Hasbro Cutting 170 Jobs In Attempt to Recover From Sluggish Holiday Sales

Peter_Van

Blitz you forgot the pointless Deluxe Optimus's and HA Skids everywhere. Instead of Deluxe Soundwave, Wheeljack, Deluxe Leadfoot

I really hope Archer was part of the group fired along with the heads of Marketing and Distribution

Hell found out from a friend yesterday that the toys supervisor at one of the Walmarts here got fired, because she ordered more DOTM and has refused to put out the Prime toys because of their street date? So the Transformers section has been literally empty for weeks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archer was moved last year out of the TF line and promoted to VP Creative Director, Brand design IP creation at Hasbro. Doubt he's gonna be 'fired' anytime soon.

Archer was moved last year out of the TF line and promoted to VP Creative Director, Brand design IP creation at Hasbro. Doubt he's gonna be 'fired' anytime soon.

He still needs to be fired, especially since VP Creative Dierector is mostly a BS position

This news makes no sense. because as follows below:

1- Hasbro is one of the greedy corporations in america that outsource production & factory making work over seas. so who cares if their cutting 170+jobs in america. it doesn't affect the labors.

2- Those 170+ jobs hasbro is cutting is most likelt the "pecil pushers" jobs. those who push pencils back & forth & pretend to look busy on their computers.

2a- since hasbro outsources the factory & labor jobs overseas. hasbro might as we'll get even greedier & outsource the pencil pushers/computer jobs overseas too. like maybe outsoucing those pencil pushers/computers jobs to canada,mexico,middle east & over seas.

3- maybe hasbro firing 170+ usa workers is a good thing. they'll be less hasbro workers telling takara what to do with the TF toy line. ever since the movie verse TF toy lines,hasbro employees have been getting more greedy by ordering those takara designers around & telling them to create garbage TF toy lines like animated,movie-verse & so forth. maybe with a limited hasbro employee staff in america. this will give those Takara designers more freedom to create Better TF toys. I miss the 2000 Car Robots & AEC TF toy years when takara was calling the shots,did most of the art work & sculpts for the TF toys.

1- Hasbro is one of the greedy corporations in america that outsource production & factory making work over seas. so who cares if their cutting 170+jobs in america. it doesn't affect the labors.

2- Those 170+ jobs hasbro is cutting is most likelt the "pecil pushers" jobs. those who push pencils back & forth & pretend to look busy on their computers.

2a- since hasbro outsources the factory & labor jobs overseas. hasbro might as we'll get even greedier & outsource the pencil pushers/computer jobs overseas too. like maybe outsoucing those pencil pushers/computers jobs to canada,mexico,middle east & over seas.

3- maybe hasbro firing 170+ usa workers is a good thing. they'll be less hasbro workers telling takara what to do with the TF toy line. ever since the movie verse TF toy lines,hasbro employees have been getting more greedy by ordering those takara designers around & telling them to create garbage TF toy lines like animated,movie-verse & so forth. maybe with a limited hasbro employee staff in america. this will give those Takara designers more freedom to create Better TF toys. I miss the 2000 Car Robots & AEC TF toy years when takara was calling the shots,did most of the art work & sculpts for the TF toys.

i completely and totally disagree with you calling Animated garbage..its one of the most refreshing and original series designs we've had in years. And i know there are plenty that agree with me on this even if they wont admit it. Animated was an amazing work of art. It doesnt get the credit it deserves. Just becuase everything isnt a G1 brickformer doesnt mean its garbage.

i completely and totally disagree with you calling Animated garbage..its one of the most refreshing and original series designs we've had in years. And i know there are plenty that agree with me on this even if they wont admit it. Animated was an amazing work of art. It doesnt get the credit it deserves. Just becuase your stuck in 1985 doesnt mean everything is garbage that isnt G1 brickformers.

I never said I was stuck in 1985. I purged & sold all my 1980's TF toys because they were brick-formers. So,I can't be stuck in 1985,If I don't own any of the 1980's TF toys. I didn't even care for the 1984 thru 1985 TF cartoon series. I loved the 1986 season 3. I also loved the three Takara japanese exclusive TF cartoons like headmasters,masterforce & victory.

I didn't care for the animated cartoon designs. I did like the epic season finales that animated's cartoon series had. I wasn't a fan of the teen titans animated robots style nor the annoying characters like sari,lugnuts,blitzwing,wreckgar & those human villans.

What,I loathed/hated most about the Animated cartoon series is: Their were too many episodes that weren't tied to any arc nor season/series plot. basically their were way too many playing around episodes for my taste. since most animated episodes weren't tied to a arc/series/season plot,they could have been mixed up,ran out of order & no one watching would have noticed.

As far as the animated toy line. I didn't care for about 85% of the toys. Most of the toys,I hated because they had those simplistic face sculpts with either smiley faces or frowns. I'm never a fan of misproprtioned body parts nor limbs. I hate mangled/distorted body parts & limbs. I wasn't a fan of the big bulky upper robot bodies & the thin/tiny waist & legs. Hasbro colored most of the animated toys in un-shinny plastic. Personally,The animated toy line looked & felt like it was meant for much younger kids than all previous TF toy lines ever made like toddlers under 4 years of age. Personally,the optimus toy designs released in animated are pure awful/horrible.

