TF Prime Rid toys: voyager Rid bulkhead,deluxe rid vechicon. deluxe rid knockout/deadend. leader weaponizer rid TFP Optimus Prime,voyager rid skyquake. zombie voyager skyquake if they release one. dreadwing voyager if he's a repaint & using the voyager skyquake mold. leader or supreme unicron if it gets released. TF Prime combiners if thet get created & released. I'll most likely continue to keep buying all the TF Prime seasons DVD's,as they get released.

Update on the Bot shots barricade toy I bought. I only bought it for the robot head as it's voyager robot head sized. I un-screwed the two chest screws to see if the robot head would detach from the robot cheast. sadly,the robot heads are attached to the robot chest on all these bot shots. which is a shame for customizers like myself. It's a shame because most movie verse heads were awful & I wanted to parts swap some of them out with these botshots robot heads.

I did like the botshots auto-transform gimmick. I gave the bot shots barricade toy to a younger relative.

I saw Prime Soundwave in Zellers today, along with everything of a single wave/series 1 case except Cliffjumper. They wanted $25 before tax for it. I left it there until the store smartens up.

Conversely, Walmart didn't have Soundwave, but did have Cliffjumper and a fourth Bumblebee, all for a much more reasonable price. They also had put out the contents of a single case of Prime Voyagers, and BOT SHOTS! Those things are kinda adorable, but I had to leave 'em all behind. I'll have to go back and get a Barricade someday.

But does the title really need to be so long? It's a bit of a mouthful...

This should be a thread about just the more extreme adventures we had hunting. If that were the case, I'd be typing for a looooooooooong time.

10 Targets, 4 Walmarts, 3 TRU, 2 Kmarts, and a partridge in a pear tree. That's the shortest version of the longest day ever.

Ummm. I just go to the toy aisle whenever I'm in the vicinity. I used to want to hunt but since Hasbro's distribution is terrible the odds of me finding something awesome is nil. I've had a few great finds, but nothing monumental. At any rate, trying to buy from the store is like trying to pick the ugliest baboon. Thats why I mostly buy online. I justify the price hike to convenience.

Well, the thing is, if you like in Orlando Fl like I do, you are pretty much in the WORSE place to be when it come to getting TF Toys. I mean, usually, we need to wait another 2-4 months after other states gets these figure, like california. Also, here in the east cost, we need to worry about when there are too little Tf figures, or too many figures...

I mean if there are not enough Tf figures/ the demand is high, then it is very likly that those figure will never reach the East cost. I mean, look at the Universe 2.0 line. Most of those figure in that line i only saw ONCE, on ONE store, Which really sucked because I wanted a Tankor So bad...

Or what about if Hasbro creates too many figure/the demand is low? Well, if the demand is low for some figures in the west coast and they're not selling at all, it is very likly that those figure will be shipped further East, untill you reach the far east coast, and you have nowhere else to sell this figures and before yo know it, so have so many figure on the shelf at once, stores like Walmart will need to place the figure on the FLOOR just to get them all out on the shelfs, and now we have to want even longer for the next line to come out, because noone wants to buy 50 bumblebees...

One time, while I was hunting for a particular version of Optimus Prime, I ended up walking into a cave. First I had to jump over a pit filled with spikes. It was way too far for me to jump over, so I had to use my whip to get across. Once I found the Prime I was after, when I picked it up it started a chain reaction which released a huge boulder rolling right at me. Somehow I was able to outrun the boulder, but when I finally got out of the cave I was met by a group of angry natives. I guess they were upset that I took the Optimus, like they worshiped it or something. I was lucky to get away from them with both my hide and the Optimus. I made it to my plane, for some reason I parked it so far away from the cave, and when I sat down there was a snake in my seat. I hate snakes! Every time I look at that Optimus it reminds me how much I hate snakes.

One time, while I was hunting for a particular version of Optimus Prime, I ended up walking into a cave. First I had to jump over a pit filled with spikes. It was way too far for me to jump over, so I had to use my whip to get across. Once I found the Prime I was after, when I picked it up it started a chain reaction which released a huge boulder rolling right at me. Somehow I was able to outrun the boulder, but when I finally got out of the cave I was met by a group of angry natives. I guess they were upset that I took the Optimus, like they worshiped it or something. I was lucky to get away from them with both my hide and the Optimus. I made it to my plane, for some reason I parked it so far away from the cave, and when I sat down there was a snake in my seat. I hate snakes! Every time I look at that Optimus it reminds me how much I hate snakes.

What happened to the quicksand and pits of angry crocodiles?

Archived