wouldn't it make sense to use the video game footage to create a TF movie,that gets sold direct to DVD. referring to various TF video games like WFC.

Shadowpanther

wouldn't it make sense to use the video game footage to create a TF movie,that gets sold direct to DVD. referring to various TF video games like WFC.

It is after-all high quality CGI,Talented voice actory,decent stories.

Ofcause I want it to look profesional & to be liscensed not a KO. I've seen those U-tube video games turned into quickie movies & they look aweful. because the KO's have the characters too tiny & the video game power read out specs all over the place/in the movie.

Since the CGI models & CGI Back grounds have been done for the liscensed video game. It can't be too hard to increase the CGI Character models to make them bigger & to turn around in the proper angles to make them face the screen properly.

How hard can it be to take all the CGI Models from the game,re-hire the video game voice actors to voice the characters in the movie. use the scripts/dialogues to create a decent War for cybertron movie or Heroes of Cybertron movie. that gets released direct to DVD at stores.

I suspose the hard part would be lobbying & asking stores to take the chance & carry the item. PROBLEM SOLVED,TRICK retailers into buying the movie by charging $10 to $15 more for the video game but also include the movie inside the package. or try to sell the movie seperatly in store for around $15.

Honestly,I don't know why this idea hasn't happened yet. it's a no brainer & a major cost saver. because the CGI exspenses & labor has already been done for the video game,might as well milk the CGI stuff as much as they can. the story script is already written. all that's gotta be done is gather up the voice actors & create slightly better dialogue for them to record on this movie.

I agree. I mean, you can tell that about 99.99% of the Tf Game trailers take about as much time to do as the moives. ( Maybe even more time due to the fact that the game designers needs to design the landscape and backgroung for the games trailers. :/ )

It would seem obvious that someone could easily create a movie using a video game. The technology is there already but I think the problem is that video games and standard animation production people are still in two different camps. As far as I know, the process to create a 3D animated show like Beast Wars or TF Prime is vastly different than a video game. There are similarities, but I don't think that the TF Prime is a functional world on a computer somewhere.

It would seem obvious that someone could easily create a movie using a video game. The technology is there already but I think the problem is that video games and standard animation production people are still in two different camps. As far as I know, the process to create a 3D animated show like Beast Wars or TF Prime is vastly different than a video game. There are similarities, but I don't think that the TF Prime is a functional world on a computer somewhere.

This. You would basically have to revamp the engine to do what you want to do. You won't see anyone make any facial expressions because your playing in third person (barring cutscenes which may/may not be actual gameplay) and you'd have to revamp the camera to do what you want to do. You also run into things like having to remap skeletons to be able to do certain postures, empty voids and clipping textures because you may be filming something that you werent supposed to see from a certain angle. It's not as easy as it sounds but really if you want to watch a story with the WFC and FOC video games is it so hard to just play them?

Having a movie on the side like what Dead Space and Dante's Inferno did is different. I hope Mass Effect gets a CGI one. I wouldnt mind a FOC movie based on the game, but do it regular 2D animated, the in-game is not really cinema quality graphics.

I got the Video Gme turned into a CGI Movie Direct to DVD idea. because months ago,I saw a You-Tube video of a War for Cybertron movie. basically the guy created a movie using the video game footage. I used a ANT.COM download program to download the WFC Movie on my computer. then I uploaded the WFC movie off my computer on to a Blank DVD disk. the WFC movie is decent but it's got game specs like power meters on the top corners,the characters in the game also don't turn around properly & some of them are tiny in certain scenes.

This. You would basically have to revamp the engine to do what you want to do. You won't see anyone make any facial expressions because your playing in third person (barring cutscenes which may/may not be actual gameplay) and you'd have to revamp the camera to do what you want to do. You also run into things like having to remap skeletons to be able to do certain postures, empty voids and clipping textures because you may be filming something that you werent supposed to see from a certain angle. It's not as easy as it sounds but really if you want to watch a story with the WFC and FOC video games is it so hard to just play them?

Having a movie on the side like what Dead Space and Dante's Inferno did is different. I hope Mass Effect gets a CGI one. I wouldnt mind a FOC movie based on the game, but do it regular 2D animated, the in-game is not really cinema quality graphics.

Yeah I don't want to say you could just use WFC to make a movie the way it is. A lot of PC games do have a limited ability for people to make movies. Take Skyrim for example. You already have the ability to put the camera anywhere you want... well in third person view. You can change options to make all the HUD elements disappear. You can disable the options to add blood splatter/change the screen (blur) when you get hit.

But that is just a game (Oblivion is the same way) and if a company were to make a 3D movie like this they wouldn't be using a game you could buy in the store. And it wouldn't be released, because while it would be technically a game, you couldn't play it like a normal game.

You mean like hasbro commission machinima to make a full length movie with the various video game models? Kinda like how gamestop did for the WFC commercials?

I dunno if I could stand the transformer equivalent of Bob and Steve for 3 hours XD.

You mean like hasbro commission machinima to make a full length movie with the various video game models? Kinda like how gamestop did for the WFC commercials?

No that is different because that was using an actual game. I'm talking about changing the approach to making a 3d animated show or movie by using a game engine instead, not necessarily from an existing game.

Archived