Would You Buy Them?

madman1366

Just wondering, if Hasbro decided to expand the toy brand beyond the norm of actual transformers to include human piloted mechs, more involved than the more simple HA line, would you buy them? If so, what types of things would you like to see done to make the human mechs something different from TF's, but yet, have them fit in with the TF universe and even add some twists to the mix?

Perhaps it's not an idea that grabs a lot of people. I know folks tend to want less human involvement but that is not something that seems like anyone at Hasbro is eager to do. So why not take it the other way? At some point weapons tech and robotics may end up combining in all sorts of weird ways in the future, is it hard to imagine full mech suits?

Or perhaps if being on too close of a technological level with transformers isn't an appealing idea, what about a spin-off series where transformers aren't alien robots, but human creations?

I'm curious to see if and what people think of something like this. I know I wouldn't mind having some human piloted mechs. Perhaps the Human Alliance figures even inspired my thinking a bit, but I know it's something I've been thinking of since way before we ever had those.

I see no reason this can't be incorporated into Prime, actually. We have MECH, who started to vivisect a `Con to learn how he worked. Just assume they learned enough to build some basic transforming robts. Hasbro can release HA-type figures of MECH members with their . . . well, mecha. :tflaugh And to help their human allies when they're not around, the Autobots build similar, but obviously more advanced, mecha for the kids and Agent Fowler. Although maybe rather than a mecha, Jack should come with an appropriately-scaled Arcee.

Yes, I would buy it!

I'm with John, if the Armarauders are not stupid pricey, I'm all in. As for others types, depends on the look and the feel. I've bought others in the past but the names escape me.

Sure. I like the HA Figures, so if mechsuits give us more HA-types, I'd probably buy 'em. Though, I think I'd wish them to be more like HMs, TMs or possibly updated Pretender-types.

Nah that is owned by Gundam and Robotech

Now that would be awesome a line of Gundam Transformers :tflaugh

There could also be something along the lines of Exo-Squad or MechWarrior combined with more rudimentary alt modes. Conceptually speaking, the general idea is nothing new, but seeing them interact with Transformers does provide a world of new possibilities.

Just imagine a story to play out in a show like Prime where MECH does in fact put out exactly what I'm talking about. Suddenly, humans aren't so insignificant. For the first time the ability to stand 1 on 1 with a transformer and actually have an equal chance in a fair fight and can overwhelm any TF when fighting in numbers.

Makes it a lot more interesting to see things become even more splintered. Optimus at one point compares Silas in an uneasy way to Megatronus long ago. Perhaps that was a bit of foreshadowing into what the Silas character will come to be...Earth's own version of Megatron. At this point, anything can happen!

But I would be all in for the MECH suits. So long as their technology is more distinct, and not simply straight HA stuff. It needs to look like something brutish yet distinctly human made. Oh yeah, and with a CRAPLOAD of weapons!!!

That would be epic seeing some Veritech fighters going up against Starscream and his Seeker squad. :wat Or Freedom Gundam teaming up with Optimus. Anywho, back on topic. I would buy some human alliance type mech suits if done properly. The DOTM HA line was heading in the right direction, but need to be on a bigger scale. I would like to see some tank-type vehicle modes. Maybe with some interchangeable weapons that can be swapped (no mech tech!!!).

That would be epic seeing some Veritech fighters going up against Starscream and his Seeker squad. :wat Or Freedom Gundam teaming up with Optimus. Anywho, back on topic. I would buy some human alliance type mech suits if done properly. The DOTM HA line was heading in the right direction, but need to be on a bigger scale. I would like to see some tank-type vehicle modes. Maybe with some interchangeable weapons that can be swapped (no mech tech!!!).

I started an ultimate crossovers thread in the TF general discussion forum, perhaps we can bring more of the crossover talk over there. I love talking crossovers and what if stories. Be nice to blow that thread up!

Archived