Changed subject title, What Useless questions do you think will get asked at botcon 2012.

Shadowpanther

I recall hearing the amount of BB's is based on retailer demand.

A company like Hasbro doesnt guess. Thats what analysts and such do. They research the market and provide actual data. We can assume, but they actually know. I am usually suprised by the numbers too.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"When will you stop releasing endless slews of Bumblebee repaints and focus on new characters like Dark of the Moon Dino?"

Does Hasbro honestly think people WANT to collect hundreds of Bumblebees?? Kids don't want that many Bumblebees and neither do collectors - THAT'S WHY THEY'RE SHELF WARMING!!!

I recall hearing the amount of BB's is based on retailer demand.

A company like Hasbro doesnt guess. Thats what analysts and such do. They research the market and provide actual data. We can assume, but they actually know. I am usually suprised by the numbers too.

Hasbro has a amateur analys team that knows nothing. they don't bother to do follow ups by going to stores to see what sells & what warms pegs/shewlves. EXAMPLE: At botcon 2010 & 2011,the hasbro analyst team were cluess that retailers didn't or stopped ordering the last waves RTS toys & last waves PCC toys.

What hasbro is doing with the bumblebee toys is forcing them down the throats of retailers/buyers after they already ate a full course meal.

Instead of being sneaky & playing tricks with retailers. hasbro should just release assortment cases just with bumblebee in it. then we'll see if stores want to order just bumblebee & see if it's gets ordered & ordered & ordered.

having case assortment with bumblebee dominating the case assortments & not giving other figures a chance to sell,is killing the TF toy lines. this killed the $29.99 ha toy line,because bumblebee was packed in every assortment wave. bumblebee didn't sell & stores didn't order newer waves,thus preventing or delaying newer characters from appearing on store shelves.

So, I take it you know more than them

Whats your company and sales?

So, I take it you know more than them

Whats your company and sales?

You posted a similar reply responses to others who bashed hasbro in the other thread here in the news section called: "hasbro cutting 170 jobs."

Yep, so you already know my stance and acceptance on and of a multi million dollar company knowing how to do what they do more so than me ( a fan and consumer of one of their brands ).

UPDATED: I re-editted the subject header to include Takara. since Takara employees often show up at botcon conventions & are present+take questions during the hasbro panels.

So lets do round 2 & now ask Takara employees a few questions at botcon's 2012 convention during the hasbro TF toy/media panls.

here's my questions I'd ask takara employees at the botcon 2012 TF toy/media panels:

(0)Whatever happened to the MP-10 Ultra magnus toy with the car carrier trailer that broke up into armor pieces for the robot to wear. their was a TF Takara designer interview on-line last year with info & pics. why the one+ year cliff hanger,with no more further info nor any newer pics?

(1)What will be the next new mold masterpiece TF toy you create & release after your done releasing the two repaints/remolds of MP-11 Starscaream & MP-11S Sunstorm figures.

(2)What's the deal with the new mold microns toys that are included with the takara versions of the Rid prime toys? did you not like the mech tech weapons,that are more cartoon accurate?

(3)since the takara versions of TF Prime rid toys are using the new mold microns instead of the mech tech weapons. is this a hint/spoiler that the new mold microns will eventually appear in TF Prime cartoon series?

(4)In the past you've done exclusive TF cartoons/toy lines,some that hasbro never used. are those days over or will takara create more exclusive TF cartoons/toy lines that are exclusive to takara. examples: bw2nd,bwneo,headmasters,masterforce,victory,zone,battle stars,operation combination,robot masters,alternity,etc...

(5)does it dissapoint you takara employees,when you create a TF toy line meant to be shared with both takara & hasbro. but hasbro at the last minute drops out & refuses to carry the line. examples: robotmasters & alternity.

(6)is the TF Masterpiece TF toy lines mainly for the generation one characters & only for high ranking G-1 Characters like faction leaders,second in commands & maybe 3rd in commands.

