Cyberverse Optimus Maximus should get recolored into 1986 Metroplex's color scheme as it has similar designed modes & functions.

Shadowpanther

Cyberverse Optimus Maximus should get recolored into 1986 Metroplex's color scheme as it has similar designed modes & functions.

A white+silver+black+maroon red colors will make this look like metroplex.

http://awesometoyblog.com/2012/02/11/toy-fair-2012-official-hasbro-transformers-images-and-descriptions/?nggpage=3

http://awesometoyblog.com/2012/02/11/toy-fair-2012-official-hasbro-transformers-images-and-descriptions/?nggpage=3

Looking at the pics above in this thread. this toy is dead ringer/exact updated homage mode for 1986 Metroplex. all it needs to do is get repainted into 1986 metroplex's color scheme.

cyberverse optimus maximus has a vechicle mode that looks like 1986 metroplex's rolling alt mode design. the cyberverse optimus maximus robot mode also looks similar to the 1986 metroplex robot mode. lastly the cyberverse optimus maximus can interact with the legends sized TF toys & has places for them to work mini battle stations & they can park in alt mode in those tiny slots.

hopefully we get this repainted in 1986 metrople'x colors as it looks like a decent homage design in all modes. it's decently poseable & the right big city-former size. plus fans/buyers can pretend it's a giant & the legends toys are regular sized TF toys.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm intrigued by this figure, but not quite sure if I'm going to like him or not yet. I'm concerned that, well, he's too holey. I'd like to see more solid panels. Throw in a helipad addition to the mix and a Metroplex version would be pretty neat.

Though, one thing. I believe a smaller Optimus figure plugs into the chest of this beast, piloting it like a big mech suit. Metroplex would have to have a Scamper or Six Gun made to serve in the same capacity.

You can see Optimus's feet sticking out in this pic...

http://TFormers.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=17164&pic=transformers-prime-cyberverse-optimus-maximus+%283%29.JPG&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=transformers-toy-fair-2012-transformers-prime

They should had made it a mech suit... would had been cool, kinda like a new age pretender. But they should had also toned down the gimmickry and made it more pose able and transform into something more than him sitting down. :S

Repaints cost nothing to create. all that's gets done is color swaps at the factory. since the toy is already gonna be put out their,then a repaint can't hurt.

Contrary to popular belief,repaints serve a purpose. it allows buyers to select their favorite color & persona using the mold they like.

I see no negatives about releasing this metroplex repaint. unless someone is a completist & forces themselves to buy everything.

most TF fans have self control & only buy what they like & leave the rest of what they don't want for others to buy.

I love recolors because it allows me to select my favorite colors & persona applied to a new TF toy mold i'm interested in.

Some TF fans seem to think creating repaints with newer persona's,will prevent that character from getting it's own unique 100% new mold. I dis-agree with this as I think it has the oppossite effect. Having a metroplex recolor using the Cyberverse Optimus Maximus toy will advertise the metroplex character & cause hasbro to create a new mold for it.

ummm... no why would you want to insult Metroplex with that piece of junk?

Good heavens no! Yuck. Hasbro will be lucky to sell the one they're already making.

Good heavens no! Yuck. Hasbro will be lucky to sell the one they're already making.

+1.

I can't wait to skip this toy.

I can think of two negatives:

+ Pointless or random repaints which would serve to peg/shelfwarm. Repaints tend to sell better when they're done better, often as a new character; e.g. in G1 the 1984 jets were all repaints of the same Diaclone F15 mould, but they were all different characters so it worked. Likewise Rumble/Frenzy were two different variants of the same Microman mould, but they were different characters (plus one came with Laserbeak and the other with Ravage) - so it worked. It's not as if Skywarp was "Stealth Starscream" and Thundercracker was "Deep Space Starscream" etc. A bit of creativity goes a long way. The longer term damage of shelfwarmers is that it can discourage retailers from ordering more TF stock from Hasbro which can lead to Hasbro releasing less TFs (including cancellation of certain figures).

