Ultimate Crossovers

madman1366

So have you ever imagined the Transformers facing off vs. the X-Men? Bumblebee vs. Iron Man? Megatron vs. Magneto? Unicron vs. Galactus?

Who have you always wanted to see played out as an ultimate crossover? Any characters, any eras.

g1 unicron vs galactus.

It would be hilarious watching them struggle to consume each other. :tflaugh

It would also be interesting to watch a wave of sentinels go up against some of the g1 characters.

I could go in just about any direction with crossovers.

Gundam, Robotech, Exo-Squad, or whatever. Robotech is an easy choice, but I think what I would like about a Gundam crossover would be that there are different Gundams with different abilites as opposed to the veritech fighters which are mass produced.

Marvel crossovers would be fun too, but more of a challenge to make those universes mesh. At least with the robotics you're keeping a common theme.

Unicron vs. Galactus?

g1 unicron vs galactus.

Unicron literally eats planets, Galactus just consumes their energy via a complicated machine. Unicron would win.

When Hasbro was creating the 1986 Transformers movie. Hasbro stole a lot of ideas from other toy companies/media. The unicron idea was clearly stolen from marvel's galactus character. hasbro stole the 1986 scourge vechicle mode from starwars luke skywalkers land speeder vechicle mode.

since unicron is clearly a stolen Galactus idea,they can't fight each other because their based off the same thing/idea. they both exist as alternate universe versions of themselves.

FWIW,Some science fiction stories say that two alternate universe versions of one-self can't occupy the one universe at the same time.

I originally came into this thread,thinking it was discussing "what TF Cross-over you think would be epic/awesome"

I was gonna suggest the following cross-over TF toy lines: (1) mega or voyager sized thundercats that transform from animals into their humanoid/beasty stand up form. since their suspose to be piloted mech forms,make both modes look mechanical. make e'm super poseable & it's a win-win for TF fans as they'll be getting BW TM1 type toys. (2) Startrek vechicles that transform into iconic tranaformers characters. optimus prime would transform into the classics enterprize. maybe G-2 Laser rod optimus prime would transform into the next generation enterprise. megatron would transform into the classics klingon space ship. galvatron would transform into the next generation klingon space ship. strscream would transform into the roumulan ship. jetfire would transform into the vulcan ship. a few tiny autobots & tiny decepticons would transform into shuttle bay ships. shockwave & megatron could transform into those big laser riffles. unicron could transform into the borg cube.

The only sensible and awesome crossover would be G1 Transformers as classic G.I. Joe/Cobra vehicles.

^This. :) They've had numerous canonical crossovers... when are we gonna get a toy crossover??

The closest we had was Energon Snowcat.

When Hasbro was creating the 1986 Transformers movie. Hasbro stole a lot of ideas from other toy companies/media. The unicron idea was clearly stolen from marvel's galactus character. hasbro stole the 1986 scourge vechicle mode from starwars luke skywalkers land speeder vechicle mode.

since unicron is clearly a stolen Galactus idea,they can't fight each other because their based off the same thing/idea. they both exist as alternate universe versions of themselves.

FWIW,Some science fiction stories say that two alternate universe versions of one-self can't occupy the one universe at the same time.

I originally came into this thread,thinking it was discussing "what TF Cross-over you think would be epic/awesome"

There's a major hitch in your argument that Unicron was stolen from Galactus. Given Marvel was responsible for quite a bit of production for Transformers, it's pretty hard to steal from oneself's.

All of the Justice League/Crime Syndicate battles back in the Silver Age suggest otherwise. (For the non-comic geeks among us, the Crime Syndicate was basically the MIrrorverse version of the League.)

There's a major hitch in your argument that Unicron was stolen from Galactus. Given Marvel was responsible for quite a bit of production for Transformers, it's pretty hard to steal from oneself's.

Yup. :)

Sunbowmarvel.jpg

Similarly I've seen people accuse Michael Bay of recycling footage from The Island for part of the highway scene in Dark of the Moon -- even though The Island was a Michael Bay film. Not like he's gonna sue himself. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kcqB3thJM

And actually he recycled that scene because in the original footage that was shot for DotM an extra was badly injured, so Bay decided not to use that footage -- reshooting those scenes from scratch would have been expensive and time-consuming, so it was faster and easier to digitally edit in footage from The Island. And honestly, if you hadn't seen The Island, you wouldn't notice. I've never seen The Island and I was blissfully ignorant until someone pointed it out to me.

Archived