KUP?

Shadowpanther

Out of all the Transformers toy names,Kup,always seemed the oddest/weirdest.

during the 1980's,I wasn't even aware the name "KUP" was abbreviated for the word "pick up" referring to a pick up truck.

I wonder if hasbro knew the transformers brand would be around for almost 30 years. if they would have done a better job creating some/most generation one toy/media names. Some names just seemed like they were created super fast,for jokes & so forth.

Other fascinating transformers toy names,are the ones with a first & last name. like optimus prime,ultra magnus.

I thought the hotrod leader name was creative,rodimus prime.

megatron & galvatron are other fascinating names. like the word mega equals less power than galva.

stetching out the "RC" to create "Arcee",just sparks creativity.

I haven't a clue why a 1986 autobot tripple changer that changed from robot,to helicopter to car was called "Springer."

during 1987,I noticed some of the new toys were named after their gimmicks. like almost all the headmasters,had head related makes.

I love how all the G-1 dinobots minus Grimlock,has the first letter in their name that starts with the letter "S".

I haven't a clue why a 1986 autobot tripple changer that changed from robot,to helicopter to car was called "Springer."

It says in his tech specs! "Possesses incredible "springing" power in his legs. Travels long distances with pogo-like motion."

I always thought Wreck-Gar was a pretty crazy name just as much as Kup.

>>> WINDBREAKER <<<

"Scat" means "faeces" (from the Greek "Scatolo") -- yet we have Transformers called:

Scattor (he throws poop?)

Energon Scattor (he throws Energon poop?)

Six Transformers called Scattorshot (they shoot poop??)

Scattorbrain (SH!T FOR BRAINS!!)

There are also three Transformers called Wind Sheer -- clearly using the wrong spelling of "shear". That's not just bad, that's downright illiterate! Speaking of illiterate names, there's also Lazorbeak.

Beast Wars gave us some uninspiring names too, such as:

+ Cheetor

+ Tarantulas (is this a name or just a plural form of a common noun?!)

+ Rhinox

+ Tigatron (what's a tiga??)

+ B'Boom

+ Waspinator

...also not fond of reusing subgroup names as individual TF names (e.g. Dinobot, Insecticon etc.)

NB: I like these characters and toys, but ya gotta admit... they aren't terribly impressive names!

Bugly's always been a silly name. Didn't like K-9 either... why couldn't they have reused the name of "Hound" for him?? Likewise BW Buzz Saw should've been called Bumblebee.

Megabolt is also a silly name.

madman1366: Hasbro never came up with the term Breastmasters/Breast Force - that was Takara. And it's a name aimed at a non-English speaking market, so I don't think that really counts.

Best TF name ever? Time Warrior! :D

"Scat" means "faeces" (from the Greek "Scatolo") -- yet we have Transformers called:

Why they went with that particular spelling, I'm not sure. It may have been trademark reasons. You can tell that (for instance) Scattorbrain is really Scatter Brain. Scatter, which means "all over the place" makes sense, but we can't say exactly that the other names are supported to be Scatter. Scatter Shot makes sense too.

Scatter on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scatter

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/scatter

Scattor doesn't seem to be an actual word.

>>> WINDBREAKER <<<

There are also three Transformers called Wind Sheer -- clearly using the wrong spelling of "shear". That's not just bad, that's downright illiterate! Speaking of illiterate names, there's also Lazorbeak.

Beast Wars gave us some uninspiring names too, such as:

+ Cheetor

+ Tarantulas (is this a name or just a plural form of a common noun?!)

+ Rhinox

+ Tigatron (what's a tiga??)

+ B'Boom

+ Waspinator

...also not fond of reusing subgroup names as individual TF names (e.g. Dinobot, Insecticon etc.)

NB: I like these characters and toys, but ya gotta admit... they aren't terribly impressive names!

Bugly's always been a silly name. Didn't like K-9 either...

Best TF name ever? Time Warrior! :D

I never had a problem with the Beast Wars names although some of them could have been named a bit better.

Loved the name K-9 and Tigatron and Rhinox were alwats the awesome to me as well as Tarantulas.

Loved Scattorshot as well. One of my favorite names but I do think that the total machines got thr better names though.

I mean, seriously now, Leobreaker? So be breaks lions? LOL!

Archived