+ Wasting "assortment space" that could have been occupied by another toy. e.g. if we only had four less DotM Bumblebees we may already have had DotM Deluxe Soundwave, Mirage, Que and Leadfoot.

I don't mind repaints per se, but they can be done better. And there's this thing called timing... Hasbro should have pumped out DotM Soundwave, Mirage, Que and Leadfoot first, then released slews of repaints toward the tail end of the line when the hype is dying down - not the other way around. Hasbro pumped out swarms of Bumblebees and cancelled the missing DotM characters for the tail end of the line. :(

Repaints cost nothing to create. all that's gets done is color swaps at the factory. since the toy is already gonna be put out their,then a repaint can't hurt.

Contrary to popular belief,repaints serve a purpose. it allows buyers to select their favorite color & persona using the mold they like.

I see no negatives about releasing this metroplex repaint. unless someone is a completist & forces themselves to buy everything.

most TF fans have self control & only buy what they like & leave the rest of what they don't want for others to buy.

I love recolors because it allows me to select my favorite colors & persona applied to a new TF toy mold i'm interested in.

Some TF fans seem to think creating repaints with newer persona's,will prevent that character from getting it's own unique 100% new mold. I dis-agree with this as I think it has the oppossite effect. Having a metroplex recolor using the Cyberverse Optimus Maximus toy will advertise the metroplex character & cause hasbro to create a new mold for it.

SP man

Number 1, seriously at $35 MSRP so TRU retail price will be around $40. This thing is not going to sell. Most were expecting $25 at most. It is destined for the Clearance rack and linger there with Kreo

Number 2, That is utter crap about it allows the buyer to select their favorite color and persona. If that were true then you could walk into a Walmart and decide you wanted your bumblebee to be purple with white spots. It is more like you can decide

which version of the character you want. But in the end they are all the same figure

Number 3, You would be surprised by how many buy everything that Hasbro puts out even while complaining in their head, but will never speak bad of Hasbro. Because they have no self control.

Number 4, there is a lot of negative with repainting this thing in Metroplex's colors. This is not Metroplex, just by changing the colors doesn't always mean its a new character now. Everything else has to fit as well. Hasbro will also look at it as we

released a piece of crap then repainted it into a G1 Metroplex so now we do not have to create a proper homage to G1 Metroplex

Number 5, while normally I have found myself agreeing with you, it is all these repainted homages you keep tossing out, that I find myself completely disagreeing with you on

replying to Goktimus prime:

1- If Hasbro planned repaints out properly we wouldn't get shelf or peg warmers. instead of releasing 20,000 Cyberverse optimus maximus toys in america cut that in half. only release 15,000 optimus maximus toys in america. then release the 2nd half 15,000 in metroplex colors/persona in USA stores.

2- Their clearly is no other cyberverse big toy comming out in 2012 other than optimus maximus. so nothing is being wasted in the assortment box. my guess is that they'll be two cyberverse optimus maximus shipping in one assortment box. if hasbro were to recolor optimus maximus,they could release one optimus maximus & one metroplex in the same assortment box.

3- releasing repaints doesn't take away anything from releasing new molds. new molds & repaints are two seperate entities. new molds go thru a 10+step creation process. repaints just go thru the final stages of doing color swaps,recoloring the box art & making up a new bio. repaints help milk the molds for more profit & puts more cash in hasbro/takara's pockets.

4- I agree releasing repaints first in the assortment waves & new molds later in the assortment waves isn't that bright of a idea. maybe the newer molds aren't ready yet,so repaints from the previous movie get put in earlier assortment waves to buy hasbro more time to create the newer movie toys.

replying to lord onslaught:

0-,Not all repaints are automatically destined to be store exclusives. Perhaps this metroplex can be a mass release retail recolor released to all stores in america. since the Cyberverse optimus maximus assortment box will most likely fit 2 figures per assortment case. how about wave 2 feature one metroplex & one optimus maximus in the same assortment case wave.