As I said in other threads,I never completly write off a Transformers toy line. I always find one or a few molds I find decent & buy them. For animated,I bought the following TF toys: Leader size Megatron,Leader size Ultra Magnus,Deluxe Swoop. deluxe arcee. deluxe blurr. voyager blitzwing. voyager shockwave because I did a custom kutbash & created a 4th beast mode by adding a power ranger beast head to the toy.

Since,I am 27 years old. I prefer my transformers toys to have a adult-grown up designs esthetics to them. this is why my favorite TF toy line will always be masterpiece.

I'm into super poseable TF toys. My favorite TF toy era was the AEC lines. because the toys looked like G-1 toys but with poseabilty. So,if I'm stuck in any era,it's AEC & not 1985.

In addittion to loving the AEC TF toy lines,I thought alternators,titanium 6 inch,classoics,generations,RTS were all superb TF toy lines catered & tailored towards my TF toy designs esthetics preferences.

Out of the 13 new molds that got released in the Takara car Robots toy line,I only liked half of them. which are: gigatron,fire convoy,god magnus & the TRIO Train bots mostly for their combined mode. I didn't like the TRIO Car/bots & loathed the 4 construction combiners.

I hated beatmachines & I only own 3 toys from that toy line. which are ultra sized jetstorm,supreme sized optimus primal & deluxe blackarachnia.

I didn't care for about 85% of the beastwars toys. I only bought & liked about 15% of them. I didn't buy any basics. I also sold optimal optimus because I didn't care for the toy.

As far as the movie-verse toy lines goes. I didn't buy legends,no basics & only about 4 deluxes from three movie verse toy lines.

I only bought one bumblebee toy mold from the movie verse & that's the $29.99 HA bumblebee toy mold. I bought all the leader sized toys released in the movie verse. I bought about 55% of the new mold voyager sized movie verse toy molds.

With classics,generations,HFTD & RTS,I bought all the deluxes & voyagers that were homages to G-1 characters/toys. to further clarify on this one. no,I didn't get every single recolor nor every single remold. I chose to buy only one mold,with my preferred colors & persona attached to it. I'm content with just owning one mold,I don't desire to own all the recolors nor all the remolds based off a mold I like.

As far as TF Prime's cartoon & toys goes. I love this cartoon because it has a grown up & serious feel to it. it reminds me of the 2005 cybertron cartoon that had a more serious/grown up feel to it.

thus far,I only like a handful of TF Prime toys which are as follows: leader size/weaponizers optimus prime. voyager sized Rid bulkhead,Voyager size skyquake. deluxe Rid vechicon. deluxe Rid knockout/deadend. if they release a leader or supreme unicron,i'll buy it. I'll also buy any combiners released in this line,as I love combiners.

Not to stir controversy, but how can someone say they hate Animated yet have an avatar featuring an Animated design?

Well, that's Super Megatron from Battlestars, not Animated. Though the Animated design is heavily based on it.

I'm pretty sure more than TF had anything to do wih these layoffs. And I'd also wager it was the extra receptionists and or dead weight that got trimmed.

Not sure what Animated has to do with any of this, that was over in 2009 and RotF was a big seller since then. Not to mention, Animated did decently, just not movie line numbers, as could be expected. I doubt the third party numbers could have affected it too, it's the equivillant of those Devestator k.os at Walgreens vs main line at Walmart. Also, those tons of deluxe OPs were sold to Walmart, who clearances them out. So Hasbro didn't have to buy any back. So really, it's safe to say this was probably an across the board sales slump (notice SW and other Hasbro lines dragging also this year) more than an isolated line thing. Really, I'm interested to see how well other lines did. I mean, it's really a gamble on what will and won't sell, specially with rising gas prices and a slow economy where more focus in most families is bills and food rather than luxury items. Really, when it comes to the consumer goods market, it's a big gamble. Just check out things like expensive paper towels. They are collecting dust while the cheapo store brands are moving fast. People have to trim the excess in times like these, hell my local Aldi has longer lines than the local Kroger.

That and, it's the beginning of a new fiscal year, companies do this. I have to deal with it in my line of work as commercial builders are not doing anything for a month or so. Which me and my co workers are still working, but our contracted installers are just not as busy and are doing other things until things pick up in a month or so. I wouldn't be surprised to see companies to a little fat trimming for the new year. We get to see what Hasbro is doing because we pay attention to them, but other companies are doing the same thing most likely.

Yeah that is Super Megatron from Return of Convoy and Battlestars. And Animated did suck, and only served the purpose of alienating fans. The toys sucked and not a single decent one. Most are worse then optimus maximus.

But Still hopefully Hasbro cut loose the marketing and distribution areas. As far as which lines suffered? Star Wars has been suffering for years. One can only buy so many of the same Han Solo's and Luke Skywalkers. Crossovers Star Wars and Iron Man concept were duds. They put out way too many of the figures that people did not want, and canceled the ones that everybody wanted..

Record sales and cutting jobs......really?!

That was their headline, but they actually didn't much money.

Their profits are sluggish and they're losing marketshare to Mattel.

They need to slim down to keep their profits afloat and their stock up.

But all the money from the 3 movies?

Archived