Transformers #80.5 Free Comic Book Day Exclusive Revives G1 Comic!

BaCon

transformers-80-5-free-comic-book-day__scaled_100.jpg
The wait is over--after a 20-year hiatus, IDW proudly returns to the original TRANSFORMERS comic book universe, picking up right where 1991's TRANSFORMERS #80 left off! Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Kup, Hot Rod and all your favorite Generation One TRANSFORMERS characters charge into the future as fan-favorite writer Simon Furman and legendary Transformers artist Andrew Wildman present TRANSFORMERS #80.5! Read more details after the jump. Read the Full News Story Here

This is going to stink so bad. Nobody has been able to capture the spirit of the original G1 media, not even Simon himself. I don't see this being any different.

The 80s are over. Let's enjoy the old stuff and stop trying to rehash it.

This thing is going to be the most awesome & sought affter TF Comic issue of the decade.

I'm definately going to be getting this freebie 80.5 comic issue

Since the average/currents IDW TF G-1 comics are so awful. this 80.5 freebie thing written by simon furman is going to be regarded as the best thing ever. IDW made a huge mistake when they took simon furman off the TF G-1 comic series & put him on other non-G-1 stuff.

I can envision the scalpers are going to be having field days with this 80.5 issue. ebay is going to be full of 80.5 auctions. needless to say if you want this & want to take it out of the hands of the scalpers. then your going to have to play this smart & ask your local comic book store vendor to put one of these on the side for you. or arrive at your local comic book shop the second they open their comic book store doors on freebie comic day.

Personally the IDW TF G-1 On-going comics are so awful. after the the awful Chaos saga,I decided to buy the Trade paper backs & no more singular issues. these comics are not worth my gas & time traveling to comic book stores to buy them. I'd rather buy them off of amazon.com,save gas+time & get free shipping.

I'm really looking forward to simon furman's 80.5 thru 100 series RE-G-1 saga. I just feel simon furman is the only man that can write decent TF stories.

This is going to stink so bad. Nobody has been able to capture the spirit of the original G1 media, not even Simon himself. I don't see this being any different.

The 80s are over. Let's enjoy the old stuff and stop trying to rehash it.

if only people felt that way about the toys too.

Archived