1 TRU,Is awful,I don't want this repaint or any other repaint to be exclusive to TRU. Walmart or target is where I lke my TF store exclusives to be sold. because they get stuff in higher volume units,have clearance reductions & less store employees that are scalpers.

2- This is true for me & i'm guessing other non-completist. Whenever I see repaints,That's a positive thing. If I like the mold design & theirs a few repaints with maybe different persona's. I'll try my best to weigh the scales & select my favorite colors & persona attached to the mold I like. Recent example: I'm probably gonna buy TF Prime Deadend instead of deluxe knockout if their both using the same exact mold. because I love buying G-1 homages in any TF toy line.

3- I think with the poor economy more have been forced to exibit self control. also,the older we get & the more storage room we run out of,the less we buy. TF fans are getting older & not younger. I don't want to be a hoarder. I only want to buy the bare minium & only what I like. I don't like being a completist because toys is not the only thing I want to spend all my money on.

4- IMHO,This clearly looks extremly similar to 1986 Metroplex. both toys have a extremly lame-o vechicle mode that looks like the robot mode laying on it's back/stomach. both toys don't even remotely look like a passable vechicle mode,other than having wheels on the bottom. Both toys have a similar design shape/dimensions in vechicle mode. both toys have the robot head sticking out on top & near the back end of the vechicle mode. both toys hsve extemly similiar robot designed proportions/shapes. both toys have the same exact huge robot head ears/horns/sirens. both toys have pleny of slots to accommodate/store/house tiny TF toys in both modes.

4a- I shouldn't be too hard to stretch out the vechicle mode,open a few slots/things & create a city mode.

5-

I can think of two negatives:

+ Pointless or random repaints which would serve to peg/shelfwarm. Repaints tend to sell better when they're done better, often as a new character; e.g. in G1 the 1984 jets were all repaints of the same Diaclone F15 mould, but they were all different characters so it worked. Likewise Rumble/Frenzy were two different variants of the same Microman mould, but they were different characters (plus one came with Laserbeak and the other with Ravage) - so it worked. It's not as if Skywarp was "Stealth Starscream" and Thundercracker was "Deep Space Starscream" etc. A bit of creativity goes a long way. The longer term damage of shelfwarmers is that it can discourage retailers from ordering more TF stock from Hasbro which can lead to Hasbro releasing less TFs (including cancellation of certain figures).

+ Wasting "assortment space" that could have been occupied by another toy. e.g. if we only had four less DotM Bumblebees we may already have had DotM Deluxe Soundwave, Mirage, Que and Leadfoot.

I don't mind repaints per se, but they can be done better. And there's this thing called timing... Hasbro should have pumped out DotM Soundwave, Mirage, Que and Leadfoot first, then released slews of repaints toward the tail end of the line when the hype is dying down - not the other way around. Hasbro pumped out swarms of Bumblebees and cancelled the missing DotM characters for the tail end of the line. :(

SP man

Number 1, seriously at $35 MSRP so TRU retail price will be around $40. This thing is not going to sell. Most were expecting $25 at most. It is destined for the Clearance rack and linger there with Kreo

Number 2, That is utter crap about it allows the buyer to select their favorite color and persona. If that were true then you could walk into a Walmart and decide you wanted your bumblebee to be purple with white spots. It is more like you can decide

which version of the character you want. But in the end they are all the same figure

Number 3, You would be surprised by how many buy everything that Hasbro puts out even while complaining in their head, but will never speak bad of Hasbro. Because they have no self control.

Number 4, there is a lot of negative with repainting this thing in Metroplex's colors. This is not Metroplex, just by changing the colors doesn't always mean its a new character now. Everything else has to fit as well. Hasbro will also look at it as we

released a piece of crap then repainted it into a G1 Metroplex so now we do not have to create a proper homage to G1 Metroplex

Number 5, while normally I have found myself agreeing with you, it is all these repainted homages you keep tossing out, that I find myself completely disagreeing with you on

Archived