(7)what input did micheal bay have exactly in creating the movie-verse toys. does micheal bay & his crew actually draw up design sketches & have meeting with hasbro & takara employees to get those designs made into toys? or does micheal bay just create the media persona characters & the art toy sculpt designs get done by other hasbro/takara employees.

(8)how do you feel about hasbro's current passion for "highly stylized TF toys" like the movie verse,animated & TF Prime? is it a doomed repeated cycle like the TM1,TM2 & Beastmachines toys or do you embrace it.

(9)What's your stance on when hasbro ask that certain TF media/toy characters from years ago get updated homage new molds in the wrong size scale? do you care? do you think it makes sense. examples: classics 2.0 powerglide being ultra size. classics 2.0 galvatron & cyclonus being deluxe size. Generations thunderwing being deluxe size. HFTD Seaspray being voyager size.

(10)Do you think hasbro is getting way over-board & carried away with their ever growing bumblebee toy obsession. with literally creating each year bumblebee toys in every size class,countless repaints,having bumblebee dominate the assortment cases.

(11)what's up with the 40 promised generations toys in 2013. any hints of what size classed they will be. can we assume legends,basics & deluxes. any chance we'll get any new mold voyagers,new mold ultra's or new mold leader sized TF toys?

(12)I'm guessing the takara colored versions of the FOC Combaticons/bruticus will be in 1985 combaticons toy/media colors? Is my guess right? i'm guessing the takara FOC colors will be superior to any colors hasbro releases for the FOC combaticons/bruticus.

(13)are their any plans to create & release new updated homage molds based off the extremly popular Takara G-1 exclusive TF TOYS/Cartoon characters like as follows: headmaster Raiden,masterforce overlord,victory deathsauras,victory starsaber,victory victoryleo,diatulas,liokaiser,dinoking,roadceasar,super megatron,ultra maegatron.

(14)what's the deal with the brave toys from the 1990's. does the animation studio/network channel own all the rights to everything? can takara if they wanted created more masterpiece brave toys like dinogeist,fighbird,etc...

Sure, I'll bite :)

What was the decision to do Brave as opposed to another TF line? Also, is there a chance of a WebDiver return?

Would it kill Hasbro to release 1 wave without a Bumblebee in it?

What have you done to fix the distribution issues, that have plagued the lines and costed you money?

Sure, I'll bite :)

What was the decision to do Brave as opposed to another TF line? Also, is there a chance of a WebDiver return?

My 2 cents on this matter,I may be wrong but here goes:

(1)Webdiver did extremly bad for all the countries Takara sold the webdiver toy line to. webdiver sold extremly bad for all the on-line sites around the world. since webdiver didn't sell,everyone who sold webdiver deep cleranced the toys in order to get rid of them. even at deep cleareance prices it still took a long time to get rid of the webdiver toys. Takara & everyone selling webdiver lost money. So I don't think takara would be interested in bringing webdiver toys back with either new molds or re-releases/reissues.

(2)The 1990's Takara Brave toy lines happened because during 1989 the Transformers toy lines weren't selling that great in stores/countries takara sold to. viewers & sponsers lost interest in the japanese takara TF cartoons.

since takara couldn't convince stores nor sponsors to carry the TF toys in decent volume or air the cartoon on TV. the average TF toy making process from start to finish takes over 18 months.

Takara was stuck with dozens of TF art sketches,test shots & proto types that they invested tons of money into. instead of throwing everything out,takara revamped the TF art designs/test shots/proto types into brave toys. Takara was able to convince stores to sell Brave toys & get sponsors/network for the brave cartoon because it was new,exciting & not transformers.

Been around since 1984 and since the dawn of Internet myself. While I've seen others say similar stuff, I'd like to see a Takara viewpoint on this because while explaining they tend to tell extra information that we didn't already know. It's almost like you get two answers for individual questions.

Archived