Ongoing Discussions Regarding Transformers Collectors Club Security Breach Thread: Update: Breach Occurred, Cancel Cards, Change Passwords

Overbite

17254-100.JPG
Fun Publications has taken down their Transformers Collectors' Club Store with a message that specifies shoppers' security as the chief reason and that they are "busy upgrading the store for your safety and will be back up shortly." While the company has not publicly acknowledged that they were involved in the recent compromise of multiple credit cards linked to purchases on their store, it seems that the company is taking a step at addressing the potential issue. "Your security is important to us," the message begins on the Club Store page. "We are busy upgrading the store for your safety and will be back up shortly." Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good on them. I had one of my cards recently compromised and the last thing i used it online for was to buy Over-Run and SG Drift. it took a while for my card to get hit with a fraud charge. I haven't used that card online ever. I got it in response to the TF Source compromise last year.

And yet another reason,I'm glad I decided to cancel my TFCC club membership last year.

It's worth a mention that the TFCC site already received a update months ago & this is the direct cause of the site,info & credit cards getting hacked into.

I suspect the previous TFCC site update that happened months ago,was full of adware & pop ups that enabled the hackers to have a back door/key logger/ into the TFCC site.

honestly linking the TFCC site & it's ordering site thru google using a portal/link was the worst thing anyone business or site can do. as google is the number one site that troll's like to hack into. google doesn't care enough about it's members,as google refuses to update their site with the much needed encryption codes,fire walls & security measures needed to defeat hackers,spammers & trolls.

good on them. I had one of my cards recently compromised and the last thing i used it online for was to buy Over-Run and SG Drift. it took a while for my card to get hit with a fraud charge. I haven't used that card online ever. I got it in response to the TF Source compromise last year.

Got the call from my credit card company yesterday! Got dinged for a $1 charge to Google & they attempted to purchase $309 from Wal*Mart.com Thankfully they were on top of things & I've canceled the card. The only purchase I've made all year on said card? Yep! TFCC! This'll be my first & last year of membership!

I found these form letters we can send to Hasbro regarding the recent credit card information theft from the club's system. If you disagree with or feel any parts need to be edited, feel free to change it to your taste before you mail it out.

Enough snail mail from fans should get the point across that we won't tolerate anything like this happening again. The point isn't to shut down FunPub; it's to make Hasbro aware that we ARE very concerned about what has happened and that it has affected our opinions.

Here's a form letter for anyone who had their information stolen and used:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KZudqarbNJUo1xT0-ls8WtL4143pddP_ipjuMt0kUq8/edit?pli=1

And here's one for anyone who is worried their information may have been compromised, but hasn't been directly affected (yet): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sVipB1gHhoWwrhV0EhkHs3lu4LtxBejjaZMMeSY9QfA/edit?pli=1

Please don't edit this and send ridiculous, immature cries against FunPub. This is meant to be a civil letter-writing campaign to get a point across. The more CIVIL letters Hasbro receives, the better the point will come across.

Please spread this to anyone you know who has been affected or could potentially be affected by the recent credit situation with the club.

I'm sure fun pub will adress this at botcon's 2012 convention.

Whether or not hasbro is currently aware of this "right now" is un-known. Sadly last year at botcon 2011,hasbro employees were un-aware that USA based retail stores weren't ordering the last few waves of RTS & PCC toys.

Personally,I can envision the name blame game happening in this scenario. hasbro will claim it's not their fault,not their responsibilty nor are they liable,as they gave the TFCC liscense to fun pub for a set price. fun pub will claim,they do their best & did update the site's software system several times within a yearly period. in a possible scenario the name blame game will be put on google's shoulders. as most people know google doesn't care & hides it's contact info on purpose to prevent members from contacting them.

About the only scenario I can see happening here in this case. is if the TFCC credit card info fraud is as bad as most think it is or if the credit card stealing info escaletes/continues. then Hasbro might take away the Botcon liscense from fun pub & sell it to someone else.

I found these form letters we can send to Hasbro regarding the recent credit card information theft from the club's system. If you disagree with or feel any parts need to be edited, feel free to change it to your taste before you mail it out.

Enough snail mail from fans should get the point across that we won't tolerate anything like this happening again. The point isn't to shut down FunPub; it's to make Hasbro aware that we ARE very concerned about what has happened and that it has affected our opinions.

Here's a form letter for anyone who had their information stolen and used:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KZudqarbNJUo1xT0-ls8WtL4143pddP_ipjuMt0kUq8/edit?pli=1

And here's one for anyone who is worried their information may have been compromised, but hasn't been directly affected (yet): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sVipB1gHhoWwrhV0EhkHs3lu4LtxBejjaZMMeSY9QfA/edit?pli=1

Please don't edit this and send ridiculous, immature cries against FunPub. This is meant to be a civil letter-writing campaign to get a point across. The more CIVIL letters Hasbro receives, the better the point will come across.

Please spread this to anyone you know who has been affected or could potentially be affected by the recent credit situation with the club.

I received this email from TFCC Friday & thought I would share it here! As a victim, I find it as too little too late. Not only was my credit card breached, my PayPal account was as well, which leads me to believe not only was credit card info stolen, password info as well!

This is going out to all members:  

Fun Publications wants to take this opportunity to apologize to all of our members. 

After many days of analysis, Fun Publications has determined that there is a security issue with our e-commerce systems.  We appreciate all of you who have sent in your details.  Your help has allowed us to ferret out several different patterns of fraudulent charges that have appeared on some members' cards (any that have been used over the last year with both the club store and our event registration system).

We have several different internet/networking companies looking into the matter. Unfortunately, as of yet, we have not been able to identify any forcible entry either into our internet service provider's servers or network.  This is like chasing a ghost through the wires, as unfortunately, the perpetrator did not leave a trail, foot prints or finger prints.

For those of you who have been affected, we apologize for all of your time this has wasted and any inconvenience it has caused you. We understand your frustration as this same type of fraud has happened to everyone in our office on our personal credit cards at some point in the past. Our merchant services provider wants us to remind everyone that even though this can be a huge annoyance for you, the customer, your issuing bank will not hold you responsible for any fraudulent charges that might be placed on your card(s).   

We know that this issue has been a huge topic of discussion on all of the boards for the past few weeks.  However, we are required to investigate to determine and confirm a security issue thoroughly before making any public statements.  This is why we put out a general alert statement two weeks ago.  

Until the analysis is finished (can take several weeks) we don't know if the shut down by our former (Jan 31st) e-commerce provider caused the security issue or not.  We do know that it has not been limited to those who have purchased before the change to our new provider.

Please, watch your cards closely as this type of security issue appears to be on the increase across the net.  No site is 100% safe.  You may want to consider having any cards you have used with Fun Publications in the last year replaced.

At this time, we do not know how long our e-commerce site will be offline for both the store and registrations.  We will get back to you once we have a solution for this security issue.

Thanks for your support - Brian

Archived