What are your Favorite Armada toys?

Shadowpanther

What are your Favorite Armada toys?

To be honest,I didn't care for the bulk of the toys made in this line. Because the average armada toy lacked key articulation.

I didn't care for the sculpt/designs on the autobots toys as they looked like they were tailored for todddlers under the age of 4.

I do have a few favorite armada toys & here is the extremly short list:

(1)Armada Unicron mold in Takara 2010 toy colors.

(2)Armada tidalwave in the Takara micron-dentsu toy line colors.

(3)Armada voyager sized Starscream mold.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a 6 word title? you're losing your touch....

I really liked the Deluxe class Optimus Prime. Could have done with out the Mini-Con/Super Punch gimmick but it's still a great figure. Wheeljack wasn't bad. I thought he was the only decent looking vehicle we got.

But yea, there were some solid piles of :poop in that line like Scavenger. Seriously. He was a brick with limbs.

But yea, there were some solid piles of :poop in that line like Scavenger. Seriously. He was a brick with limbs.

I would classify Scavenger as a brick with batteries.

I've blocked out the memory of those toys... I'll have to go look up some pictures to say for sure. Note that I didn't get that much experience with the toys themselves because I don't usually open them.

- Air Defense Team = Star Saber sword. The other groups, while fine in the fiction didn't really work out well as toys.

- Wreckage (mold) from the Land Military Team. Of all the Minicons, this was my favorite.

- Sideswipe ... YES I like that guy... mainly for the vehicle mode tho.

- Wheeljack and Windsheer. Both are great.

And that's it. I'll leave out Terrorsaur for obvious reasons.

Armada was a love/hate series. Some figures, such as Megatron/Galvatron, Bendy Prime and Wheeljack were awesome. Then you have schlock like Scavenger and Ultra class Prime which ended up being electronic bricks. Not to mention visual messes like Sideswipe.

Unicron because he's the only thing I can relate to. I have a later release of that mold.

I dont have a good opinion about anything Armada because it basically killed Transformers for me for a LOOOONG time.

I always viewed armada Scavenger as a cute & weird updated homage new mold for the Generation 2 Auto-Rollers.

I would classify Scavenger as a brick with batteries.

Then you have schlock like Scavenger and Ultra class Prime which ended up being electronic bricks. Sideswipe.

Archived