Cyberverse Optimus Maximus should get recolored into 1986 Metroplex's color scheme as it has similar designed modes & functions.

Shadowpanther

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow...the OP is changing his tune now that noone is agreeing with his idea...shocking that one..

Please re-read my comments in this thread,nowhere in this thread,did I praise the cyberverse optimus maximus toy as being a decent toy.

All I really said in this thread,is,I think it would make decent updated homage recolor toy for 1986 metroplex. I never praised the 1986 metrople toy nor did I ever praise this cyberverse maximus toy.

I still stand by my original statement in this thread. the cyberverse optimus maximus toy should get a 1986 metroplex recolor.

WHY? For all the obvious reasons I already stated in this thread.

IMHO,Both toys are equally garbage. I've had the dis-pleasure of owning several 1986 Metroplex toys.

Its like the old gobots power suit combiner, but thirty years to late.

I wish I thought of that analogy. Maybe I wouldn't want it as badly.

Unfortunately, I likened it to the old Diaclone toys which increased my want 100%. :tflaugh :redface

wow...the OP is changing his tune now that noone is agreeing with his idea...shocking that one..

Please re-read my comments in this thread,nowhere in this thread,did I praise the cyberverse optimus maximus toy as being a decent toy.

All I really said in this thread,is,I think it would make decent updated homage recolor toy for 1986 metroplex. I never praised the 1986 metrople toy nor did I ever praise this cyberverse maximus toy.

I still stand by my original statement in this thread. the cyberverse optimus maximus toy should get a 1986 metroplex recolor.

IMHO,Both toys are equally garbage. I've had the dis-pleasure of owning several 1986 Metroplex toys.

no where did i say you where praising the toy..all im saying is you want it painted into metroplex..no one likes the idea...so you call it a peice of garbage..

you want it repainted into metroplex, yet you think its garbage...i find that contradictory...thats all im saying..

I still want to know how you think Metroplex and this crap called optimus maximus are similar. When they are nothing a like

If anything, this...thing would make more sense being repainted to resemble Star Convoy. Or maybe PM Optimus/Ginrai.

Not that I would really want Hasbro wasting more of their time with this fugly thing. :tfpuke But definitely not Metroplex.

no where did i say you where praising the toy..all im saying is you want it painted into metroplex..no one likes the idea...so you call it a peice of garbage..

you want it repainted into metroplex, yet you think its garbage...i find that contradictory...thats all im saying..

I still want to know how you think Metroplex and this crap called optimus maximus are similar. When they are nothing a like

Just because I come up with a recolor toy idea. doesn't automatically mean I'm like the toy & i'm forced to buy it,if the recolr comes out.

I come up with recolors TF toy ideas all the time. example: ROTF Deluxe dirge,I thought had shark shaped back jet wings. So I thought the toy would make a decent Sky-byte recolor with a new sky-byte robot head sculpt.

I saw similaries in both toys & thought it would make a decent homage toy colored in 1986 metroplex's color scheme.

once again,the similarities between 1986 metroplex & cyberverse optimus maximus I saw is as follows: (1) both toys were designed for super tiny TF toys to interact with. by have platforms,parking spaces,accessories,slots & so forth. (2) both toys transform into almost the same vechicle mode. their both weird looking rolling battle stations. the vechicle modes on both toys share the same shape dimensions. both toys stand up in robot mode & sit down in a chair for their vechicle mode. both toys have the robot chest in the same exact spot in vechicle mode. both toys have the legs in the same exact spot on bechicle mode. both toys have the robot head sticking out in almost the same exact spot in vechicle mode. both toys have robot arms that do a poor job of hiding in vechicle mode. (3)I'm pretty sure their's a un-documented city mode for cyberverse optimus maximus. that comsist of seperating the robot legs & arms in vechicle mode to create a passable city mode. to make the city mode look more passable all that needs to be done is open a few storage hatches & doors. (4)the cyberverse optimus maximus toy mold has the robot head horns/sirens/whatever that look similar to 1986 metroplex's.

honestly all that's really needed to create a decent passable homage metroplex toy using the cyberverse optimus maximus toy is as follows: 1986 metroplex colors. include a legends size vechicon or legends known in black colors & call it scamper. give the inner robot face sculpt lips with a chin & no face plate.

This thing's a piece of shit. Hasbro will be lucky to sell the one they're making. No one but a fraction of a percent of collectors would buy a repaint in Metroplex colors.

If anything, this...thing would make more sense being repainted to resemble Star Convoy. Or maybe PM Optimus/Ginrai.

Not that I would really want Hasbro wasting more of their time with this fugly thing. :tfpuke But definitely not Metroplex.

Now that would be a direct insult to Star Convoy and God Ginrai

Just because I come up with a recolor toy idea. doesn't automatically mean I'm like the toy & i'm forced to buy it,if the recolr comes out.

I come up with recolors TF toy ideas all the time. example: ROTF Deluxe dirge,I thought had shark shaped back jet wings. So I thought the toy would make a decent Sky-byte recolor with a new sky-byte robot head sculpt.

I saw similaries in both toys & thought it would make a decent homage toy colored in 1986 metroplex's color scheme.

once again,the similarities between 1986 metroplex & cyberverse optimus maximus I saw is as follows: (1) both toys were designed for super tiny TF toys to interact with. by have platforms,parking spaces,accessories,slots & so forth. (2) both toys transform into almost the same vechicle mode. their both weird looking rolling battle stations. the vechicle modes on both toys share the same shape dimensions. both toys stand up in robot mode & sit down in a chair for their vechicle mode. both toys have the robot chest in the same exact spot in vechicle mode. both toys have the legs in the same exact spot on bechicle mode. both toys have the robot head sticking out in almost the same exact spot in vechicle mode. both toys have robot arms that do a poor job of hiding in vechicle mode. (3)I'm pretty sure their's a un-documented city mode for cyberverse optimus maximus. that comsist of seperating the robot legs & arms in vechicle mode to create a passable city mode. to make the city mode look more passable all that needs to be done is open a few storage hatches & doors. (4)the cyberverse optimus maximus toy mold has the robot head horns/sirens/whatever that look similar to 1986 metroplex's.

honestly all that's really needed to create a decent passable homage metroplex toy using the cyberverse optimus maximus toy is as follows: 1986 metroplex colors. include a legends size vechicon or legends known in black colors & call it scamper. give the inner robot face sculpt lips with a chin & no face plate.

Honestly SP, that is too generic, by going off of that I could homage Runabout from Bumblebee. Where you look at the asthetics of optimus maximus. compared to Metroplex and there is nothing.

Metroplex was not full of holes, did not have a smaller robot fit inside his chest and be part of his head, Metroplex has 3 modes, technically 4, Metroplex has a visor and mouth, not eyes and a plate, and the porportions are all wrong.

And Mike Prime is correct, this thing will end up on clearance and sit there with the kreo that doesn't sell either

those ideas dont make it decent or passable....more like an insult to a great toy. yeah. i said it. Metroplex is great

Archived