Cyberverse Optimus Maximus should get recolored into 1986 Metroplex's color scheme as it has similar designed modes & functions.

Shadowpanther

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I never liked 1986 Metroplex & I don't consider him one of the better G-1 toys.

:agree

He is actually one of the better G1 Toys

:agree

He is actually one of the better G1 Toys

i rest my case

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I never liked 1986 Metroplex & I don't consider him one of the better G-1 toys.

But then, you've stated you don't like playsets, which is basically what Met is. But that's why I like him so much - because he's a playset/environment for the small TFs of the time, and even up to current releases.

If anything, this...thing would make more sense being repainted to resemble Star Convoy. Or maybe PM Optimus/Ginrai.

Not that I would really want Hasbro wasting more of their time with this fugly thing. :tfpuke But definitely not Metroplex.

Now that would be a direct insult to Star Convoy and God Ginrai

This thing's existence is an insult. But at least these are along the same lines as this in that it's a big Optimus suit that splays out to form a 'battle station' that prominently features the head on top for all to see. Still shouldn't be done though.

It's sort of a step in the right direction towards a way Hasbro could do the city-formers, as they were originally big playsets for smaller figures...

But they still have a long, long way to go if this was the best they could come up with.

If anything, this...thing would make more sense being repainted to resemble Star Convoy. Or maybe PM Optimus/Ginrai.

Not that I would really want Hasbro wasting more of their time with this fugly thing. :tfpuke But definitely not Metroplex.

Now that would be a direct insult to Star Convoy and God Ginrai

This thing's existence is an insult. But at least these are along the same lines as this in that it's a big Optimus suit that splays out to form a 'battle station' that prominently features the head on top for all to see. Still shouldn't be done though.

It's sort of a step in the right direction towards a way Hasbro could do the city-formers, as they were originally big playsets for smaller figures...

But they still have a long, long way to go if this was the best they could come up with.

They could have easily taken a look at Metroplex increased his size by 2 inches add in the new joints and boom. Awesome Metroplex

I think Metroplex is a pretty solid G1 Transformer - but yeah, it's not one of the more inspiring G1 TF designs and is more of a playset. But playsets are FUN!! :D

I would argue that Powermaster Optimus Prime/Ginrai is a more solid action figure in its own right as well as being a playset, because that toy does transform from a truck to a robot and super robot as well as being the assault mode playset. The original 1984 G1 Optimus Prime was a playset too with Combat Deck/trailer ... but how cool was it using his trailer as mobile Autobot base?! :) PM Optimus Prime may not be as solid a toy as the original G1 Prime, but to be fair, it is loaded with more gimmicks and the super robot feature which the original Prime doesn't have. So comparably speaking I think they're both fairly good action figures that also happen to be play sets.

Metroplex is a good action figure/play set -- the city mode is nice enough and interacts with the smaller carded Autobots. There are also special ports that allow the limb robots of any of the 1986 gestalt teams (Scramble City gestalts) to connect with Metroplex; so that's a pretty awesome feature. The mobile assault base mode is okay too.

You want to see a really dull play set former? Fortress Maximus. Seriously... city mode is just the robot lying on his back with arms up and legs curled up. The battleship mode is just the robot lying on his back with arms up and feet pointing down. The main thing that makes Fortress Maximus impressive is his size -- but size aside the engineering behind the toy isn't that impressive. There are some neat playset features in Fort Max, like the lift, car launchers, prison, LOTS of in-built gunnery and of course, the double-Headmaster gimmick. But the core toy itself is arguably the least impressively designed compared to other playsetformers. Even Star Convoy has a more complex transformation (actually I think his base mode is pretty neat, and his truck mode is reasonably solid for a scifi truck).

You want to see a really dull play set former? Fortress Maximus. Seriously... city mode is just the robot lying on his back with arms up and legs curled up. The battleship mode is just the robot lying on his back with arms up and feet pointing down. The main thing that makes Fortress Maximus impressive is his size -- but size aside the engineering behind the toy isn't that impressive. There are some neat playset features in Fort Max, like the lift, car launchers, prison, LOTS of in-built gunnery and of course, the double-Headmaster gimmick. But the core toy itself is arguably the least impressively designed compared to other playsetformers. Even Star Convoy has a more complex transformation (actually I think his base mode is pretty neat, and his truck mode is reasonably solid for a scifi truck).

i disagree with you regarding Fort Max. What about Trypticon. He basically lies on his back and has his sides flip down. then you're done with him. boring! out of the 4 USA G1 cityformers, i only put Metroplex and Fort Max in base mode. The 2 Con bases are meh in those modes. Overlord isn't bad but only works well with Powermasters.

Archived