Would You Buy Them?

madman1366

I'd prefer it if Hasbro released a line of humans from Transformers as proper 10cm action figures (same scale as G.I. Joe, Star Wars etc.). The problem with HA human figurines is that they're just accessories for the Transformers and aren't very good action figures in their own right.

How many of us purchased a Mutt Williams Indiana Jones figure to repurpose as Sam Witwicky? Imagine if Hasbro retooled and repainted that figure as a proper Sam Witwicky figure. Now imagine if they released an entire line of 10cm human figures like that for Epps, Lennox, Simmons, Dutch, Mikaela, Carly, Gould, NEST soldiers, Epps' homies, Miko, Raf, Jack, June, Fowler, Sierra, Kicker (in civvies), Misha, Alexis, Brad, Carlos, Yuuki Onishi, Dr Onishi (with O-Parts!), Chak, Una, Dr Arkeville, Buster Witwicky, Spike Witwicky, Sparkplug Witwicky, G1 Carly etc etc.

And imagine if they released action figures based on Headmaster/Targetmaster Nebulans/humans. They could have removable helmets!!

+ Spike (with interchangeable Galen head)

+ Zarak (w/ interchangeable comic and cartoon Zarak heads)

+ Ginrai (w/ interchangeable Hi-Q head)

+ Minerva

+ Go Shuta

+ Cab

+ Cancer

+ Wilder

+ Bullhorn

+ Hi-Test (w/ white hood)

+ Throttle (w/ white hood)

Then you could have Pretenders in their "civvies":

+ Metalhawk

+ Phoenix

+ Lander

+ Diver

+ Cloudburst

+ Landmine (just use the same body as Cloudburst w/ different head)

In 2004 we got Kicker (in armour) and a year later Gamede; both using the Microman design and in scale with other 10cm Microman figures. Why can't we have more? :(

micromankungfu1.jpg

I would be all over a Con Exclusive pack of Diaclone driver like humans for transformers human characters than full sized 10cm figures. Think of it, as cool as it would be to have a 10cm Spike and or Sparkplug figure, it just wouldn't look right standing on a shelf next to G1 Prime.

If Hasbro (or TakaraTomy) released Diaclone driver sized figures molded and colored like human characters from the entire transformers universes (G1 (American and Japanese) RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Movie, etc.....) I would buy that in a heartbeat....

How many of us purchased a Mutt Williams Indiana Jones figure to repurpose as Sam Witwicky? ]

No,thanks,I hate shia le barf/sam. The only way i'd buy a "mutt williams/shia le barf" figure toy if I was planning to throw it into a burning barrel,use a camera to record it,then throw it on u-tube via a video.

Nah that is owned by Gundam and Robotech

Now that would be awesome a line of Gundam Transformers :tflaugh

That would be epic seeing some Veritech fighters going up against Starscream and his Seeker squad. :wat Or Freedom Gundam teaming up with Optimus. Anywho, back on topic. I would buy some human alliance type mech suits if done properly. The DOTM HA line was heading in the right direction, but need to be on a bigger scale. I would like to see some tank-type vehicle modes. Maybe with some interchangeable weapons that can be swapped (no mech tech!!!).

:agree On both ends! Give the humans some power to fight back! I'd love to see Cyclone type armor but more functional than the GI Joe Cycle armor. Maybe most of the Cycle parts become a Ginormous arm for a human Mech pilot and then you bring enough armors...Guns, cannons, arms etc together and a space for human pilots to drive them would be awesome playability!

I would rather something like this occur as a crossover with GI JOE. Seems to me it would make sense that Cobra and later JOE would co-opt tech from the Cons/Bots and create battle suits so they could fight at a similar level. If a HISS tank driver was driving a HISS tank that transformed into a robot, I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.

It seems rather odd to me that Hasbro seems to go to such great lengths to keep those 2 apart when it comes to making toy lines.

Prime just got interesting on this topic a little sooner than I thought. Interesting indeed! MECH already having a prototype suit and now teaming up with Starscream to help complete their project. I've heard at least one person who thinks it's possible we're seeing the first of what will later be the combaticons once Starscream is finished with them.

Silas is definitely going to be a helluva wild card in this series.

I just think it's plain cool to have a transformer with little driver figures. For one, it's a great way to work in the show or movie characters in a figure form that works with the transformers they go with best.

Personally, I don't care if there are built in weapons platforms for them or not, quite honestly the HA figs had some silly weapon gimmicks. Just having representations of the characters that aren't just little statues are nice enough. Here's a neater idea. Human Alliance figure, say we're talking about Jack in Prime. Jack rides Arcee...duh, that didn't sound too dirty now did it? Then jack has an add on piece that comes off Arcee (sidecar or mounted weapon) that becomes robotic armor for Jack and can have a Targetmaster mode to be Arcee's weapon.

That could work, though, probably better off doing that with a car that way the driver can be more easily made into a smaller scale. So perhaps using Jack and Arcee wasn't the best way to go. Still, you get the idea.

• 1 month later...

"Hasbro decided to expand the toy brand beyond the norm of actual transformers to include human piloted mechs, more involved than the more simple HA line, would you buy them?"

Hell Yeah!!!! I'd buy that!

Archived