Who else hasn't done any toy hunts looking for TF Prime toys yet? I'm in no rush,i'll buy them when their out in full force/saturation.

Shadowpanther

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to admit, I'm surprised on so many here not having any love for Prime. It's the best show and so far the best figures supporting a show we've had probably since Beast Wars. But I know how it goes. It could be a line of perfect g1 masterpiece figures and there will still be people who find a reason to find fault in them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the line TF Animated SHOULD have been. But then the show would have been on CN and cancelled by now so I'm glad it's not.

Just wondering, how many people's bad feelings for this line are stemming from not being able to get all the first edition figures?

I havent been able to watch the show - no HUB - so I havent really had any interest grow for the toys. I got the SDCC Prime and I dont think I will be getting anything else from the line. I am pretty sure that if I had found the first edition voyager Optimus I would have bought it, but I passed on the regular voyager the other day. I did get the Bot Shot Optimus though...

I didnt realize until this thread, but the only toy runs I have done lately have been to Ross looking for the GI Joe Resolute sets that have been popping up there. Other than that, there really isnt anything in stores I want to hunt for.

I never write off a New or old TF toy line,their is always one or a few itemes I like.

Thus far,I haven't done any TF Prime toy hunts. because I'm not interested in anything from wave one.

Their are a few things I'm interested in waves 2 & beyond of the TF Prime toy line like as follows: (1)leader size weaponizers optimus prime. (2) deluxe class knockout or deadend,i'm specualting their using the same mold. (3) voyager size rid bulkhead (4) voyager size skyquake. (5)deluxe class rid vechicon. (6) leader or supreme sized rock lord planet/bot unicron if hasbro/takara decides to make & release it in stores.

Got to admit, I'm surprised on so many here not having any love for Prime. It's the best show and so far the best figures supporting a show we've had probably since Beast Wars. But I know how it goes. It could be a line of perfect g1 masterpiece figures and there will still be people who find a reason to find fault in them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the line TF Animated SHOULD have been. But then the show would have been on CN and cancelled by now so I'm glad it's not.

Just wondering, how many people's bad feelings for this line are stemming from not being able to get all the first edition figures?

I never cared much for the TV show, but I seriously considered buying the First Edition toys, especially Cliffjumper. I'm not going to support a company that thinks it's okay to spend that money on brand new toys and only use the molds once; especially in light of all the times when Hasbro should have made something new but instead made a simple repaint. Add the fact of what Takara-Tomy is doing with their Transformers Prime toys, well, Hasbro can take their RiD stuff and shove them.

I don't have the Hub, but I can vouch for some of the new Prime figures. They are actually really good for the most part. Soundwave in particular looks like what the bayverse version should've been. Megatron is really cool (hoping for a leader class at some point). Wheeljack blows his generations version away. I felt burnt by the First Edition debacle as well, but don't let that scare you away from some good figures.

I know it sucks not being able to watch it on TV, but if that is the case just YouTube it.

I can't always be around when new episodes air so I catch them on YouTube when they are posted. I'll still watch it on TV later so it's no biggie.

Wanted to get season 1 blue ray today but apparently you can only buy them online. WTF?!?!?!

3 cases (90 total) of the new Barbie video came in at my store for today's release and 3 whole copies of TF Prime. It just ain't right I tell ya!

Eh for those of you who don't get the hub your not missing much, The Unicron story was a let down, and the Orion Pax finale was boring. Only some of the figures have made up for it. If you manage tp find the FE Voyager Optimus or the RiD Soundwave I highly encourage you to buy them. Especially Soundwave

TF Prime season one was just released to stores today in america. getting 26 CGI episodes for under or around $24 isn't a bad deal. that's under $1.00 per episode. so clearly those who don't have the hub can now watch it on DVD's. If you don't want to buy it that then that's a whole other matter.

I disagree,IMHO,The TF Prime cartoon series is pure awesome & pure epic. this is everything animated wasn't. Since I'm a adult TF fan,I'm really enjoying the much higher kid/teenager viewer intended age.

IMHO,Other then secondary market profits & future profit gain,the FE toys are nothing special. IMHO,The best TF Prime,optimus prime toy is the leader/weaponizers optimus prime toy.

IMHO,Clearly the FE toys weren't CGI Cartoon accurate. the Rid versions appear to be more CGI Cartoon accurate. IMHO,The FE toys had lower sculpt & were geared towards younger toddler kids. IMHO,The RID TF Prime toys have higher more grown up sculpt & are being aimed at older kids & not toddlers.

I'm not a fan of microman/TF toys that don't change into their original 1980's TF alt modes,so TF Prime soundwave is a easy pass.

If,I had my way,they'd be a leader/supreme sized TFP Rock lord planet/bot unicron toy released in 2012 or early 2013.

Eh for those of you who don't get the hub your not missing much, The Unicron story was a let down, and the Orion Pax finale was boring. Only some of the figures have made up for it. If you manage tp find the FE Voyager Optimus or the RiD Soundwave I highly encourage you to buy them. Especially Soundwave

Archived