What are your Favorite Armada toys?

Shadowpanther

Unicron

Wheeljack

Overload was ok

I only wish that the stupid minicons would disappear completely, and hope Hasbro never again revists that line

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally,the minicons are awesome if done right.

by done right,I mean super poseable & all weapons modes like the PCC minicons.

Cureently the Takara TF Prime new molds minicons are doing things right. by having super poseable robots modes that transform into guns,meelee type weapons & so forth. the weapons combine to form bigger weapons this right here is pure awesome.

My favorite armada minicons are the ones that turned into targetmasters & headmaster. I think One of the PCC minicons transformed into a powermaster.

I didn't mind the universe animal/bot minicons. they were just awful because they weren't super poseable in neither mode. had they been super poseable & been like TF Victory 1989 breat-force parners they would have been awesome & must get. ofcause they'd need three modes robot,animal & breast plate mode. yeah I realize the 1989 TF Victory breatforce partners had no robot modes.

I never cared for the trio minicons that combined to form weapons,I thought those were mangled garbage. I never understood why they received so much praise in the on-line fandom.

Unicron

Wheeljack

Overload was ok

I only wish that the stupid minicons would disappear completely, and hope Hasbro never again revists that line

Let's see, the line tried so many cool things! It was almost impossible not to find something you liked.

My favorites:

Megatron

Superpants Prime

Demolisher - one of the best deluxe Decepticons ever made IMO

Cyclonus

Actually, can I just say virtually the entire line except for Thrust?

I didn't have any problems with Armada. The articulation lacked, but I enjoyed the minicons and using them with Optimus's command base.

As for the major figures...

Unicron

Wheeljack

Starscream/Skywarp/Thundercracker

Tidal Wave

The most underrated figure though I think is Overload. Yeah, I know a brick. But he's full of possibilities. Connects nicely to Optimus's command base, transport and launcher for Jetfire, and has some fun fan modes as well. The headmaster gimmick with his minicon is also awesome. He looks like the hulk of the Transformers universe.

Some of the best toys in Armada were the Mini-Cons.

Most of the non-Mini-Con toys were rubbish. My favourite non-Mini-Con Armada toy would be Micron Legend Shockwave. Bendy Prime is also pretty nifty.

eric_laserbeak.jpg

^"Aw man, who designed that piece of crap?! Oh yeah, I did!" :D

Personally,the minicons are awesome if done right.

by done right,I mean super poseable & all weapons modes like the PCC minicons.

Cureently the Takara TF Prime new molds minicons are doing things right. by having super poseable robots modes that transform into guns,meelee type weapons & so forth. the weapons combine to form bigger weapons this right here is pure awesome.

My favorite armada minicons are the ones that turned into targetmasters & headmaster. I think One of the PCC minicons transformed into a powermaster.

I didn't mind the universe animal/bot minicons. they were just awful because they weren't super poseable in neither mode. had they been super poseable & been like TF Victory 1989 breat-force parners they would have been awesome & must get. ofcause they'd need three modes robot,animal & breast plate mode. yeah I realize the 1989 TF Victory breatforce partners had no robot modes.

I never cared for the trio minicons that combined to form weapons,I thought those were mangled garbage. I never understood why they received so much praise in the on-line fandom.

Those are not minicons IMO. Those ones are more like the Masters from G1. It is just Hasbro tossing minicon everywhere and even retroing it back to G1 calling all the cassettes minicons.

The PCCs are closest to Targetmasters. With the abilities of the Powermasters in a way.

The problem with the Armada mincons are they are completely useless, there is no point to having them merge pathetically with the autobots and decepticons

There were some stinker minicons but I think the majority of them were done quite nicely. Especially when you get down to some of the last sets where they had some nice Targetmaster mojo going on.

Many of the main line figures also had great minicon partners. Cyclonus's, Optimus's, Red Alert's, Starscream's, Demolishor's, Blurr's, Wheeljacks, and in some cases they were the one neat feature of the figures like with Sideways. Sideswipes was cool in theory, but the bot mode for that minicon is a wreck.

Some figures had rather silly minicon partners that seemed more like slapped together afterthoughts, but the ones that integrated them well were all pretty neat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...

Unicron

Bendy Prime

Wheeljack

Powerlinx Hotshot(I have the japanese version though, the light up hand moved it a couple notches up)

Overload

Hoist(Except for the shovel arm, very nicely articulated figure)

Im a big fan of minicons myself, and my favorites are the Emergency Team and the Street Speed Team.

I particularly thought that Cyclonus's minicon was brilliant. Probably one of the very best combos in the entire line. Cyclonus had a nice enough copter mode without the minicon, looking more like a cargo/personnel carrier. However, with it connected it made him a beastly looking attack copter.

I for one wouldn't mind re-designed versions of Armada Cyclonus and Demolishor complete with new minicon partners. Same copter aesthetic, but clean up some of the more odd looking bits and ditch the unlocking weapons crap that didn't help things for Cyclonus, and a nice newly designed mobile missile battery for Demolishor. I did like Demolishor's, but thought he could have made a more seamless fit when combined in alt mode and given the overall form a more natural tank-ish look. Also a bit of an improvement in the articulation wouldn't be a bad idea either.

In fact, more than the actual designs of the figure, what bothered me more was some of the silly places they put those unlocking weapon features. Poorly thought out in every practical sense. Especially the hip launcher on Scavenger...worst ever!

So long as they can make a partner minicon that can integrate well in alt mode, have a decent little bot mode and a 3rd mode as the bots weapon then I would be all for seeing a return to that type of concept in Transformers. PCC did OK, but I'd still like a little better. Don't need no stinkin springy gimmicks! Fine if they don't get in the way and make sense, otherwise, leave it!

Armada Unicron was what convinced to start collecting Transformers again. I remember walking into walking into a Toys'r'Us one day, and being shocked at the sight of Unicron sitting on the shelves. I hadn't watched Transformers since the G1 cartoon (though I was more a fan of the UK comics).

The Armada line wasn't the greatest, but it had some gems. There were quite a few bricks in the line, but some were worth getting (My favourites being Tidal Wave and the Optimus Prime/Overload combo.) I also liked Megatron and and Starscream.

Archived