Cyberverse Optimus Maximus should get recolored into 1986 Metroplex's color scheme as it has similar designed modes & functions.

Shadowpanther

Some fan on another TF message board. Is saying that a legends or bigger optimus prime TF toy gets inserted in the huge optimus maximus robot chest & the head pushes up into the empty big helmet. making this a homage to the takara 1989 TF Victory Brainmasters toys.

the guy who speculated this provided a pic of tiny feet sticking out in the inner chest of the optimus maximus toy.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zbcNoxI6ad0/Tza4AzhgR-I/AAAAAAAACQc/SmKUMdmNlJ0/s1600/tf2.jpg

so,If this is the case,another black colored robot that transforms into a sports car can be called scamper can be inserted into the chest of the big metroplex toy & perform the brainmaster function. scamper doesn't need to be a new mold. it can be a repainted legends bumblebee or repainted legends knockout or a regular legends vechicon sports car/bot.

They should had made it a mech suit... would had been cool, kinda like a new age pretender. But they should had also toned down the gimmickry and made it more pose able and transform into something more than him sitting down. :S

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0-,Not all repaints are automatically destined to be store exclusives. Perhaps this metroplex can be a mass release retail recolor released to all stores in america. since the Cyberverse optimus maximus assortment box will most likely fit 2 figures per assortment case. how about wave 2 feature one metroplex & one optimus maximus in the same assortment case wave.

1 TRU,Is awful,I don't want this repaint or any other repaint to be exclusive to TRU. Walmart or target is where I lke my TF store exclusives to be sold. because they get stuff in higher volume units,have clearance reductions & less store employees that are scalpers.

2- This is true for me & i'm guessing other non-completist. Whenever I see repaints,That's a positive thing. If I like the mold design & theirs a few repaints with maybe different persona's. I'll try my best to weigh the scales & select my favorite colors & persona attached to the mold I like. Recent example: I'm probably gonna buy TF Prime Deadend instead of deluxe knockout if their both using the same exact mold. because I love buying G-1 homages in any TF toy line.

3- I think with the poor economy more have been forced to exibit self control. also,the older we get & the more storage room we run out of,the less we buy. TF fans are getting older & not younger. I don't want to be a hoarder. I only want to buy the bare minium & only what I like. I don't like being a completist because toys is not the only thing I want to spend all my money on.

4- IMHO,This clearly looks extremly similar to 1986 Metroplex. both toys have a extremly lame-o vechicle mode that looks like the robot mode laying on it's back/stomach. both toys don't even remotely look like a passable vechicle mode,other than having wheels on the bottom. Both toys have a similar design shape/dimensions in vechicle mode. both toys have the robot head sticking out on top & near the back end of the vechicle mode. both toys hsve extemly similiar robot designed proportions/shapes. both toys have the same exact huge robot head ears/horns/sirens. both toys have pleny of slots to accommodate/store/house tiny TF toys in both modes.

4a- I shouldn't be too hard to stretch out the vechicle mode,open a few slots/things & create a city mode.

5-

0 - Most repaints are destined for Wide release, though some of the better ones are always store exclusive, Space Case is a good example of that. Metroplex would be an exclusive to TRU if Hasbro was stupid enough to do it

1 - Where did you get the idea I said this piece of junk is going to be an exclusive to TRU? Although I think it would be funny if it ended up as a TRU exclusive. Not all TRU employees are scalpers most are idiots IMO

2- Some repaints are good, others are bad. Bumblebee is a perfect example of this his are bad because they are overflowing

3- Actually its forced many to sell, though I'm still wondering why people are saying its a poor economy and using that as an excuse

4- This piece of junk looks nothing like Metroplex once you look at the aesthetics you will see that there is no way for this thing to even remotely look like Metroplex

6- To answer you other post, yse a robot sits in the chest of the suit, it is meant for Optimus to sit in. Kind of like the Brainmasters from Victory, Thus another reason why it is not Metroplex

First off, I want to say...ShadowPanther, pay attention to how Lord Onslaught replied. That's how you reply instead of shoving everything you're replying to at the bottom of the post. It provides a natural flow of information instead of having to going up and down to understand the post.

As for repainting into Metroplex, I don't quite see it. Metroplex had more steps to his transformation outside of "sit down".

Another thing that won't really work: it seems like you're wanting this to be a repaint in the same line. Hasbro's history of larger scale / higher price repaints is pretty small.

There's only 3 larger price point repaints I can think of in recent history, with 1 getting a release during the same line.

1.) Beast Wars Optimal Optimus into Beast Machines' extremely limited Primal Prime.

2.)Armada Unicron, he managed to get three repaints, but it was spread out over two lines(Armada, Energon), then after a six year period (2010), as an exclusive to Amazon.

3.)Energon Omega Supreme managed to get a redeco into Omega Sentinel, which might of been a wide release, but I only recall seeing it at Toys R Us.

So, given that, odds of Optimus Maximus getting repainted into Metroplex, during this year's line up seems pretty slim...but you could surprise us. Nothing stopping you from making a custom Metroplex from Optimus Maximus to show us how workable it might be.

adding to what Taaron said regarding larger figure repaints...

Hasbro loves repainting Starscream into Thundercracker and Skywarp. They didn't do it to Cybertron Leader Class Starscream, and the have yet to do it to ROTF Leader Class Starscream.

They did however do a few repaints of Leader Class Megatron and Prime in Cybertron, and 2007 Movie figures....

so who knows.

after seeing better pictures on another website a few minutes ago i must say this is a phenomenal waste of plastic...destined for discount bins everywhere...

That Australian toy show? Yeah, this Optimus Maximus thing is atrocious. It looks like it's made out of chain-link fencing. There are so many gaps! Why couldn't Hasbro make a nice Autobot HQ playset inspired by the cartoon? Why this thing?

after seeing better pictures on another website a few minutes ago i must say this is a phenomenal waste of plastic...destined for discount bins everywhere...

That Australian toy show? Yeah, this Optimus Maximus thing is atrocious. It looks like it's made out of chain-link fencing. There are so many gaps! Why couldn't Hasbro make a nice Autobot HQ playset inspired by the cartoon? Why this thing?

at the chain link fence comment. i was looking for a good metaphore. you hit the nail on the head with that one sir. well done.

at the chain link fence comment. i was looking for a good metaphore. you hit the nail on the head with that one sir. well done.

Ofcause,it's a awful toy. but looking at 1986 metroplex,that's another awful toy. I figured since both toys were equally awful,looked similar in both modes & both interacted with smaller scale tiny TF toys. both toys seemed to transform easily by sitting in a chair pose or being stretched out in a stand up pose. I didn't see the harm in repainting cyberverse optimus maximus in 1986 metroplex toy colors.

Yes,I've owned a few 1986 metroplex toys. that's i bought at second hand stores.

Hasbro is off the the ball,it was either design this cyberverse "thing" after optimus or design it after bumblebee. their was no thought on the hasbro table to design this after a 1980's city-former.

Archived